Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-30-11, 05:29 PM   #2413
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
No, DICE and EA are rolling in a ton of money because of it but clearly you being the business man of the year think they're stupid.
Oh, you're right. They are rolling in the money because they have everything running through Origin and a Web UI, not because of the fact that someone actually made a game with PC in mind.

I'm just saying that not using Steam was a huge mistake. Plus the web UI IMO is retarded. But again, just my opinion. Not like it really matters around here lol.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-11, 05:43 PM   #2414
Roliath
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

this thread needs to be cleaned up of its nonsense.

and six, seriously man. wtf happened when you got that mac and 360?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-11, 05:45 PM   #2415
bob saget
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Vancouver, originally Russia
Posts: 23,133
Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

imo, 32 players works so much better than 64 in 99% of the maps. Caspian is maybe the only one where it is tolerable.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-11, 05:48 PM   #2416
mojoman0
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: California
Posts: 3,566
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

yea ive been playing 48's. they made the maps big but they stuck all the flags close together negating the importance of 64 man servers.
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-11, 05:49 PM   #2417
wysiwyg
Registered User
 
wysiwyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,991
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Battlelog is such a POS!
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-11, 05:54 PM   #2418
mojoman0
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: California
Posts: 3,566
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

i think battlelog is extremely well done. Prolly be better if it were optional but damn its pretty fluent and efficient at what it does. >150,000 concurrent PC users right now. holy smokes thats more than both CS combined. That is a massive launch and way more than the peak COD game I've ever seen

http://bf3stats.com/
http://battletracker.com/

and the good old stats site from bf2

http://bf3s.com
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-11, 06:03 PM   #2419
bob saget
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Vancouver, originally Russia
Posts: 23,133
Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

i personally have had 0 issues with origin and battlelog. The game just sometimes randomly CTDs, but thats not because of origin or battlelog.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-11, 06:21 PM   #2420
v3rninater
Blowin up since 1969
 
v3rninater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,095
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElL33t View Post
What hooplah for sp game? . It has all been about the multiplayer aprt. BF has NEVER been known for sp.



This is stupid.



Oh geeze shut up. There is nothing wrong with Origin. You just have a conflict with your system. Find out what it is and then you are good to go. All this vagina slobbering is annoying.
You're wrong, and no I won't shut up, I guess you guys like clunky software that shows how rushed this interface was. Thought this was a multi-million dollar company?? Oh and Beta FOR THE LOSE, beta on a release????

Sean, you're wrong as well, having to use a web browser to look at my game information, half the time origin doesn't launch my game. Why is this so freakin hard, I would take the BC2 interface in heart beat compared to this crap.
__________________
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.4ghz 1600fsb || Gigabyte P45 EP45-UD3R stable as a rooock! || 4gb G-Skill DDR2 PC8500 5-5-5-15 || EVGA 580-GTX 1.5gb || Creative Fatal1ty Xram Sound Card 7.1 ||G-Skill Phoenix Pro SSD 120gb|| WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || 2x Samsung DVD burner 16x DVD+\- || Corsair 620watt PSU
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit (640gb hd)

AMD Phenom II X6 T1090 || Gigabyte GA880 || 4gb G-skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 || MSI 8800 Ultra o/c || WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || ASUS DVD Burner || XFX 750 watt PSU

LG 60" 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV 60PS11
Xbox 360
v3rninater is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-30-11, 07:41 PM   #2421
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roliath View Post
this thread needs to be cleaned up of its nonsense.

and six, seriously man. wtf happened when you got that mac and 360?
So posting one's opinion around here is frowned upon? I'm not trying to troll, just stating my opinion. And IMO, the Web UI idea is crap.

I'll definitely be buying this game after MW3 comes out, so it's not like I'm anti-BF3. I just know that if I were still PC gaming and bought BF3, I would still be ticked that 1)It's not in Steam and 2)I'd have to use another client to play. Lametown.

AGAIN, JUST MY OPINION. Don't get your panties in a wad guys.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-11, 07:59 PM   #2422
Sean_W
Registered User
 
Sean_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,423
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Nobody said it was perfect, nether is Steam. People will like Battlelog, some people won't but I think it's a nice way to free up in-game server browser development into something that can give a lot more information.

Some of you people have memory loss about your favourite game or software when it was launched, and call much younger software a POS. You guys should spend less time bashing clients and software, using the high ground of mature patched software.

six-storm

I don't know why you even bother commenting in the PC forum, you've clearly made your views clear you don't like PC gaming anymore, so just GTFO here into the console forum then. BF3 is good for PC gaming, probably better than Crysis did because it's just better optimised and balanced all round.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-11, 08:12 PM   #2423
Ninja Prime
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,263
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Yeah dude, it uses so much CPU time that origin has used 1minute and 55 seconds in the 24 hours it has been open. You're a smart one.
I guess while you were being a rocket scientist you didn't notice that its not just Origin, it opens the battlelog browser, because thats how you find games. I guess you didn't notice that it takes 80mb RAM and a much larger chunk of proc time than you stated. I guess having a lot of money to waste on PC components doesn't make you smart...
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-11, 08:23 PM   #2424
v3rninater
Blowin up since 1969
 
v3rninater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,095
Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Nobody said it was perfect, nether is Steam. People will like Battlelog, some people won't but I think it's a nice way to free up in-game server browser development into something that can give a lot more information.

Some of you people have memory loss about your favourite game or software when it was launched, and call much younger software a POS. You guys should spend less time bashing clients and software, using the high ground of mature patched software.

six-storm

I don't know why you even bother commenting in the PC forum, you've clearly made your views clear you don't like PC gaming anymore, so just GTFO here into the console forum then. BF3 is good for PC gaming, probably better than Crysis did because it's just better optimised and balanced all round.
I agree with you about BF3 being good for the PC community, it's actually not bad as far as bugs go either, so they did do a decent job there. Overall I like the game, it's definitely something I do enjoy now, so it's not like I hate the game. I hate the overly rough process of trying to install or play the game.

And yes, Steam was a pita back in the day for somethings, but it turned out to really help PC gaming a ton. Now it's more robust and efficient, I love Steam and hope it thrives.
__________________
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.4ghz 1600fsb || Gigabyte P45 EP45-UD3R stable as a rooock! || 4gb G-Skill DDR2 PC8500 5-5-5-15 || EVGA 580-GTX 1.5gb || Creative Fatal1ty Xram Sound Card 7.1 ||G-Skill Phoenix Pro SSD 120gb|| WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || 2x Samsung DVD burner 16x DVD+\- || Corsair 620watt PSU
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit (640gb hd)

AMD Phenom II X6 T1090 || Gigabyte GA880 || 4gb G-skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 || MSI 8800 Ultra o/c || WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || ASUS DVD Burner || XFX 750 watt PSU

LG 60" 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV 60PS11
Xbox 360
v3rninater is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.