Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

View Poll Results: Opinions on Skyrim graphics (only vote if you've actually played the game)
Impressed 25 34.72%
Pretty much as expected 30 41.67%
Unimpressed 17 23.61%
No Opinion 0 0%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-11, 11:34 PM   #37
Sean_W

Default Re: Skyrim graphics

Nicely optimised storage for the Xbox360 that's why. Shipping higher resolution textures would make slow loading on consoles even slower.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-11, 11:35 PM   #38
Bah!

Graphics != just textures or draw distance or SSAO or whatever buzz word you want to use. To me graphics are the combination of all of those things wrapped into one. I keep hearing about all of these games that look so much better than Sykrim but as total package they really don't come close.

Feel free to try and show an outside screen shot from Oblivion, Gothic 4, or Two Worlds 2 that compares to Skyrim because it's not going to happen.

You can sit there and pick apart this feature or that feature, but the overall package is far superior to any of those games.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-11, 11:39 PM   #39
Sean_W

Well, if you all just decided to not care about graphics then just set everything to low and no AF or AA in Skyrim. I'm sure you'll enjoy it just as much. Also I'm sure nobody will download the texture packs either when they come.
Old 11-14-11, 11:45 PM   #40
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Well, if you all just decided to not care about graphics then just set everything to low and no AF or AA in Skyrim. I'm sure you'll enjoy it just as much. Also I'm sure nobody will download the texture packages either whne they come.
If I could only run this game on the lowest settings I would still enjoy it just as much. I haven't done any mods to the ini or anything. It's just on ultra and I am enjoying every minute of it. Seriously, I can play Minecraft for hours on end and not go, OMG LOOK AT ALL THESE BLOCKS WITH LOW RES TEXTURES *cancel pre order*.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-11, 12:01 AM   #41
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Some people here cannot get over the fact that it's a Xbox360 port and are taking the graphics point out of context, either that or they have a Xbox360 and think 2006 tech is mindblowing because there is nothing much on the PC to compare it with.
Maybe you can't get over the fact that you don't control every aspect of every games design. You go on about how poor the graphics are in almost every game I've seen you comment on, as if anything other than you personal vision of what should be is a fail and needs to be focused on. Why not focus on what you like rather than what you don't like? It's a lot more fun to spend your energy that way. Instead you spend hours trying to convince those seeing beauty how much ugly can be seen.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 11-15-11, 12:14 AM   #42
Sean_W

Real the Skyrim thread, I've said many good things about the game. I love the game but for me, the quality just isn't there in places when it should be.

I care about graphics, it's what gets me more immersed in the game. I seen plenty of people saying they wouldn't play Crysis 2 until the DX11 and texture pack came out, not me so meh.
Old 11-15-11, 12:20 AM   #43
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
If I could only run this game on the lowest settings I would still enjoy it just as much. I haven't done any mods to the ini or anything. It's just on ultra and I am enjoying every minute of it. Seriously, I can play Minecraft for hours on end and not go, OMG LOOK AT ALL THESE BLOCKS WITH LOW RES TEXTURES *cancel pre order*.
Good for you, I enjoy Skyrim too but if this was any other game, people would be up in arms about the quality of shadows and such.

Minecraft is different, it's supposed to be like that, that's what gives Minecraft it's charm. I think it says more about the game industry than Minecraft really.
Old 11-15-11, 12:23 AM   #44
-=DVS=-
.:. Lafiel .:.

Thumbs up Re: Skyrim graphics

Something can always be better, TES 5 is not perfect But !
for me as a whole Skyrim is awesome , everything just blends in into immersive experience

Old 11-15-11, 12:45 AM   #45
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Good for you, I enjoy Skyrim too but if this was any other game, people would be up in arms about the quality of shadows and such.

Minecraft is different, it's supposed to be like that, that's what gives Minecraft it's charm. I think it says more about the game industry than Minecraft really.
Because that's all those "other" games advertise as a selling point, graphics. Look at Crysis 2, all that game is lets see how many worthless graphic features we can overdo and cram into one engine. Then we will spend about 2 minutes on thinking up a story. Id rather a game deliver game play first than graphics second. If it's the other way around like most games today have been then whats the point of playing the game? Just fire up 3dmark11 if you want to look at graphics.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-11, 01:04 AM   #46
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Just fire up 3dmark11 if you want to look at graphics.
This!
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-11, 01:53 AM   #47
Bah!

Quote:
Well, if you all just decided to not care about graphics then just set everything to low and no AF or AA in Skyrim. I'm sure you'll enjoy it just as much. Also I'm sure nobody will download the texture packs either when they come.
I'm pretty sure everyone is saying the graphics are pretty damn nice. Like I said, quit talking about how much better all these other games look and show us some screenshots of better quality graphics than Skyrim. You claimed that Oblivion had better fidelity, then show me a shot proving that. Feel free to do the same with Gothic 4 or Two Worlds 2 as well.

No more talkie, talkie. Put up or shut up.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-11, 01:59 AM   #48
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
I'm pretty sure everyone is saying the graphics are pretty damn nice. Like I said, quit talking about how much better all these other games look and show us some screenshots of better quality graphics than Skyrim. You claimed that Oblivion had better fidelity, then show me a shot proving that. Feel free to do the same with Gothic 4 or Two Worlds 2 as well.

No more talkie, talkie. Put up or shut up.
Don't tell me to shut up. If you look, I've posted many shots of such games, so why don't you STFU and look at them. Also, did you notice that I put smiles in my posts? You actually took those comments seriously?

You guys are a tools and get all defensive about your oh so glorious game.