Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-07-11, 09:13 PM   #25
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rummy View Post
Nice wrist band, make sure to give us some feedback. Will you play sp or mp first?
Ill probably play MP tonight and start SP when I can really devote some time into it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-11, 11:20 PM   #26
six_storm

Just played a 5 min DM with some random dude on PS3. I got noobed. They are about to line everyone up in 10 mins. Not much longer!

Old 11-08-11, 12:00 AM   #27
Rummy

Default Re: Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Thread (Console)

Go Six Go!!!!!!!
Rummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 12:33 AM   #28
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
Just played a 5 min DM with some random dude on PS3. I got noobed. They are about to line everyone up in 10 mins. Not much longer!

I always feel uncomfortable destroying people at videogames when they are right there. The faces haunt me at night...
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 02:09 AM   #29
six_storm

After playing some MP, I can say its the same MP we've loved since CoD4, only better. Weapons feel amazing, I haven't used one that I don't like yet. Still getting used to a controller too.

I did play survival mode . . . Wow. This is going to take replayability to the next level.

Going to bed now, got a long day tomorrow.
Old 11-08-11, 12:11 PM   #30
six_storm

Got to play about an hour this morning.

Confirmed Kill: Amazing gametype. This eliminates any campers and snipers for the most part since you need to get dogtags to help your team win. It actually forces you to stick close to teammates and work together. I'm addicted to CK, definitely more fun than FFA IMO.

Survival: Even if you are a COD noob, this is the best way to get your skill up. My being comfortable with the controller gets better and better by playing this mode on solo. Can't wait to play this with some friends later tonight.

I played domination for one map and just like any other MW game, it was a blast.

I really like mastering your weapons and leveling them up. There still is not any weapons that I just don't love. Some have more recoil than I would like but I'm getting used to it.

Overall, I'd say that this is the best COD game yet, possibly even over COD4. Everything seems really balanced and even higher ups aren't just bombarding you if you are low leveled. You have an even advantage with just about any gun. You really have to be a fan of the MW series to appreciate how much better it is than MW1 and MW2.

COD Elite has some crazy stats, so I'll be really glad when all the server issues get worked out. My accuracy with a controller is around 16% lol but I'm working on it. They give you overhead views on all the maps and some video segments on XBL for free.

Surprised that I haven't touched SP yet but I hear it's really amazing. Might get into that this weekend.
Old 11-08-11, 12:14 PM   #31
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
six, you were right to open a new thread!
The usual morons are back in the other thread
I flipped through a few threads and read NOTHING but how bad FOV and the graphics were. So glad I got out of the PC scene while I could. People (I'm pointing at the PC gamers) just cannot enjoy a video game anymore, it's all about the graphics or performance or tweaking. Who cares?!?!?! All of those problems they mentioned just goes to show you that software devs don't care about PC gaming anymore; they just don't put the time into their game for the PC version.

So glad I got about of the PC gaming scene while I could. I'm extremely glad that I can pop a disc in and play. Simple, no tweaking required.
Old 11-08-11, 12:42 PM   #32
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

From what I hear the SP is pretty epic. It's the shortest so far, the most on rails, but it's a blast. I also hear it looks pretty good, which what makes the PC thread so odd. Especially given the complainers there are now admitting to not even playing the game, let alone owning it.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-08-11, 12:47 PM   #33
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
From what I hear the SP is pretty epic. It's the shortest so far, the most on rails, but it's a blast. I also hear it looks pretty good, which what makes the PC thread so odd. Especially given the complainers there are now admitting to not even playing the game, let alone owning it.
There is a bug with the settings on PC, but if you set it to native the textures/visuals are fine.

I will probably pick this up on 360 in December to play with my console buddies. How is the aiming on 360 six? Just like MW2?
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 12:56 PM   #34
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
There is a bug with the settings on PC, but if you set it to native the textures/visuals are fine.

I will probably pick this up on 360 in December to play with my console buddies. How is the aiming on 360 six? Just like MW2?
I've played MW2 on the 360 very few times so I don't know. Aiming takes some getting used to for me simply because I'm coming from KBM. But I'm getting used to it.
Old 11-08-11, 01:17 PM   #35
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
I've played MW2 on the 360 very few times so I don't know. Aiming takes some getting used to for me simply because I'm coming from KBM. But I'm getting used to it.
Yea it's difficult at first. I highly recommend getting a pair of these FPS Freek sticks:
http://www.kontrolfreek.com/FPS/Kont...-FPS-Freek.asp

They extend the stick by about three quarters of an inch and they really improve accuracy and precision. Then you can tweak the sensitivity to get the best combination of speed/accuracy. I picked up a pair with Black Ops and they were the best accessory I've bought so far. My brother swears by them, too.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 01:20 PM   #36
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Yea it's difficult at first. I highly recommend getting a pair of these FPS Freek sticks:
http://www.kontrolfreek.com/FPS/Kont...-FPS-Freek.asp

They extend the stick by about three quarters of an inch and they really improve accuracy and precision. Then you can tweak the sensitivity to get the best combination of speed/accuracy. I picked up a pair with Black Ops and they were the best accessory I've bought so far. My brother swears by them, too.
Wow, those are interesting. I'm curious as to how they improve accuracy? Guess I would have to physically try them to know. But I'll keep those in mind.