Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-11, 05:47 PM   #73
ArrowMk84

Default Re: DICE: Lead Developement of BF3 Switched To Consoles.

You know, I can't believe the amount of bitching and moaning in this thread. PC was the lead platform for the game, but all that means is that it got first cut at design and implementation. The console version was always going to be a simultaneous release, and has a bigger target market. DICE/EA doesn't have infinite resources, so it's a simple fact of life that some compromises would have to made to get it to run on consoles.

If you want the bar raised, you've got raise the lowest common denominator, which is the console hardware. Until then, the best we as PC gamers can do is show our appreciation when we get something more than a damn console port. And BF3 does not look or feel anything like a port.
Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6GHz | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz 9-10-9-27 | Dual EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3GB | Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro PCI-E | Intel 510 Series SSD 120 GB | 2x Raptor 600 GB RAID | 2TB WD Black | Lite-On 21x Blu-ray Burner | Corsair AX1200 Modular PSU | Silverstone FT02 | Corsair H60 with Dual Fans | Dell 3007-HC 30" LCD | Audioengine 5 & S8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
Old 11-02-11, 05:47 PM   #74
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
Actually, this site has become less consolized and more PC oriented. There used to be a lot more console game talk and excitement over releases. Take a look at the console board, it's kinda dead.

Rage was the final nail for some. Very consolized and they admitted it. No way to set graphics options until we complained and id released a patch. There was talk of a high texture patch and that's not coming now. Then, BF3, a game were were told that the PC was the lead on, was switched to consoles. It just adds insult to injury.

We all know the PC can more and is more powerful, but that power doesn't show itself in that magnitude over 6 year old consoles.

Yup and it wont untill we see the next gen consoles. Also the reason the console section is dead is because most of them are in here trolling the PC gamers. Maybe MikeC could give us the sub forum for PC and let all the millions of so called console players use the main forum...ahhh wait i just realised, we havent even got a forum for PC gamers...ok nm
Old 11-02-11, 05:48 PM   #75
Yaboze

NM
Old 11-02-11, 05:49 PM   #76
jcrox
Mahna Mahna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
But that's just the thing. What are they actually lying about? What does "lead development" mean? You seem to think it means that they made content for the consoles and ported it to PC's. To me, it seems more like they just spent more time on consoles just so they could meet the deadline.

I mean, apart from the menus and small parts of map design, there is nothing in this game that looks like a port from a console to me...
This

Had they come out and said "See!!! This is how you make a game... PC all the way!!!" would anyone dispute that statement for any reason?

I doubt it.

The game looks great, the game runs great, and it's loads of fun.

/thread

Gaming

MSI MPower Z87 | 4770k | CNPS9900MAX-B | 8GB G.Skill 1866 | EVGA GTX760 |ThermalTake 850w | X-Fi Titanium | HAF | Asus PA248Q | Lycosa | Death Adder | Win8 Pro 64

Dev/Backup

MSI GD65 | 2500k | H50 | 8GB G.skill | GTX570 | Ubuntu 13.10

Laptop

17" Inspiron | i5 | 4GB DDR3 | 500GB HDD | Win7 Pro 64

Old 11-02-11, 05:54 PM   #77
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowMk84 View Post
You know, I can't believe the amount of bitching and moaning in this thread. PC was the lead platform for the game, but all that means is that it got first cut at design and implementation. The console version was always going to be a simultaneous release, and has a bigger target market. DICE/EA doesn't have infinite resources, so it's a simple fact of life that some compromises would have to made to get it to run on consoles.

If you want the bar raised, you've got raise the lowest common denominator, which is the console hardware. Until then, the best we as PC gamers can do is show our appreciation when we get something more than a damn console port. And BF3 does not look or feel anything like a port.
Correct it doesn't and comes closer to how BF should be than it has since 2142. Question is if it wasn't for PC gamers 'complaining' would we have even got BF3 or would we have settled for BFBC3 ?
Old 11-02-11, 05:55 PM   #78
Sean_W

Well, clearly Xbox360 users are too busy to install the high resolution texture pack that DICE made for them. Console users are not bothered about fidelity right?

DICE wasted their time but they didn't really because they just took the textures from the PC version.
Old 11-02-11, 05:58 PM   #79
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElL33t View Post
I fail to see how this is relevant at all. The game is damn fantastic.

This crying from PC gamers about consoles is F ing annoying STFU about consoles already. Go touch a boob.
*touches ElL33t*

Old 11-02-11, 06:01 PM   #80
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
*touches ElL33t*

I misread it and touched Bob...and he lurrrrved it.

Old 11-02-11, 06:03 PM   #81
Sean_W

This thread is not for the faint hearted guys so say what you want about the situation and let it all out.
Old 11-02-11, 06:04 PM   #82
Logical

Would BF3 had been so bad if it had been a console port and why?

BTW im getting MW3....*duck at incoming stones*
Old 11-02-11, 06:08 PM   #83
lee63
Classified

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElL33t View Post
I fail to see how this is relevant at all.
I agree, the game is awesome. Its has a lot less issues than BFBC2 and plenty of time to fix them...just my 2 cents
Old 11-02-11, 06:10 PM   #84
Sean_W

If it was a port it would have:

Crappy drawn distance.
Bad LOD.
No Advanced graphics options
No proper DX11 support.
Keyboard and mouse options would be an extra option which we would have to thank them 100 times for and sacrifice some virgins.
Low fidelity effects and textures
Closed Thread