Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-08-11, 10:27 AM   #73
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,948
Default Re: Official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Well, there are plenty of PC users who have brought it here and not learnt their lesson.
I think most the PC users already knew what they were getting though.
__________________
i7-2600k @ 4.6Ghz, Zotac GTX 680 (1310/7000), 16GB DDR3 1600, 2 x 1TB Samsung F3 RAID 0, Windows 7 x64, CPU and GPU custom watercooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 10:27 AM   #74
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: Official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Feedback Thread

Uhh, yea the game is better than MW2 (more polished, some added PC features, removed gay killstreaks, changed some perks around, etc.), but does that really justify these scores?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...view-round-up/

Man gaming has changed.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 10:27 AM   #75
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,948
Default Re: Official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
No problem. The gameplay is very polished and smooth. So, it seems like for once we got a release that wasn't buggy as hell!

Honestly, it's exactly the same as MW2. I really don't care about pubbing in P2P games. I play in leagues with a team, and we have a dedicated server pre-ordered. Plus, you should be able to enable all guns and disable whichever perks/killstreaks you want on the server side, so it will be fun.

So I am not upset with my purchase, I will get plenty of game play out of it. Although, I am a little disappointed with how they essentially repackaged MW2 and just released it. I mean, there's little to no extra work done in this game compared to MW2. MW2 at least was a brand new game compared to COD4, but this isn't different at all...

I will be pubbing some tonight with some friends. Maybe I'll see some of you there.
Since they had 3 studios involved... I think keeping it as close to MW2 was probably a really smart move. Cant wait to try it with Native and see how it looks now.
__________________
i7-2600k @ 4.6Ghz, Zotac GTX 680 (1310/7000), 16GB DDR3 1600, 2 x 1TB Samsung F3 RAID 0, Windows 7 x64, CPU and GPU custom watercooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 10:29 AM   #76
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: Official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
I think most the PC users already knew what they were getting though.
This. I had little to no expectations for it to be vastly superior to MW2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2
Since they had 3 studios involved... I think keeping it as close to MW2 was probably a really smart move. Cant wait to try it with Native and see how it looks now.
It looks just like MW2, so don't get too excited. But visually I think MW2 is pretty good. I mean, it's an FPS shooter that's supposed to be fast paced. Crysis-style graphics don't really fit to begin with lol.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 10:40 AM   #77
Yaboze
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 2,057
Default Re: Official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Feedback Thread

This game will sell more than BF3, but of course, that doesn't make it better. I've been talking to a few gamers, yes regular gamers who play on the PC sometimes but mainly play on consoles, they all skipped BF3 to wait for this game. They know it's not graphically like BF3, but they like the quick game play that CoD brings.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 10:41 AM   #78
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: Official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
This game will sell more than BF3, but of course, that doesn't make it better. I've been talking to a few gamers, yes regular gamers who play on the PC sometimes but mainly play on consoles, they all skipped BF3 to wait for this game. They know it's not graphically like BF3, but they like the quick game play that CoD brings.
Exactly why I got it. I like the quick game play.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 10:45 AM   #79
munkus
Cold nose, warm heart
 
munkus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,559
Default Re: Official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Feedback Thread

Downloading it now from Direct2Drive. I love my 15% discount.
munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 10:48 AM   #80
Sean_W
Registered User
 
Sean_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,423
Default Re: Official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post

It looks just like MW2, so don't get too excited. But visually I think MW2 is pretty good. I mean, it's an FPS shooter that's supposed to be fast paced. Crysis-style graphics don't really fit to begin with lol.
That's just an excuse because selling so many copies means they don't have to spend money on 2011 features, they just spend it all on Michael Bay and movie sequences instead.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-08-11, 10:48 AM   #81
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: Official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Feedback Thread

I'm surprised no one has commented on how polished the game is. It's very smooth. Apparently people would rather complain than give a fair/balanced opinion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
That's just an excuse because selling so many copies means they don't have to spend money on 2011 features, they just spend it all on Michael Bay and movie sequences instead.
No it isn't. Why would <30 FPS for "zomgwtfbbqsauce graphics" be good in a game that is based on how fast your reflexes are?
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 10:53 AM   #82
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,948
Default Re: Official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
It looks just like MW2, so don't get too excited. But visually I think MW2 is pretty good. I mean, it's an FPS shooter that's supposed to be fast paced. Crysis-style graphics don't really fit to begin with lol.
I'm with you there, I dont mind it, I think MW2 looks perfectly fine. I too love the faster gameplay... I've been playing BF3 on TDM and it's less BF and more COD actually. If I need the eyecandy I'll hop over to BF3... otherwise I knew what I was buying, happy with the graphics... stuck at work though and can't try it with native.
__________________
i7-2600k @ 4.6Ghz, Zotac GTX 680 (1310/7000), 16GB DDR3 1600, 2 x 1TB Samsung F3 RAID 0, Windows 7 x64, CPU and GPU custom watercooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 10:55 AM   #83
Sean_W
Registered User
 
Sean_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,423
Default Re: Official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
I'm surprised no one has commented on how polished the game is. It's very smooth. Apparently people would rather complain than give a fair/balanced opinion...



No it isn't. Why would <30 FPS for "zomgwtfbbqsauce graphics" be good in a game that is based on how fast your reflexes are?
Excuses, excuses. Nobody played FPS games at 30fps back in the day? Most console games are 30fps anyway so if you want an even better excuse just play the game without textures, I'm sure it will be just as much fun.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 10:57 AM   #84
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,948
Default Re: Official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Excuses, excuses. Nobody played FPS games at 30fps back in the day? Most console games are 30fps anyway so if you want an even better excuse just play the game without textures, I'm sure it will be just as much fun.
Luckily for us PC elitists we can max everything in this game and still get 150 fps. I couldn't deal with 30 fps anymore.
__________________
i7-2600k @ 4.6Ghz, Zotac GTX 680 (1310/7000), 16GB DDR3 1600, 2 x 1TB Samsung F3 RAID 0, Windows 7 x64, CPU and GPU custom watercooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.