Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-31-11, 11:22 AM   #2461
ElL33t
Brobama

Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roliath View Post
Can we get some modding done in this thread, no one wants to hear about Ninja's issues when he doesn't even play the game. If you don't like it, than this game is not for you then. All it does is clutter the thread for people here who are actually playing and enjoying it. Other than acting like a troll and inciting arguments, you have not provided anything useful.
That is what I wanted to know. If he doesn't play the game and doesn't intend to, then STFU! Why does he even care other than being insecure.
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 11:23 AM   #2462
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post
i have the game and dont like battlelog
May i ask why ?
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 11:25 AM   #2463
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee63 View Post
I've been messing around with the AA over the weekend and found that 2xAA + low FXAA looks and runs the best for me.

FXAA on high just take away the crispness/sharpness of the image...don't get me wrong its a great feature but having it on high makes some objects in the image blurry.

I think a combanation of both with FXAA on medium to low is the best way to go...so post your AA settings, I'm interested to see what you guys think.

FXAA..trees look blurry.

Normal 4xAA big performance hit
2xAA and low FXAA are the settings i use. Best for performance and visual ratio with my rig.
Old 10-31-11, 11:46 AM   #2464
de><ta
prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
2xAA and low FXAA are the settings i use. Best for performance and visual ratio with my rig.
What FPS are you getting?

///m-powered | Intel i7 920 | EVGA x58 | 6GB DD3 1600 | EVGA GTX 285 SSC | 150GB VelociRaptor

Drag racing is for fast cars. Autocrossing is for fast drivers.
de><ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 11:50 AM   #2465
Roliath

Quote:
May i ask why ?
I for one, love Battlelog and its stats tracking. The main reason that I love battlelog is that I can be browsing the net and if I get the urge to play BF3 all I gotta do it go to the Battlelog site. Once i'm there I can see if my friends are playing, check out how populated my favorite servers, are and if I get the urge to play I simply hit join server. Keep in mind i'm doing all this without even launching the game! The entire process from me selecting join server to playing the game is completely automated, origin launches, signs me in, and I am dropped into the server.

Its quick, easy, and simple to use. I don't use the voice chat or party functions, we coordinate that through Vent.
Old 10-31-11, 11:52 AM   #2466
wysiwyg

Quote:
May i ask why ?
whenever i try and join a server its always full by the time it tries to connect to the game, it also gets stuck on joining server without launching the game itself. etc
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 12:00 PM   #2467
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
whenever i try and join a server its always full by the time it tries to connect to the game, it also gets stuck on joining server without launching the game itself. etc
Being full happens in all games. The server list finishes it search and by the time you click on it, someone has gotten in there. In TF2, you don't know if it's full until you launch the server and it tells you its full. BF3's way is better because it updates just as you click on it once.

It isn't stuck joining the server with out launching. It launches the game when it loads the level. Then if you have the box check to go to the game automatically it will pop the game up. I've never had an issue with that.

Quote:
I for one, love Battlelog and its stats tracking. The main reason that I love battlelog is that I can be browsing the net and if I get the urge to play BF3 all I gotta do it go to the Battlelog site. Once i'm there I can see if my friends are playing, check out how populated my favorite servers, are and if I get the urge to play I simply hit join server. Keep in mind i'm doing all this without even launching the game! The entire process from me selecting join server to playing the game is completely automated, origin launches, signs me in, and I am dropped into the server.

Its quick, easy, and simple to use. I don't use the voice chat or party functions, we coordinate that through Vent.
Exactly! This is what makes it so brilliant. You don't have to be in the game to get to the servers.

I also LOVE being in a party in battlelog, then one of us joins the whole party in a server that has room and we all get in the game at the same time and in the same squad. It couldn't be any more slick than it is. It is so much better than any other way of playing a online game. I think all PC online games like this will eventually move to this method.
Old 10-31-11, 12:13 PM   #2468
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Yeah you guys are right, battlelog and origin are both awesome, and no one disagrees with you. Or...

http://www.penny-arcade.com/

Hmm...

http://www.destructoid.com/review-ba...3-214537.phtml

Yeah.
Do you want me to quote two people saying how much they like it now? What do those quotes prove, other than the fact that the first quote is a flat out fallacy, it's not universally reviled, and the second quote just shows how inept the people at Destructoid are.

