Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

View Poll Results: Opinions on Skyrim graphics (only vote if you've actually played the game)
Impressed 25 34.72%
Pretty much as expected 30 41.67%
Unimpressed 17 23.61%
No Opinion 0 0%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-11, 11:50 AM   #61
Sean_W

Default Re: Skyrim graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3avyM3tal View Post
I don't know what he meant, exactly, but obviously skyrim looks better. Still, Skyrim's textures are lame for today's standards.
Exactly.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-11, 11:53 AM   #62
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
Exactly what I thought. You are just talking out of your ass or else you'd show us these magical screens of these other games that look so much better. I'll make it easy for ya, the shots don't exist because those games don't look better graphically than Skyrim.

Don't get all butthurt because people are sick of listening to you whine and make ridiculous claims without ever backing any of it up. Like I said, put up or shut up. No visual evidence, no reason to keep saying the same nonsense over and over again. And before you use the smilie excuse, you might want to go back to your posts and add them in, because you have half a dozen of them with no smilies saying the same thing, including where you said Oblivion had better fidelity.

Oh really? Sean_W said Oblivion had higher fidelity. Well how about this:

http://www.gamefront.com/skyrim-vs-o...n-infographic/

http://www.gamezone.com/editorials/t...on-to-oblivion

That close enough for ya? It doesn't matter where you take shots from, Skyrim looks vastly superior to Oblivion. Up close, long range, it makes no difference.
See my above post, you completely missed my point because I was talking about texture and shadow fidelity, not models and environments. Learn to read first before you rag on people. Also, go back and read my posts and see if you can find where I said anything about 'all' of the graphics in Skyrim are worse than Oblivion because I didn't.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...2&postcount=34
Old 11-15-11, 12:03 PM   #63
munkus
Cold nose, warm heart

If you don't like the textures in Skyrim, then please create a mod to improve them. I'm sure we'd all appreciate the effort.
munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-11, 12:27 PM   #64
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
I hope this ends soon. With every new game the same crap with this guy
I post within the forum rules, you don't like my opinion, ignore my posts. I get sick of your iRacing shots and surround support whining but I don't rag on you about it.
Old 11-15-11, 12:34 PM   #65
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Learn to read first, H3avyM3tal knows what I mean. I never said Oblivion looks better than Skytim, I said the a lot of the textures and shadows are better quality in Oblivion.

Go look a few pages back and see the two shots of what I took of the shadow and texture quality in Skyrim.
So what do you mean a lot look better in Oblivion? Do you mean that Oblivion has better quality textures overall? If so it makes me wonder if you even played Oblivion without any mods, because the texture quality is horrible compared to SKyrim. I would like to see a texture in Oblivion that looks better than Skyrim. Same with a shadow. Vanilla please, no modded BS either.

Why would I look at your screenshots? If you wanted that shadow to be realistic it wouldn't be as sharp and defined as it already is in your screenshot. It would be blurry and not well defined.

Ok, so you found one of the very few low res textures in the game among thousands of higher res ones. Big deal? It's more than likely just a bug as the devs are already working on a patch to fix the PC issues.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-11, 12:44 PM   #66
H3avyM3tal
SB's Twin Blades

In all honesty, you are all kinda being a-holes with this game.
Why is it ok to bitch about graphics in other games, but not about this game?

The game looks great, sure, but it has many low res textures (which is does, btw).
Ahhh screw this, I'm out.
Old 11-15-11, 12:48 PM   #67
Sean_W

I can find plenty of poor textures in the game, the one I found was a example but again, I said there are some nice areas like Riften. The main poor quality textures are the rocks and the shadows that case on them are blocky.

If it's a bug with moving shadow quality then fine but static shadows on the ground from trees seems to be good quality. Some of you guys may not be bothered about these details(I see people making tweaks in the main thread about it, so you cannot be that not bothered). Game developers always go on about small details, they spend time doing it, they put videos out show how detailed their game is. but all of a sudden your guys seem to turn a blind eye to this one.

If you are going to rag on me about some minor graphics quality issue and then make ini tweaks in game for higher fidelity, then that makes you a hypocrite.
Old 11-15-11, 12:50 PM   #68
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
I can find plenty of poor textures in the game, the one I found was a example but again, I said there are some nice areas like Riften. The main poor quality textures are the rocks and the shadows that case on them are blocky.

If it's a bug with moving shadow quality then fine but static shadows on the ground from trees seems to be good quality.
Then tweak your ini to turn up the shadow quality. It's possible and works. Google it a little bit if you care about how sharp your shadows are that much.

Old 11-15-11, 12:55 PM   #69
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Then tweak your ini to turn up the shadow quality. It's possible and works. Google it a little bit if you care about how sharp your shadows are that much.
It doesn't work. My config is tweaked when I posted the shots of blocky shadows. it's either a bug or a quality issue.
Old 11-15-11, 12:59 PM   #70
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
It doesn't work. My config is tweaked when I posted the shots of blocky shadows. it's either a bug or a quality issue.
It's worked here when I tried it. Must be you're doing it wrong.
Old 11-15-11, 01:04 PM   #71
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Not my screenshots, but from other ppl who did the tweak:

Old 11-15-11, 01:43 PM   #72
Spartan 117
Halo PWNz0r

I think the graphics look good overall, what's more impressive is cramming the entire world into 5GB of space. I'm pretty sure they will release patches to make it better. Who knows, maybe they will release a DX11 patch, but that's just wishful thinking. I'm looking forward to the modding community rectifying this issue. The gameplay is what sold me on this game vs graphics.
2 PNY XLR8 GTX 670 in SLI
1 PNY XLR8 GTX 560 Ti for PhysX
Crucial M4 256GB SSD - OS/games
WD 500GB 7200RPM HDD - Storage
Team Executor XBOX 360 HDD Adapter for JTAG 360 HDD
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
LG Blu-Ray burner
Samsung DVD-RW burner
Cougar GX V.2 1050W PSU
Cougar Evolution case
40" Sony Bravia KDL40V5100 @ 1080P
Spartan 117 is offline   Reply With Quote