Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-31-11, 01:37 PM   #2473
Buenamos

Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee63 View Post
I've been messing around with the AA over the weekend and found that 2xAA + low FXAA looks and runs the best for me.

FXAA on high just take away the crispness/sharpness of the image...don't get me wrong its a great feature but having it on high makes some objects in the image blurry.

I think a combanation of both with FXAA on medium to low is the best way to go...so post your AA settings, I'm interested to see what you guys think.

FXAA..trees look blurry.

Normal 4xAA big performance hit
I think the FXAA actually looks better. For instance, you can visually see aliasing on the mountain tops in the background with the 4xAA.
Gaming PC: KOOLANCE PC3-410BK / SILVERSTONE ST70F 700W Modular / Q6600 G0 @ 3.2 / Swiftech Apogee GT Block /Asus P5Q Pro / 2x2gb 1066 G-Skill / EVGA GTX570 / 2 x Asus VH242 1080p monitors / Audigy Xi-Fi Platinum / Seagate 160gb HDD / Seagate 500gb HDD

Laptop: Inspiron 1520 15.4" LCD/ Intel Core 2 Duo 7300 (2ghz) / 2 gb RAM / 8600m GT / 80gb HDD / N Wireless / Blue Tooth

Media Center: AMD 4400+ / 2 gb OCZ Platinum / EVGA 9800gt / Audigty 2ZS / 42" LG 1080p 120hz / 3 x 1.5tb HDDs

Xbox 360 / Wii
Buenamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 01:47 PM   #2474
ElL33t
Brobama

I'd rather play the game than worry bout jaggies....
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 01:53 PM   #2475
lee63
Classified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buenamos View Post
I think the FXAA actually looks better. For instance, you can visually see aliasing on the mountain tops in the background with the 4xAA.
Your right, I didn't even look at the mountains.
Old 10-31-11, 02:14 PM   #2476
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Do you own the game and have you been playing it?
Quote:
Can we get some modding done in this thread, no one wants to hear about Ninja's issues when he doesn't even play the game.
Quote:
I can't believe there are still trolls in here bitching about the features of a game they haven't even got.
Quote:
Awful lot of teen angst going on over a product you don't even own.
So morons, since you don't know how to read, and don't have two brain cells to rub together between the 4 of you, let me quote myself for you:

Quote:
Theres some nice ones, and then theres the ones that just piss you off royal. Those maps like metro and the other one I cant remember, where you all get funneled down these little corridors. Those are so unfun. One idiot camping with a LMG with a bipod can mow down 10 to 1 with little to no chance of the 10 killing him.
So, tell me, if I don't have the game, what was I saying here? You 4 can go jack each other off again about how even though every gaming website in the world is going on about how battlelog sucks, you guys think its great. Because you're exactly the type of vapid sucker EA is looking to sell these "features" to.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 02:22 PM   #2477
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
So morons, since you don't know how to read, and don't have two brain cells to rub together between the 4 of you, let me quote myself for you:

So, tell me, if I don't have the game, what was I saying here? You 4 can go jack each other off again about how even though every gaming website in the world is going on about how battlelog sucks, you guys think its great. Because you're exactly the type of vapid sucker EA is looking to sell these "features" to.

I asked you if you had it. I didn't know, since I don't read most of your posts. All you had to do is answer the question.

Why don't you get in your car and drive away from here, ok.
Old 10-31-11, 02:32 PM   #2478
Roliath

Quote:

link to your battlelog please.
Old 10-31-11, 02:36 PM   #2479
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roliath View Post
Can we get some modding done in this thread.
HALP! HALP! Someone on the internet has a different opinion than me, someone plz delete it before I have to read it and it bruises my fragile little ego!
Old 10-31-11, 02:37 PM   #2480
Roliath

Quote:
HALP! HALP! Someone on the internet has a different opinion than me, someone plz delete it before I have to read it and it bruises my fragile little ego!
I asked for it since you can't seem to have a logical argument, but you continue to qq and bitch and moan about it like a child.

Old 10-31-11, 02:39 PM   #2481
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roliath View Post
link to your battlelog please.
Link yours, I'm pretty sure from your posts that you don't have this game.
Old 10-31-11, 02:51 PM   #2482
ElL33t
Brobama

I'll link mine when I get home. I am a spectacularly average player.
Old 10-31-11, 02:56 PM   #2483
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElL33t View Post
I'll link mine when I get home. I am a spectacularly average player.
I haven't been doing too well either, I blame everyone else though.
Old 10-31-11, 03:01 PM   #2484
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
I haven't been doing too well either, I blame everyone else though.
It's a great game. It has its bugs but they will be worked out. BF2 had way more bugs. You couldn't even tell if you hit the person with out the blood mod.

I am a huge BF fan but have never liked their actual program. It is traditionally bloated, slow and buggy. I still play it because the basic game is fantastic. DICE is just horrible at writing programs. This time however they got the server ui right. It simply is not consolized... you know being in a web browser an all.

Here, you guys can look me up. Below is my BF3 game tag. I have a VERY low accuracy because I unload my clip when ever I get the chance. You know shooting in the air and at tankers that blow up. Yeah, I like doing that stupid stuff.

Acmeexplosives