Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-11, 11:57 AM   #13
MaXThReAT

Default Re: MW3 Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Please tell me you weren't one of the guys who complained Crysis was too system hungry and poorly coded.
Not at all crainger man. Crysis was one of the last games that actually pushed systems and made people want to upgrade. I'll be the first to tell people to lower their settings if a game is running slow because of hardware. GTAIV was a masterpiece and coded as such. I also commend Crytek for creating games that are forward looking, games that are meant to run their highest settings on next years hardware or the year after. That, is something too many people don't understand or don't like.

What I meant was this is the year 2011 and my graphics card is at least four years old now and it will still be able to run MW3 @ 2048x1536 4xaa 16af with everything maxed out. This is because the game, the engine and the textures are from 2007 made to run on hardware from 2007, i.e. consoles and four year old graphics cards, yes I said it.
Think about this, one of the most popular games ever made, COD, is still DX9...Why, why isn't it pushed? I would think with their millions and billions of dollars made they could at least go DX9-10 and add some soft particles, dynamic lights, maybe even some physics if they used some of their overhead when running on something like a 580GTX. Those things have so much power left it really not even funny. So much power the game can be rendered across three monitors essentially tripling the load.

Now, I have not seen the game in motion on my system yet so I am totally talking out of my ass but my past experience has guided me to this conclusion. COD2 was the last COD I enjoyed. COD4 had one level I liked, Death from above, that's it, I really didn't like the rest of the game. Black ops was laughable. I speak only of SP. MP IMO is one of the largest waists of time ever created. To me it's like playing the same level over and over and over and over, you can never finish and you can never really beat the MP. I indulge BF3 cuz it's BF3 but almost every other MP FPS is very dull to me. L4D I loved because it was very different MP from the standard.

I may still get MW3 provided I hear good things from my friends here and around. I really hope we can all maintain a level of respect and maturity here and are allowed to talk about these things...these facts. I swear to MikeC if this thread gets locked just because people are talking about a sensitive subjects I will not allow myself to come back here and be told what we can and cannot talk about.
Evga 280 GTX 621/1349/2268
SB X-Fi FPS / Z-5500 + Buttkicker!

"Don't mind the posts, I've been around longer than most know."
Old 11-08-11, 12:14 PM   #14
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Ok. I can understand where you are coming from. My mates tell though not to believe the vids. It's actually pretty decent in game. All the huge set prices are done in game. I can also understand why they didn't bump it up too much for PC. When you check those Steam surveys most people are running mid range pcs. They love their multiplayer and they pony up the 60 bucks no problems as its probably one of the only games they buy this year.
However I do think BF3 might have made Activision sit up and take notice. BF3 looks amazing and also runs great on older hardware. My guess is this is the last COD we see for a little while. Back to the drawing board. Probably waiting for next generation consoles. Shame as we have the hardware for it now…
Old 11-08-11, 12:33 PM   #15
Sean_W

Game devs are probably sick of consoles but because money talks, innovation and pushing PC hardware doesn't. CoD and BF3 are almost carbon copies of each other in single player and incremental gameplay improvements are just not worth the money. At least DICE didn't' churn out the same 2007, DX9 graphics engine purely to make money.

The only real innovators are the Indy game developers.
Old 11-08-11, 12:39 PM   #16
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

There is truth to that, but

You'd be surprised how many indie devs are indie devs just for the money. Make a cheap popular game then sell the company off to a huge publisher once the offers come in.
Old 11-08-11, 04:20 PM   #17
BioHazZarD
USCM Marine

Send a message via MSN to BioHazZarD

I read now that game will probably sell around 6milion copies within 24 hours so no **** they wont change a winning formula, its all in the higher of thoose in charge u think they will listen for the die hard gamers who arent a majority of everyone who plays ? lolz..
Chieftec Miditower /w 5 case fans | Corsair 620W HX PSU | Asus M4N98TD EVO SLI | AMD Athlon2 X2 260 3,2GHz | Corsair 3GB PC3-10666 | eVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB (336shader) | Samsung Spinpoint x2 250GB HD +SATA 320GB | SB Audigy 4 @ 2.1 | Samsung Syncmaster BX2331 TFT 23" running 1920x1080@60hz | Windows XP PRO SP2 | |
Old 11-08-11, 07:38 PM   #18
Viral
Registered User of Women

The game sells on consoles so there's no point changing the engine drastically until the next consoles come out. I still expect them to keep milking the cash cow with a new release every year just for a new 5hr cliche, super-scripted single player story and x and y gimmicky mp features. I'll pass.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Old 11-08-11, 09:45 PM   #19
Logical

Tonight i spent a good 5 hours on MW3 without getting bored, without taking a break and it felt more like 2 hours....I love BF3 too, but after a couple of hours on that, im bored...
Old 11-08-11, 09:46 PM   #20
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioHazZarD View Post
I read now that game will probably sell around 6milion copies within 24 hours so no **** they wont change a winning formula, its all in the higher of thoose in charge u think they will listen for the die hard gamers who arent a majority of everyone who plays ? lolz..
See, this is the ticket. Why fix what isn't broken? Why ruin a good game? Graphics alone are NOT what makes a game, there are many elements that go together to make the game what it is. It may be a 4 year old engine but it does the trick and runs extremely smooth on both consoles and older PCs. And let's not forget, the game is FUN, it's enjoyable, it's entertainment. Let's stop whining about the stuff that doesn't matter and start enjoying games like this.

Old 11-08-11, 09:46 PM   #21
Logical

Another bait thread that should have been closed 20 posts ago...oh well
Old 11-08-11, 09:51 PM   #22
Logical

I also love how these trolls think you can only have 1 game or the other, why not have both ? i do and i enjoy them both, they are very different in terms of gameplay. So what the engine is old now...and ? The formula still works, they are giving people what they want and these people will still buy it. CoD has never been a spectators game so stop looking at visuals and comparing them to a game that is ground breaking in them terms...The gameplay is as its always been...frikkin awesome...so live with it or gtfo....

rant over
Closed Thread