Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

View Poll Results: Opinions on Skyrim graphics (only vote if you've actually played the game)
Impressed 25 34.72%
Pretty much as expected 30 41.67%
Unimpressed 17 23.61%
No Opinion 0 0%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-11, 01:02 AM   #49
ViN86

Default Re: Skyrim graphics

This thread's going well. About 5 seconds away from a lock.

Sean, why are you always at the center of the trouble? lol
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-11, 01:06 AM   #50
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Because that's all those "other" games advertise as a selling point, graphics. Look at Crysis 2, all that game is lets see how many worthless graphic features we can overdo and cram into one engine. Then we will spend about 2 minutes on thinking up a story. Id rather a game deliver game play first than graphics second. If it's the other way around like most games today have been then whats the point of playing the game? Just fire up 3dmark11 if you want to look at graphics.
Just continue speaking out of context because you may as well be saying, blah, blah. If you don't care about the graphics then WTF have you even bother posting?

If you think I'm going around poisoning people into thinking the graphics are not good then why bother posting your useless drivel about gameplay here? it's worthless. Perhaps you should complain to the person who made the thread, because graphics don't matter with this game, clearly.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-11, 01:11 AM   #51
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
This thread's going well. About 5 seconds away from a lock.

Sean, why are you always at the center of the trouble? lol
Because people are too afraid to say what they want to say about games incase they upset someone else who doesn't like their view.

Just a bunch of hypocrites that will all download the high resolution textures as soon some are available and forget their oh so mighty gameplay while they look at them.
Old 11-15-11, 01:24 AM   #52
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Because people are too afraid to say what they want to say about games incase they upset someone else who doesn't like their view.

Just a bunch of hypocrites that will all download the high resolution textures as soon some are available and forget their oh so mighty gameplay while they look at them.
Just play the game and shut up. It looks good and is fun. I just wish it didn't make me sick so I could play it. I sad panda nao
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-11, 01:34 AM   #53
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:

Why would I argue with the OP of this thread? The only thing he said later on is that he was impressed by them. You are the one who hopped in this thread like always and started spewing your BS about how environments aren't graphics, and other retarded sayings. You know that if you don't consider an environment as the overall graphics of a game, then you wouldn't have a game at all. You could just take a bunch of super detailed rocks and pile them up in a corner and say, OMG this game has the best graphics ever. It's when you take those little details, and merge them together perfectly you get a highly graphical environment in your game. Sorry if you thought graphics consisted of just high res textures.

Yes, you can go searching for that one low res texture, look at it up close 5" away to make it look even worse, then say how the whole game has bad graphics due to that one single low res texture. I don't see the point in doing that though. Guess if you just want to whine about something, then it works.

Anyways, I seem to be upsetting your view on the graphics as I think they look fine as is. Goes both ways.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-11, 01:44 AM   #54
H3avyM3tal
SB's Twin Blades

^While this game have a good look over all, it is full of low res textures. Honestly, the things you see a mile away will always look better than whats in front of you, which is kinda backwards.

This is not how I expected the game to look. It doesn't look like a 2011 game imho. It looks damn good (at times), but ultimately it's very disappointing.

And I really don't get why people say that each dungeon looks different. I have been to about 4 so far, and apart from different layouts and special chambers, they are all made from the same greenish rocks. Maybe it's because they are all of nordish history. Fact is, from my experience so far, they all look alike.
Old 11-15-11, 01:53 AM   #55
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Oblivion:

Skyrim:

Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-11, 02:27 AM   #56
H3avyM3tal
SB's Twin Blades

^Noone said they didn't improve on Oblivion.

Now, why are pictures of grand views so important? When it is a fact that up close and personal (which is what you do most of the time), those same things you look at from a distance look much less good. Those two shots of Skyrim you posted show that difference pretty well.

Old 11-15-11, 02:52 AM   #57
Bah!

Quote:
Don't tell me to shut up. If you look, I've posted many shots of such games, so why don't you STFU and look at them. Also, did you notice that I put smiles in my posts? You actually took those comments seriously?

You guys are a tools and get all defensive about your oh so glorious game.
Exactly what I thought. You are just talking out of your ass or else you'd show us these magical screens of these other games that look so much better. I'll make it easy for ya, the shots don't exist because those games don't look better graphically than Skyrim.

Don't get all butthurt because people are sick of listening to you whine and make ridiculous claims without ever backing any of it up. Like I said, put up or shut up. No visual evidence, no reason to keep saying the same nonsense over and over again. And before you use the smilie excuse, you might want to go back to your posts and add them in, because you have half a dozen of them with no smilies saying the same thing, including where you said Oblivion had better fidelity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3avyM3tal View Post
^Noone said they didn't improve on Oblivion.

Now, why are pictures of grand views so important? When it is a fact that up close and personal (which is what you do most of the time), those same things you look at from a distance look much less good. Those two shots of Skyrim you posted show that difference pretty well.
Oh really? Sean_W said Oblivion had higher fidelity. Well how about this:

http://www.gamefront.com/skyrim-vs-o...n-infographic/

http://www.gamezone.com/editorials/t...on-to-oblivion

That close enough for ya? It doesn't matter where you take shots from, Skyrim looks vastly superior to Oblivion. Up close, long range, it makes no difference.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-11, 03:07 AM   #58
munkus
Cold nose, warm heart

When I want to stand around staring at rocks and tree bark for hours, or count the pores on a serving wench's nose, then I'll start demanding higher resolution textures in games. The textures in Skyrim look pretty darn high-rez to me. Then again, I'm far from an 1337 d00d so perhaps I'm just easily impressed. <shrug>
munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-11, 04:01 AM   #59
H3avyM3tal
SB's Twin Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
Oh really? Sean_W said Oblivion had higher fidelity. Well how about this:

That close enough for ya? It doesn't matter where you take shots from, Skyrim looks vastly superior to Oblivion. Up close, long range, it makes no difference.
I don't know what he meant, exactly, but obviously skyrim looks better. Still, Skyrim's textures are lame for today's standards.
Old 11-15-11, 11:49 AM   #60
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Oblivion:
Learn to read first, H3avyM3tal knows what I mean. I never said Oblivion looks better than Skytim, I said the a lot of the textures and shadows are better quality in Oblivion.

Go look a few pages back and see the two shots of what I took of the shadow and texture quality in Skyrim.