Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-30-11, 08:24 PM   #2425
Sean_W

Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
I guess while you were being a rocket scientist you didn't notice that its not just Origin, it opens the battlelog browser, because thats how you find games. I guess you didn't notice that it takes 80mb RAM and a much larger chunk of proc time than you stated. I guess having a lot of money to waste on PC components doesn't make you smart...
I guess you didn't notice there is no server browser in-game, hogging CPU time and memory either. Plenty of people complained about server browsers in the past and apparently BFBC2 was a POS when it came out, so BF3 is 10x better in that respect.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-11, 08:25 PM   #2426
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
six-storm

I don't know why you even bother commenting in the PC forum, you've clearly made your views clear you don't like PC gaming anymore, so just GTFO here into the console forum then. BF3 is good for PC gaming, probably better than Crysis did because it's just better optimised and balanced all round.
Fair enough, but that isn't going to shut me out from stating my opinion, regardless of platform. Again, I'll own the 360 version one day and I'll be able to talk more about the game itself. I'm glad that PC gamers got a game that was tailored to them. It's about time!

Back on topic, I finally got a friend who bought the game and he said that SP and MP are great, regardless of the fact the servers have had some issues the past week. Looking forward to getting a copy sometime in another two or three months.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-11, 08:27 PM   #2427
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
I guess while you were being a rocket scientist you didn't notice that its not just Origin, it opens the battlelog browser, because thats how you find games. I guess you didn't notice that it takes 80mb RAM and a much larger chunk of proc time than you stated. I guess having a lot of money to waste on PC components doesn't make you smart...
Battlelog browser? You must mean your web browser... Because holy ****, the 5 seconds of cpu time that battlelog chrome tab used while playing 2 hours of bf3 is atrocious.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-11, 08:47 PM   #2428
Bah!

Quote:
Even if this were true, which is isn't, are you really going to bitch about 80mb of ram and a few CPU cycles with what the average PC is capable of these days?

For the record it's using 71mb on my computer, which is 12mb more than Steam does on the same system.

Seriously, 12mb is nothing, it's less than nothing. 12mb will make zero difference in the way a modern PC runs. In fact, I could have 1000 processes running and using that much memory and it wouldn't effect my PC performance at all.

If you are really having issues with the extra 10-15mb that Origin uses you need a better computer. Otherwise you are just bitching for no reason.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-11, 08:57 PM   #2429
Roliath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
Otherwise you are just bitching for no reason.
ding ding ding
Old 10-30-11, 09:18 PM   #2430
JasonPC

Let me chime in that I really like the web-based server browser, and I was a huge skeptic during the alpha/beta. I think it's one of the best moves DICE has made in a long time. They don't exactly have a history of launching a game with a decent server browser and while battlelog isn't perfect, it's a hell of a lot better than browsers of the past. Anyone remember how terrible the BC2 server browser was when the game launched? Heck in the very beginning it didn't even work and you had to use the matchmaking. They need to add the ping and then I'll be a happy camper. I'm sure it's on the way. My only issue with the game is the lag, which seems to be getting better as servers adjust the load and the drivers, which will improve over time.
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-11, 09:50 PM   #2431
Rummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
FINALLY got my first kill in a jet. Only 2 more to unlock flares so i dont get vaporized as soon as I take off...
Nice job Bob.
Rummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-11, 10:30 PM   #2432
Greedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
i personally have had 0 issues with origin and battlelog. The game just sometimes randomly CTDs, but thats not because of origin or battlelog.
quit being so easy to please, saget.
Greedo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-30-11, 10:36 PM   #2433
Roliath

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPC View Post
Let me chime in that I really like the web-based server browser, and I was a huge skeptic during the alpha/beta. I think it's one of the best moves DICE has made in a long time. They don't exactly have a history of launching a game with a decent server browser and while battlelog isn't perfect, it's a hell of a lot better than browsers of the past. Anyone remember how terrible the BC2 server browser was when the game launched? Heck in the very beginning it didn't even work and you had to use the matchmaking. They need to add the ping and then I'll be a happy camper. I'm sure it's on the way. My only issue with the game is the lag, which seems to be getting better as servers adjust the load and the drivers, which will improve over time.
battlelog has ping listed on the servers
Old 10-30-11, 10:37 PM   #2434
Rummy

BF3 performance graphs.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...-goodness.html
Rummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 12:15 AM   #2435
Muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roliath View Post
battlelog has ping listed on the servers
That must have only just come in. I haven't seen any Pings in that column since first playing the game.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 12:23 AM   #2436
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
That must have only just come in. I haven't seen any Pings in that column since first playing the game.
It's been there since day 1 for me.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote