Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-05-11, 09:07 PM   #13
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
Wow, you really turned into a console snob really quick. Enjoy playing with the other 12 year olds and their noob sticks. Hope you red ring launch day!
Not really bro, I just hate to tweak and tinker, therefore I don't want to read a 100+ page thread of tweaks, how good someone's framerate is, AA, AF, etc. Video games are a source of entertainment and fun, and CoD delivers. I rarely hear about the fun factor of games anymore due to all the benchmarking going on.

Funny you should mention 12 year olds. I tried for years getting my coworkers and friends on the PC bandwagon and they simply wouldn't budge. I missed a lot of gaming with my friends, not to mention all the awesome games that are console only. It's going to be a great feeling when I launch MW3 and I can play with my friends!

As for your last comment, that was uncalled for. I expect that garbage type of comment from some other "elitests" around here but not from you.

Back on topic, I'm really stoked about Monday night. I've decided that I'm going to my local GameStop midnight release since I have Tuesday off.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-11, 09:17 PM   #14
Rummy

Default Re: Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Thread (Console)

Yeah I'm excited as well, bring it on...
Rummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-11, 09:32 PM   #15
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
Not really bro, I just hate to tweak and tinker, therefore I don't want to read a 100+ page thread of tweaks, how good someone's framerate is, AA, AF, etc. Video games are a source of entertainment and fun, and CoD delivers. I rarely hear about the fun factor of games anymore due to all the benchmarking going on.

Funny you should mention 12 year olds. I tried for years getting my coworkers and friends on the PC bandwagon and they simply wouldn't budge. I missed a lot of gaming with my friends, not to mention all the awesome games that are console only. It's going to be a great feeling when I launch MW3 and I can play with my friends!

As for your last comment, that was uncalled for. I expect that garbage type of comment from some other "elitests" around here but not from you.

Back on topic, I'm really stoked about Monday night. I've decided that I'm going to my local GameStop midnight release since I have Tuesday off.

I'm just giving you **** for leaving the PC world. It was sarcasm. When your box does red ring, I hope you come back to the dark side... we need all the help we can get to keep PC gaming alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-11, 10:44 PM   #16
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
I'm just giving you **** for leaving the PC world. It was sarcasm. When your box does red ring, I hope you come back to the dark side... we need all the help we can get to keep PC gaming alive.
I know man, everyone here has been giving me crap for it. I don't see any point in going back to a platform that software devs are leaving in the dust. No ones wallet is or will ever keep PC gaming alive, at least for me. It's all up to the people who make the games IMO.

Back on topic, I've been checking around for any reviews on the game, but unfortunately no site has posted their thoughts up yet. I think one thing that's really awesome is that IW has really stepped up MP with custom game rules, kill confirmed and they FINALLY balanced out the kill/point streaks.

While Black Ops was fun, it was never as fun as MW2. Cannot wait to get my copy on Monday night.
Old 11-07-11, 11:50 AM   #17
six_storm

Just 13 more hours to go.

Debating on whether I want to drive the extra 10-15 minutes to go to Best Buy or just go to Gamestop. BB is offering 12 months of XBL for $35 when you buy MW3. I would rather go to Gamestop since it's closer to home. I may just do that and wait for another XBL deal to come along.
Old 11-07-11, 12:03 PM   #18
ViN86

Ugh, don't make me delete this thread.

mailman, you don't have any interest in the console version of this game, so get out of the thread and stay out. And I don't need a response, just stay out.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-11, 02:13 PM   #19
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Ugh, don't make me delete this thread.

mailman, you don't have any interest in the console version of this game, so get out of the thread and stay out. And I don't need a response, just stay out.
Thanks Vin. :P
Old 11-07-11, 04:48 PM   #20
Logical

Great idea to start this thread here instead of mixing in the main gaming forum. Nice one...
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-07-11, 09:09 PM   #21
six_storm

Waited in line for 45 mins to get my wristband. Going back to Gamestop in a few hours to be #29 in line. Stoked!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-11, 09:29 PM   #22
Roliath

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
Waited in line for 45 mins to get my wristband. Going back to Gamestop in a few hours to be #29 in line. Stoked!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
For COD? Just go to walmart.
Old 11-07-11, 09:47 PM   #23
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roliath View Post
For COD? Just go to walmart.
Walmart was packed and they don't allow people sometimes to wait for the game.

Gamestop is allowing people that are waiting to play the game at 8PM and they are ordering pizza for everyone at 9PM. Not a bad way to spend your Monday night. Me however, I came back home and won't go back for another 1.5 hours. Will try to sneak a game in while waiting.

Wristband:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wristband.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	43398  
Old 11-07-11, 10:07 PM   #24
Rummy

Nice wrist band, make sure to give us some feedback. Will you play sp or mp first?
Rummy is offline   Reply With Quote