Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-02-11, 08:13 AM   #2557
lee63
Classified

Default Re: Official Battlefield 3 Thread

Is there away to turn off the cross-hair...its pointless and annoying.
Old 11-02-11, 08:33 AM   #2558
Yaboze

They should just put a LED flashlight on every gun.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-11, 09:28 AM   #2559
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
So are the flash lights still the most arcadey thing ever, like in the alpha? Where even if you're in broad daylight, seeing a flashlight from 19 miles away blinds you as if you were looking at God?
Yeah the game makers sure liked their flashlights, didn't they? Way overdone and completely un-realistic like a few other things game makers love like Bloom and Blur. When they come up with an effect that they think the kids will love, it's on from there. Sometimes what the game makers intend is not always a good thing.
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-11, 09:32 AM   #2560
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow_Nest View Post
ROFL

Look with your head, not with the jet.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-11, 09:38 AM   #2561
Sean_W

Now that's just one reason to buy BF3.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-11, 09:49 AM   #2562
RollinThundr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Yeah, I understand the mechanic, but they implemented it so fake. Flashlights that blind you in the broad daylight, sniper scopes that reflect a shiny spot at night, lazers that blind you like they are cone when they are a narrow beam, ect, ect, ect. For being a realism simulator they have a lot of fake stuff going on.
Actually there are military grade flash lights that can blind in broad day light. But hey feel free to troll about something you are clueless about. Well done.
RollinThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-11, 10:41 AM   #2563
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollinThundr View Post
Actually there are military grade flash lights that can blind in broad day light. But hey feel free to troll about something you are clueless about. Well done.
Don't worry about it, he's just trying to find any little thing to troll about the game. The best thing he can do is get a refund and go and play Mario.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-11, 10:45 AM   #2564
ViN86

His point regarding sniper scope reflections in pitch black is still accurate.

He makes good points, but they're not game breakers imo.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-11, 10:55 AM   #2565
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Yeah, I understand the mechanic, but they implemented it so fake. Flashlights that blind you in the broad daylight, sniper scopes that reflect a shiny spot at night, lazers that blind you like they are cone when they are a narrow beam, ect, ect, ect. For being a realism simulator they have a lot of fake stuff going on.
I HATE the flashlights. Half the time my own team is blinding me. The other half you have morons that think it gives them an advantage by blinding you. I kill far more of them who try to blind me than they kill me. It is just another stupid idea morons use as an advantage. It is kind of like jumping in MOH or COD. It really doesn't do anything but people still jump around like jackasses because they are reactionary twits who just copy what other morons are doing. This is why I LOVE games with jump delays on landing. It keeps people from being morons in front of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
His point regarding sniper scope reflections in pitch black is still accurate.

He makes good points, but they're not game breakers imo.
Nah it isn't a game breaker. It just added to a long list of annoying crap I hate about gamers.
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-11, 11:32 AM   #2566
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

how do you enable free look in the jets? that would help me so much in dogfights.....
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-11, 11:59 AM   #2567
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
how do you enable free look in the jets? that would help me so much in dogfights.....
I think you press and hold the right mouse button and use it to look around the ****pit, just like the helicopters. Havent tried it out, but it works for the helicopters.

EDIT: Damn forum censored out the c*ockpit
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-11, 12:38 PM   #2568
Phyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElL33t View Post
I HATE the flashlights. Half the time my own team is blinding me. The other half you have morons that think it gives them an advantage by blinding you. I kill far more of them who try to blind me than they kill me. It is just another stupid idea morons use as an advantage. It is kind of like jumping in MOH or COD. It really doesn't do anything but people still jump around like jackasses because they are reactionary twits who just copy what other morons are doing. This is why I LOVE games with jump delays on landing. It keeps people from being morons in front of me.
True story:

I had an instructor (either Tom Givens or Louis Awerbuck) who relayed an interesting flashlight story. An officer was approaching a suspect with weapon drawing and flashlight on. He was using an FBI hold for his flashlight, i.e. pistol in strong hand; flashlight in weak hand raised above his head. During the exchange of fire, the bad guy shot for the light. The bullet went clean through the flashlight housing.

Good stuff.
Phyre is offline   Reply With Quote