Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-07-11, 07:17 PM   #1
Vanzagar
Bring me Amberlamps

Cool Official Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Thread (PC version)

Hey we need a nice new official thread for this game...

Haven't been this excited about a new game in a looong time, placed my reservation at GameStop this morning... really hope it doesn't suck badly *knocks on wood*...

When you get the game please post your:
1. GPU
2. CPU
3. Playing resolution
4. Settings
5. FPS

Anyone seen any reviews yet? I see some game review sites got their copies last week...

Vanz
Vanzagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-11, 08:48 PM   #2
shilk

Default Re: Official Skyrim - Elder Scrolls V Thread

They're actually making higher resolution textures, larger rendering modes, tools (that's a given) and changing the UI for the PC release. I'm actually kind of excited. I did see the gameplay footage from the XBOX360 version all over YouTube, and I have to admit that everything about Skyrim that I had concerns over was pretty much squashed with that announcement.
Old 11-07-11, 08:59 PM   #3
Redeemed

Default Re: NVnews Official Skyrim - Elder Scrolls V Thread

I am very tempted to buy this. I'm really itching for an epic SP experience. I had high hopes for BF3 after watching the initial trailers for the SP campaign. But when I found out the SP was only 5 hours long and essentially a very prettied-up rehash of other game stories I decided to cancel my pre-order. Didn't mind much because I've always know BF for the MP- never got into it my self but that's what gave it its fame. So I always suspected that the SP may be a bit of a let down. I've yet to buy it.

However Skyrim is entirely SP. And I thoroughly enjoyed Oblivion. *REALLY* wanting this game however part of me feels to wait till I purchase a more potent video card. This 4870 is epic and all, but the 512MB framebuffer will certainly be a limiting factor at my monitor's native resolution of 1920 x 1200. Not too mention this GPU offers roughly the performance of a 5770.

Unless something unexpected occurs I'm already anticipating performing some upgrades to my rig this winter and I'd kinda' like to hold off playing this till my upgrades are done. First play through done in all it's glory I guess you could say.

Meh, maybe by waiting it'll be fully patched and any bugs will be dealt with. Guess I can wait a bit.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-11, 08:59 PM   #4
MUYA

Send a message via MSN to MUYA

Thread stickied. I am gonna buy it when it launches on steam. It may be the game that will take me away from AoC
Corsair K90 - Corsair Venegance 2000 Headset - Razer Naga Epic
Corsair 600T Case
MUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-11, 10:45 PM   #5
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
I am very tempted to buy this. I'm really itching for an epic SP experience. I had high hopes for BF3 after watching the initial trailers for the SP campaign. But when I found out the SP was only 5 hours long and essentially a very prettied-up rehash of other game stories I decided to cancel my pre-order. Didn't mind much because I've always know BF for the MP- never got into it my self but that's what gave it its fame. So I always suspected that the SP may be a bit of a let down. I've yet to buy it.

However Skyrim is entirely SP. And I thoroughly enjoyed Oblivion. *REALLY* wanting this game however part of me feels to wait till I purchase a more potent video card. This 4870 is epic and all, but the 512MB framebuffer will certainly be a limiting factor at my monitor's native resolution of 1920 x 1200. Not too mention this GPU offers roughly the performance of a 5770.

Unless something unexpected occurs I'm already anticipating performing some upgrades to my rig this winter and I'd kinda' like to hold off playing this till my upgrades are done. First play through done in all it's glory I guess you could say.

Meh, maybe by waiting it'll be fully patched and any bugs will be dealt with. Guess I can wait a bit.
I hear Skyrims requirements are pretty easy going Deemed. The word is, if you can play Fallout 3 fine, you can play Skyrim fine. I tried to tell my sister that anyway, but she's dropping a couple k on a new system anyway. Guess who gets to build it however. ::

I excited myself, but can't play till after this weekend. The in laws are coming by and knowing them, they have nothing planned, but if you do anything but watch or play sport you're wasting your life. SO I'll be sitting in front of the plasma watching OneHD (sports channel) all weekend.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-11, 11:04 PM   #6
Vanzagar
Bring me Amberlamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
I excited myself, but can't play till after this weekend. The in laws are coming by and knowing them, they have nothing planned, but if you do anything but watch or play sport you're wasting your life. SO I'll be sitting in front of the plasma watching OneHD (sports channel) all weekend.
Here's what I do when the in laws come, I change my schedule... ... take a big nap during the day and stay up till 3am, they crash at about 10:00pm, that gives me 5 hours of piece and quiet each night...
Vanzagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-11, 11:05 PM   #7
ElL33t
Brobama

Default Re: NVnews Official Skyrim - Elder Scrolls V Thread (PC version)

Pre-ordered! I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanzagar View Post
Here's what I do when the in laws come, I change my schedule... ... take a big nap during the day and stay up till 3am, they crash at about 10:00pm, that gives me 5 hours of piece and quiet each night...
I just order take out and close the door.
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 12:34 AM   #8
Greedo

witcher 2
Greedo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-08-11, 12:43 AM   #9
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanzagar View Post
That's what I'm thinking. We've put them up in a seaside hotel down the road. My guess is they'll want to retire their early leaving me all night to rim the sky?
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 01:52 AM   #10
K007

lol @ video!
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 08:21 AM   #11
ArrowMk84

Skyrim supposedly unlocks Thursday on Steam: http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/62...yrim-Goes-Gold

I'm really looking forward to this.
Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6GHz | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz 9-10-9-27 | Dual EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3GB | Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro PCI-E | Intel 510 Series SSD 120 GB | 2x Raptor 600 GB RAID | 2TB WD Black | Lite-On 21x Blu-ray Burner | Corsair AX1200 Modular PSU | Silverstone FT02 | Corsair H60 with Dual Fans | Dell 3007-HC 30" LCD | Audioengine 5 & S8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
ArrowMk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 09:11 AM   #12
Maverick123w

Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedo View Post
witcher 2 isn't in the same league
FixeDD
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote