Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-29-11, 02:38 AM   #2329
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

BTW, is anyone finding the maps sorta lackluster? They all kindda flow together for me, and nothing really sticks out... at least in BC2, maps had unique features and you could distinguish from from the other... I am not talking about map design, just the overall presentation. I am loving the fact the maps are "wider", so you can flank more...
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-11, 02:40 AM   #2330
Rummy

I am enjoying the mp runs much better than the bay-ta. Gonna play some of the sp I hear it's really good...
Rummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-11, 02:42 AM   #2331
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
BTW, is anyone finding the maps sorta lackluster? They all kindda flow together for me, and nothing really sticks out... at least in BC2, maps had unique features and you could distinguish from from the other... I am not talking about map design, just the overall presentation. I am loving the fact the maps are "wider", so you can flank more...
Theres some nice ones, and then theres the ones that just piss you off royal. Those maps like metro and the other one I cant remember, where you all get funneled down these little corridors. Those are so unfun. One idiot camping with a LMG with a bipod can mow down 10 to 1 with little to no chance of the 10 killing him.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-11, 04:53 AM   #2332
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by GitDat View Post

Next stop... The Danger Zone
Shame you cannot fly it but it's still a cool part though. The water isn't animated very well, Crysis water is much better(same as on the carrier).
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-11, 05:06 AM   #2333
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
I didn't get it from carmack, I got it from this magical thing called math. GTX 580 shader peak throughput 1.5 Tflops. SLI = 3 Tflops. Xbox 360s Xenos throughput ~200 Gflops. 15x. Math says hi brah.
The point is that the PC version is running a lot more effects than the console version and yes if you just use MSAA alone it would probably make the consoles unplayable, so that gives you a clue. Factors are:

Resolution
HBAO
MSAA
FXAA

These things alone would probably require the console to be 3-4 times faster and this is excluding the other options on medium, high or ultra(consoles are on low).
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-11, 09:25 AM   #2334
GitDat

Ok, seriously. How do you turn off these blinding lights? lol. I have everything set to Ultra. So which one do I need to crank down to keep these lights out of my eyes
EVGA Z77 FTW | Core i7 3770k @ 4.7GHz | 16GB G.Skill Trident-X 2400MHz | SLI EVGA GTX 980 SC's | Intel 520 SSD's RAID-0 | ThermalTake 1475watt | 3DMark Fire Strike Ultra - 6,330 | Windows 8 Pro 64-bit | NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround
GitDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-11, 09:32 AM   #2335
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by GitDat View Post
Ok, seriously. How do you turn off these blinding lights? lol. I have everything set to Ultra. So which one do I need to crank down to keep these lights out of my eyes
Its a feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-11, 09:50 AM   #2336
lee63
Classified

Anyone know why HT is such an issue with BF3...game runs fine without it.

Old 10-29-11, 09:51 AM   #2337
GitDat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
Its a feature.
Well which one is it so I can turn it off?! lol
EVGA Z77 FTW | Core i7 3770k @ 4.7GHz | 16GB G.Skill Trident-X 2400MHz | SLI EVGA GTX 980 SC's | Intel 520 SSD's RAID-0 | ThermalTake 1475watt | 3DMark Fire Strike Ultra - 6,330 | Windows 8 Pro 64-bit | NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround
GitDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-11, 10:21 AM   #2338
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
good god..I fell ASLEEP!!

The games first 2 maps couldn't have sucked more. The most generic train fight ever... with your token sly boss man who if I didn't have to relinquish control of my character for every train hop I could have shot by now. The worlds most stupid quicktime events. Ok so now I am building hopping in a way that you arn't supposed to building hop. With 3 stupid people in my squad whos idea to ferret out a sniper.. is to wave your hands in the air all at once.

... oh and the mission failed when one of them got SHOT.

Ok so we jump down and hey look.. more people to kill! lots more people to kill! whats that? defensive point on the bridge with a big gun? sure no prob whoa whoa whoa.. wheres all my defensive metal plates going? 5 deaths later I pickup the gun and then book it back to the stairs, hoping the game dosn't fail me cause my retarded teamate took it upon him self to play bullet dodge in the middle of the bridge. After doing my best and failing to kill alot of people even though I am firing this big ass gun with the precision of a sniper rifle.. the next way point comes up...aaand..earthquake.

Earthquake? Earthquake in my middle eastern wargame? wtf?! And then I do a triple wtf when I wake up and the THIRD WORLD COUNTRY HAS THE GOD DAMN CITY LIT UP LIKE DISNEY WORLD! Last I chekced when an earthquake levels buildings, you probably aren't going to have power and stringing up lights every 5 feet... nore is the local army regeme going to be out hunting for lonely american soldiers.

Ok thats enough of that... ontop of all this the graphics are pretty washed out.. heavy use of HDR lighting causing that... oh and mother of god what is that dust on the screen effect! As someone who wears glasses... this pissed me off to no end... its like..crap.. on me screen.. for the whole game. even in doors!

I am selling this game FN cheap! I don't care if the multi play is pretty good.. I'll prolly enjoy planetside2/tribes 8x better when they come out. MW3 might even have multi play worth 2 cents. Atleast I expect a much much better single player campaign.
I don't mean to laugh but what the hell were you thinking buying this game for the SP? On top of that you complain about it. If you bought this game for the SP you should not be complaining. Now check your mancard in at the receptionist on your way out.
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-11, 10:21 AM   #2339
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
did you enjoy the single-player of quake 3 arena? this is multiplayer game dude. if you bought it expecting a full feature, AAA, balls-to-the-wall singleplayer experience, you have only yourself to blame.
I was gonna make a comparison then I saw you post.
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-11, 10:32 AM   #2340
JasonPC

I'm trying to figure out why in the single play I get over 100 fps but on some servers I can't even get 40 fps. I think there's a lot of server side lag and fps problems.
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote