Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-11, 02:25 PM   #25
sillyeagle
sillyego

Default Re: DICE: Lead Developement of BF3 Switched To Consoles.

ElLeet, why are you provoking? That's the same as trolling. I mean seriously, you've made you point like six times over two pages. All the guy did was post some info, and suddenly you're posting stuff to piss him off. He didn't even comment on the info, just posted an emoticon to go with it. Why not keep that kind of posting in the P&R forum? I'm sure you know people are tired of the all the trolling these days, yet you are the first to feed into it.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 11-02-11, 02:26 PM   #26
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Making assumptions again I see. Just stop being retarded, that's all I ask of you. Also, you're taking this thread way too seriously, go get a coffee or something and calm down.

Did you even read everything you quoted from me?

The cow is you. The hand is me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle View Post
ElLeet, why are you provoking? That's the same as trolling. I mean seriously, you've made you point like six times over two pages. All the guy did was post some info, and suddenly you're posting stuff to piss him off. He didn't even comment on the info, just posted an emoticon to go with it. Why not keep that kind of posting in the P&R forum? I'm sure you know people are tired of the all the trolling these days, yet you are the first to feed into it.
You shouldn't be surfing the web at your new job.

He did comment on the info. It is in his first post and later what I pushed out of him was what we all knew to be true. This is just another thread crying about consoles. DICE didn't lie and he has no point.
I am the #1 Obama supporter
Old 11-02-11, 02:31 PM   #27
Sean_W

I like BF3 and I've consistently said positive things about BF3(see the BF3 thread), I just don't like the idea of being lied to. It probably was a PR stunt anyway at GeForce LAN.
Old 11-02-11, 02:33 PM   #28
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
I like BF3 and I've consistently said positive things about BF3(see the BF3 thread), I just don't like the idea of being lied to. It probably was a PR stunt anyway at GeForce LAN.
That is the thing and why I am giving you such a hard time. They didn't lie. They started out with PC then switched to consoles because at some point they need to switch to consoles because they have a contract to release it on consoles.
Old 11-02-11, 02:35 PM   #29
Sean_W

So you don't know what "lead platform" is then? The guy from DICE said the PC was the lead platform 3 weeks ago and now we learn it wasn't, so yes, he was lying by saying such words at GeForce LAN.

Noticed there is no 'was' lead platform.
Old 11-02-11, 02:39 PM   #30
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
So you don't know what "lead platform" is then? The guy from DICE said the PC was the lead platform 3 weeks ago and now we learn it wasn't, so yes, he was lying by saying such words at GeForce LAN.
What platform did they lead with? Did he say they lead with PC or console? He said they lead with PC. Then they switched half way through to consoles. Now they switched half way through to consoles so that would make consoles second and from my understanding of the English language, second is not first and certainly not in the lead. I know of no race where the leader was in second place and being in second place won the race.

So yes I and we do know what lead platform is. It is the one which they lead with and that was PC. This isn't rocket science... or is it?

I promised Vin I would stop trolling you.... in this thread.

UDawg signing out.
Old 11-02-11, 02:41 PM   #31
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
But that's just the thing. What are they actually lying about? What does "lead development" mean? You seem to think it means that they made content for the consoles and ported it to PC's. To me, it seems more like they just spent more time on consoles just so they could meet the deadline.

I mean, apart from the menus and small parts of map design, there is nothing in this game that looks like a port from a console to me...

Quoted because apparently no one read it...
Old 11-02-11, 02:42 PM   #32
ViN86

Quote:

Noticed there is no 'was' lead platform.
Again, you're assuming that "lead" means they ported chunks of the game from console to PC. Please tell me, apart from what I listed, what looks like it's ported.

You're making a mountain out of a mole hill...

Old 11-02-11, 02:43 PM   #33
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElL33t View Post
What platform did they lead with? Did he say they lead with PC or console? He said they lead with PC. Then they switched half way through to consoles. Now they switched half way through to consoles so that would make consoles second and from my understanding of the English language, second is not first and certainly not in the lead. I know of no race where the leader was in second place and being in second place won the race.

So yes I and we do know what lead platform is. It is the one which they lead with and that was PC. This isn't rocket science... or is it?

So the PC was still lead platform three weeks ago then?
Old 11-02-11, 02:45 PM   #34
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
Again, you're assuming that "lead" means they ported chunks of the game from console to PC. Please tell me, apart from what I listed, what looks like it's ported.

I think the fact that you use a WEB BROWSER as your UI means it wasn't lead by console. Just a hunch.
Old 11-02-11, 02:47 PM   #35
Sean_W

Quote:

Again, if you look at the image which was taken from the GeForce LAN 3 weeks ago, you'll see that it's a lie. DICE just admitted that they switched lead platform "half way" during the development but then said at GeFGorce LAN that PC is lead development. There is a big difference between "is" and "was".
Old 11-02-11, 02:49 PM   #36
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:

So the PC was still lead platform three weeks ago then?
If they said it was and ALL PC based platform then yeah they would be lying because we know it was put on consoles. They didn't say that. They said and you just showed us that the lead platform was and is the PC.

Just curious what do you think "lead platform" means and what does "switched" to consoles in mid-production" mean? Which came first and which came second.
Closed Thread