Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-11, 01:05 PM   #1
Sean_W

Thumbs down DICE: Lead Developement of BF3 Switched To Consoles.

Quote:
Battlefield 3's lead development platform "switched" to consoles in mid-production, DICE GM Karl-Magnus Troedsson has confirmed.

The DICE boss shared the news in the latest issue of PSM3, where he revealed that despite Battlefield 3 looking very much like a shooter designed for advanced PC hardware, the latter stages of Battlefield 3's construction lead on PS3 and Xbox 360 in order to meet release on time.

"We said originally that the PC was the lead SKU of the game, but in mid-production we switched to console as lead platform to make sure we could get all the versions done for release," Troedsson confirmed.
Source
Old 11-02-11, 01:24 PM   #2
mojoman0

Default Re: DICE: Lead Developement of BF3 Switched To Consoles.

yea play it before you judge. The technical aspects of the game are obviously PC developed while things like the user interface, joystick support, and close flag placement have console influence. The commo rose and such were put on the back burner to get the game finished. Some of this will be improved in patches as DICE have already stated.
Old 11-02-11, 01:26 PM   #3
ElL33t
Brobama

I fail to see how this is relevant at all. The game is damn fantastic.

This crying from PC gamers about consoles is F ing annoying STFU about consoles already. Go touch a boob.
I am the #1 Obama supporter
Old 11-02-11, 01:37 PM   #4
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElL33t View Post

This crying from PC gamers about consoles is F ing annoying STFU about consoles already. Go touch a boob.
Old 11-02-11, 01:37 PM   #5
Sean_W

Quote:

Who's crying?

It's relevant because DICE lied. It's not about consoles, it's about saying that lead development was on the PC, when it wasn't. Johan Andersson said they were using the PC as a lead platform at the GeForce LAN no less than 3 weeks ago.
Old 11-02-11, 01:47 PM   #6
ryoohki

Off course they did, once the features are set, they have to bring the game to console. Console is were the money is right now, so once the PC version was 'complete' in feature set, switch to console to make it fit. I mean it look like crap on console, it use the LOW SETTING on PC as equivalent.

I mean please stop moaning, who cares at the end. Do it use you're 2000$ hardware? Yes, does it look very very good, YES probably the best graphics i've seen in years on PC. Sometime in COOP mode i just can't believe it..
Old 11-02-11, 01:51 PM   #7
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Who's crying?

It's relevant because DICE lied. It's not about consoles, it's about saying that lead development was on the PC, when it wasn't. Johan Andersson said they were using the PC as a lead platform at the GeForce LAN no less than 3 weeks ago.
You are right they lied, want I should go rough em up a bit?

It was the lead. They started doing PC first then they switched. They didn't lie at all. Next he will say New Coke tastes better than original Coke.

I get a kick out of you guys. You take this stuff seriously. This stuff is meaningless.

Johan Andersson, if I EVER SEE that LYING BASTARD in game, I'm totally going to blow him up.

**UPDATE**

I just go Johan Andersson's dog tags. The world is a safer and better place nao.
Old 11-02-11, 01:55 PM   #8
Sean_W

Don't shoot there messenger, you guys are as bad as the people who moan because you make assumptions about the person who posted the thread, rather than actually making worth while posts.

If you have nothing worth while to say, GTFO out the thread, trolls.

Old 11-02-11, 01:56 PM   #9
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoohki View Post
Off course they did, once the features are set, they have to bring the game to console. Console is were the money is right now, so once the PC version was 'complete' in feature set, switch to console to make it fit. I mean it look like crap on console, it use the LOW SETTING on PC as equivalent.

I mean please stop moaning, who cares at the end. Do it use you're 2000$ hardware? Yes, does it look very very good, YES probably the best graphics i've seen in years on PC. Sometime in COOP mode i just can't believe it..
It looks ok on the console. Not too bad. It looks amazing on our PCs and it runs so smoothly. They did a great job. I hope they switch half way through their next game as well.
Old 11-02-11, 01:57 PM   #10
Sean_W

Quote:
You are right they lied, want I should go rough em up a bit?

It was the lead. They started doing PC first then they switched. They didn't lie at all. Next he will say New Coke tastes better than original Coke.

I get a kick out of you guys. You take this stuff seriously. This stuff is meaningless.

Johan Andersson, if I EVER SEE that LYING BASTARD in game, I'm totally going to blow him up.

**UPDATE**

I just go Johan Andersson's dog tags. The world is a safer and better place nao.
Yeah, I'm sure you love people who lie to you, now goodbye troll.
Old 11-02-11, 01:58 PM   #11
ViN86

Umm, this has nothing to do with PC vs. console. I think he's basically saying that the majority of development switched to consoles to meet the release date. It doesn't mean that material was necessarily ported to PC from console dev kits...

Even if it was, who gives a ****. It was probably all the garbage like menus and what not. Because if you look at the textures and the game engine, there's nothing "console" about it.
Old 11-02-11, 01:58 PM   #12
Sean_W

Quote:
It looks ok on the console. Not too bad. It looks amazing on our PCs and it runs so smoothly. They did a great job. I hope they switch half way through their next game as well.
Out of context, didn't say it wasn't good on the PC but like all your posts up to now in here, they are irrelevant so stop posting useless crap.
Closed Thread