And I like how your bitching is constantly changing form. First it's how horrible the game runs, then it's whining over 80gb and now it's the "I'm not the only one defense".

Awful lot of teen angst going on over a product you don't even own.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-31-11, 12:22 PM   #2469
v3rninater
Blowin up since 1969

Wow, people, some of us have some issues, some don't, and those who think it's the diamond in rough think that the people with legitimate issues are wrong and are dumb.

WTG on the people are dumb thing, hey dude, there's going to be issues even if you think this the best stuff out there.

There's multiple people in here that have the game and are not happy with battlelog, so don't say I'm dumb and that my computer came from wal-mart. You have no idea do you, just like to call people out and hide behind your monitor.

Have fun being the w1nn3r of teh 1nt3rn3tzzz...cause in the real world, people don't always agree with you.
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.4ghz 1600fsb || Gigabyte P45 EP45-UD3R stable as a rooock! || 4gb G-Skill DDR2 PC8500 5-5-5-15 || EVGA 580-GTX 1.5gb || Creative Fatal1ty Xram Sound Card 7.1 ||G-Skill Phoenix Pro SSD 120gb|| WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || 2x Samsung DVD burner 16x DVD+\- || Corsair 620watt PSU
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit (640gb hd)

AMD Phenom II X6 T1090 || Gigabyte GA880 || 4gb G-skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 || MSI 8800 Ultra o/c || WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || ASUS DVD Burner || XFX 750 watt PSU

LG 60" 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV 60PS11
Xbox 360
v3rninater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 12:24 PM   #2470
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
Do you want me to quote two people saying how much they like it now? What do those quotes prove, other than the fact that the first quote is a flat out fallacy, it's not universally reviled, and the second quote just shows how inept the people at Destructoid are.

And I like how your bitching is constantly changing form. First it's how horrible the game runs, then it's whining over 80gb and now it's the "I'm not the only one defense".

Awful lot of teen angst going on over a product you don't even own.
you can quote me.
Old 10-31-11, 12:50 PM   #2471
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3rninater View Post
Wow, people, some of us have some issues, some don't, and those who think it's the diamond in rough think that the people with legitimate issues are wrong and are dumb.

WTG on the people are dumb thing, hey dude, there's going to be issues even if you think this the best stuff out there.

There's multiple people in here that have the game and are not happy with battlelog, so don't say I'm dumb and that my computer came from wal-mart. You have no idea do you, just like to call people out and hide behind your monitor.

Have fun being the w1nn3r of teh 1nt3rn3tzzz...cause in the real world, people don't always agree with you.
I too have problems atm with BF3 being the 285 driver series and stuttering. It's been a week since release and no patches have been released yet, i know that eventually my problem will be fixed but at the end of the day there are many configurations of PC that EA/DICE need to get the game right for...It's a lot easier to do that on the now ancient 360 and PS3 as they are the same hardware configuration for each platform. Theres still no need to be hatin on the game because it isn't working right...post your problems you have and maybe someone will help you if you didn't come accross with all the negativity spoilt little schoolboy attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by de><ta View Post
What FPS are you getting?
I have medium settings on everything and ambient occlusion off 2xAA and low FXAA. Getting between 40 and 50 fps.

Quote:

Exactly, When i played BFBC2 and BF2 i used bf2stats, with battlelog i no longer have to do that. Almost everything i need is there and its all very convenient as you say.

Quote:
Try ticking the box that says 5+ players then all servers shown will have 5 or more spaces available giving you time to press 'join server'. But still, there no need to be hatin on battlelog, it does what it does well and thats what it is intended for...Didn't you remember the problems with BFBC2 ingame browser ?
Old 10-31-11, 12:56 PM   #2472
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3rninater View Post

I would like to help you. I just got annoyed by you crying it is the worst POS ever. I understand that is frustration speaking but man just ask for help. I don't think you are dumb. I know you know how to use a computer. You came across as such a poopy pants that, I had to rib you a little. That is why I put my smilies in there. None of it was serious. I was using every cliche I could think of that people say when their stuff is working right and someone elses isn't working right.

Believe it or not, I was researching your problem Saturday and didn't find much.