Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-07-11, 07:17 PM   #1
Vanzagar
Bring me Amberlamps
 
Vanzagar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,167
Cool Official Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Thread (PC version)

Hey we need a nice new official thread for this game...



Haven't been this excited about a new game in a looong time, placed my reservation at GameStop this morning... really hope it doesn't suck badly *knocks on wood*...

When you get the game please post your:
1. GPU
2. CPU
3. Playing resolution
4. Settings
5. FPS

Anyone seen any reviews yet? I see some game review sites got their copies last week...

Vanz
Vanzagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-11, 08:48 PM   #2
shilk
Registered User
 
shilk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: California
Posts: 913
Default Re: Official Skyrim - Elder Scrolls V Thread

They're actually making higher resolution textures, larger rendering modes, tools (that's a given) and changing the UI for the PC release. I'm actually kind of excited. I did see the gameplay footage from the XBOX360 version all over YouTube, and I have to admit that everything about Skyrim that I had concerns over was pretty much squashed with that announcement.
__________________
shilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-11, 08:59 PM   #3
Redeemed
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 17,982
Default Re: NVnews Official Skyrim - Elder Scrolls V Thread

I am very tempted to buy this. I'm really itching for an epic SP experience. I had high hopes for BF3 after watching the initial trailers for the SP campaign. But when I found out the SP was only 5 hours long and essentially a very prettied-up rehash of other game stories I decided to cancel my pre-order. Didn't mind much because I've always know BF for the MP- never got into it my self but that's what gave it its fame. So I always suspected that the SP may be a bit of a let down. I've yet to buy it.

However Skyrim is entirely SP. And I thoroughly enjoyed Oblivion. *REALLY* wanting this game however part of me feels to wait till I purchase a more potent video card. This 4870 is epic and all, but the 512MB framebuffer will certainly be a limiting factor at my monitor's native resolution of 1920 x 1200. Not too mention this GPU offers roughly the performance of a 5770.

Unless something unexpected occurs I'm already anticipating performing some upgrades to my rig this winter and I'd kinda' like to hold off playing this till my upgrades are done. First play through done in all it's glory I guess you could say.

Meh, maybe by waiting it'll be fully patched and any bugs will be dealt with. Guess I can wait a bit.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-11, 08:59 PM   #4
MUYA
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 6,794
Send a message via MSN to MUYA
Default Re: NVnews Official Skyrim - Elder Scrolls V Thread

Thread stickied. I am gonna buy it when it launches on steam. It may be the game that will take me away from AoC
__________________
I5-2500k@4.7GHz - MSI Z77A-GD65 - 4GB X2 A-DATA DDR3 1600 - Corsair H100 - Antec Quatro 850W
Gigabyte Windforce X3 GTX 680 OC - Dell 24" IPS
Intel 320 300 GB SSD - 1 TB Hitachi HDD - 2x 250 GB WD HDD
Corsair K90 - Corsair Venegance 2000 Headset - Razer Naga Epic
Corsair 600T Case
MUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-11, 10:45 PM   #5
crainger
 
crainger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia
Posts: 29,559
Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: NVnews Official Skyrim - Elder Scrolls V Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
I am very tempted to buy this. I'm really itching for an epic SP experience. I had high hopes for BF3 after watching the initial trailers for the SP campaign. But when I found out the SP was only 5 hours long and essentially a very prettied-up rehash of other game stories I decided to cancel my pre-order. Didn't mind much because I've always know BF for the MP- never got into it my self but that's what gave it its fame. So I always suspected that the SP may be a bit of a let down. I've yet to buy it.

However Skyrim is entirely SP. And I thoroughly enjoyed Oblivion. *REALLY* wanting this game however part of me feels to wait till I purchase a more potent video card. This 4870 is epic and all, but the 512MB framebuffer will certainly be a limiting factor at my monitor's native resolution of 1920 x 1200. Not too mention this GPU offers roughly the performance of a 5770.

Unless something unexpected occurs I'm already anticipating performing some upgrades to my rig this winter and I'd kinda' like to hold off playing this till my upgrades are done. First play through done in all it's glory I guess you could say.

Meh, maybe by waiting it'll be fully patched and any bugs will be dealt with. Guess I can wait a bit.
I hear Skyrims requirements are pretty easy going Deemed. The word is, if you can play Fallout 3 fine, you can play Skyrim fine. I tried to tell my sister that anyway, but she's dropping a couple k on a new system anyway. Guess who gets to build it however. ::

I excited myself, but can't play till after this weekend. The in laws are coming by and knowing them, they have nothing planned, but if you do anything but watch or play sport you're wasting your life. SO I'll be sitting in front of the plasma watching OneHD (sports channel) all weekend.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-11, 11:04 PM   #6
Vanzagar
Bring me Amberlamps
 
Vanzagar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,167
Default Re: NVnews Official Skyrim - Elder Scrolls V Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
I excited myself, but can't play till after this weekend. The in laws are coming by and knowing them, they have nothing planned, but if you do anything but watch or play sport you're wasting your life. SO I'll be sitting in front of the plasma watching OneHD (sports channel) all weekend.
Here's what I do when the in laws come, I change my schedule... ... take a big nap during the day and stay up till 3am, they crash at about 10:00pm, that gives me 5 hours of piece and quiet each night...
Vanzagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-11, 11:05 PM   #7
ElL33t
Brobama
 
ElL33t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 805
Default Re: NVnews Official Skyrim - Elder Scrolls V Thread (PC version)

Pre-ordered! I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanzagar View Post
Here's what I do when the in laws come, I change my schedule... ... take a big nap during the day and stay up till 3am, they crash at about 10:00pm, that gives me 5 hours of piece and quiet each night...
I just order take out and close the door.
__________________
OBAMA 2012
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 12:34 AM   #8
Greedo
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: mos eisley cantina
Posts: 1,259
Default Re: NVnews Official Skyrim - Elder Scrolls V Thread (PC version)

witcher 2
Greedo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-08-11, 12:43 AM   #9
crainger
 
crainger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia
Posts: 29,559
Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: NVnews Official Skyrim - Elder Scrolls V Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanzagar View Post
Here's what I do when the in laws come, I change my schedule... ... take a big nap during the day and stay up till 3am, they crash at about 10:00pm, that gives me 5 hours of piece and quiet each night...
That's what I'm thinking. We've put them up in a seaside hotel down the road. My guess is they'll want to retire their early leaving me all night to rim the sky?
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 01:52 AM   #10
K007
 
K007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Australia, Sydney
Posts: 9,406
Default Re: NVnews Official Skyrim - Elder Scrolls V Thread (PC version)

lol @ video!
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 08:21 AM   #11
ArrowMk84
Registered User
 
ArrowMk84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,010
Default Re: NVnews Official Skyrim - Elder Scrolls V Thread (PC version)

Skyrim supposedly unlocks Thursday on Steam: http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/62...yrim-Goes-Gold

I'm really looking forward to this.
__________________
Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6GHz | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz 9-10-9-27 | Dual EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3GB | Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro PCI-E | Intel 510 Series SSD 120 GB | 2x Raptor 600 GB RAID | 2TB WD Black | Lite-On 21x Blu-ray Burner | Corsair AX1200 Modular PSU | Silverstone FT02 | Corsair H60 with Dual Fans | Dell 3007-HC 30" LCD | Audioengine 5 & S8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
ArrowMk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 09:11 AM   #12
Maverick123w
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 1,841
Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w
Default Re: NVnews Official Skyrim - Elder Scrolls V Thread (PC version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedo View Post
witcher 2 isn't in the same league
FixeDD
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.