Click image for larger version

Name:	DENszjywfO3Gw.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	43355  
Old 10-28-11, 10:56 AM   #38
mojoman0

Default Re: Modern Warfare 3 Benefiting From Battlefield 3 Origin Deal

Lol all of those reviews are based on origin, fn ridiculous. You don't even have to interact with origin to play this game. The only way I know it's running is because it shows up in my taskbar!
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-11, 09:55 PM   #39
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

Quote:
I'm going to make these assumptions:

Most PC gamers prefer Steam over Origin.
Most PC gamers would prefer not to run multiple clients to access their gaming libraries.
I'd say that assumption is really out there. Only a very small percentage of gamers use forums so that assumption is based on a very small numbers. Forum users are the minority not the majority. The vast majority could care less about how they get their games.
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-11, 10:51 PM   #40
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

Not having BF3 on Steam might have cost EA 5-10k sales, tops. If you honestly think half a million people didn't buy BF3 because it wasn't on their preferred dd service there is no hope for you.

MW3 is a console game that is basically an expansion pack. There is NO way in hell it will outsell BF3 on pc. With that said, MW3 will outsell BF3 on CONSOLES by huge margins, but it doesn't bother me at all. Let all those little squeeky voiced 12 year old bastards stay on their console toys.

Lastly, both games will sell huge amounts and be very successful. Battlefield 3 has shipped 10 million copies, and stores are already ordering new stock. We all know MW3 will do good on consoles, not so good on pc though.

Pointless stupid thread is pointless and stupid.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-11, 01:04 AM   #41
gRoUnD
Kinetic Momentum

Send a message via ICQ to gRoUnD

You must be a well-paid analyst. Problem is, you cant analyze ****, which makes you certainly an "expert". 5-10k tops my ass, this game was one of the most liked MP game in the older days. Seeing what EA does with Origin when it comes to data privacy - which probably doesnt bothers 12-year old kids and probably is a new word for youse - to install this POS and dont even think about consequences leads me to the assumption that you are the 12-year old failure here.
Old 10-29-11, 01:55 AM   #42
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

That's cool ground, imma play some BF3 and not whine about a bit of software based on some tin foil hat theory. Have fun writing all those amazon reviews!
Old 10-29-11, 09:12 AM   #43
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gRoUnD View Post
You must be a well-paid analyst. Problem is, you cant analyze ****, which makes you certainly an "expert". 5-10k tops my ass, this game was one of the most liked MP game in the older days. Seeing what EA does with Origin when it comes to data privacy - which probably doesnt bothers 12-year old kids and probably is a new word for youse - to install this POS and dont even think about consequences leads me to the assumption that you are the 12-year old failure here.

Oh, the "Origin gonna steal my life through my pc" conspiracy theorist. I wondered what happened to you guys. You all seemed to have gotten quiet over the last month or two, lol!

It doesn't bother me because I'm not a fuggin idiot, unlike someone...

Evga x58 LE
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
Old 10-29-11, 01:11 PM   #44
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID View Post
MW3 is a console game that is basically an expansion pack. There is NO way in hell it will outsell BF3 on pc. With that said, MW3 will outsell BF3 on CONSOLES by huge margins, but it doesn't bother me at all. Let all those little squeeky voiced 12 year old bastards stay on their console toys.
Guess we will find out on the 8th, until then, no one knows.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-29-11, 02:34 PM   #45
CoSWill

To me it's not a BF3 or MW3 thing, it's all about convenience. I have games on steam that have been sitting there unused for 6 or 7 years, but if I get a wild hair I can reload it and play it if I want. I bought Crysis from EA a few years ago and it only had a 2 year reload window. That is the only thing that really puts me off with EA. I don't want to buy anything that has a time limit attached to it. I just as soon go without it. So, I will purchase MW3 from Steam and EA can play with themselves.
CoSWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-11, 09:18 AM   #46
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

My Origin says I have both booster packs for BF2 available for download now. How many years has it been since they came out? because I bought both of them on day one launch, and it would throw that whole 2 year thing out the window.

Evga x58 LE
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

Old 10-30-11, 02:22 PM   #47
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

It's a shame Origin is spyware, bad move on EA's part there.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-11, 03:45 PM   #48
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID View Post
Not having BF3 on Steam might have cost EA 5-10k sales, tops. If you honestly think half a million people didn't buy BF3 because it wasn't on their preferred dd service there is no hope for you.

Lastly, both games will sell huge amounts and be very successful. Battlefield 3 has shipped 10 million copies, and stores are already ordering new stock. We all know MW3 will do good on consoles, not so good on pc though.

Pointless stupid thread is pointless and stupid.
I'll agree with this to an extent. I don't think that MW3 will outsell BF3 on the PC, especially since BF3 is the "almighty savior" game for the "Master race" PC gamers. (I kid, I kid ) However, I think everyone might be in for a surprise come November 8th, even myself. CoD, IMO, is the most popular FPS game on any platform in ever since CoD4 came out.

And not everyone who games on a console is 12. Would be nice to see some people around here act like they were older than that though.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote