Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-16-11, 01:26 PM   #1
Vanzagar
Bring me Amberlamps
 
Vanzagar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,167
Default Skyrim Mods

Post your favorite mods here...

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/top/

Any other good mod sites for Skyrim?

Please comment on whether the mod has affected your game stability, I'm not willing to try the mod if the mod makes the game slightly worse in terms of stability (bit more flaky or crashes a bit more)...

Before and after screen pics are much appreciated too...

Vanz
Vanzagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-11, 01:34 PM   #2
Roadhog
Resident Alien
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,776
Default Re: Skyrim Mods

nude mod, obviously.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-11, 01:43 PM   #3
dikinher
Grab em!
 
dikinher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Fullerton, CA.
Posts: 744
Default Re: Skyrim Mods

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/14/th...m-mods-so-far/
__________________
Windows 7 Pro 64 OS * i7 2600K @4.5Ghz * ASUS P8P67 PRO (B3) * 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X *
EVGA GTX 670 FTW Edition * Cooler Master HAF 932
dikinher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-11, 01:50 PM   #4
Sean_W
Registered User
 
Sean_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,423
Default Re: Skyrim Mods

FXAA PP injector mod. Frame rate hit is about 5fps, seems good so far.

Before


After
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-11, 01:52 PM   #5
Roadhog
Resident Alien
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,776
Default Re: Skyrim Mods

Looks like someone took the sharpen and contrast filter in photoshop and turned it to 11.

Dunno how you can think that looks good.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-11, 01:56 PM   #6
Sean_W
Registered User
 
Sean_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,423
Default Re: Skyrim Mods

Well it's a post process filter and sharpener so yeah. I think it gives lighting more depth and makes it look much less washed out.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-11, 02:00 PM   #7
Roadhog
Resident Alien
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,776
Default Re: Skyrim Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Well it's a post process filter and sharpener so yeah. I think it gives lighting more depth and makes it look much less washed out.
The trees went from green to black, and the sky went from blue to green.

You should force AO since you have nvidia. Seems to work decently in skyrim.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-11, 02:29 PM   #8
Sean_W
Registered User
 
Sean_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,423
Default Re: Skyrim Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
The trees went from green to black, and the sky went from blue to green.

You should force AO since you have nvidia. Seems to work decently in skyrim.
AO has too much of a performance hit for me and it's doesn't away give good results. THere might well be a SSAO mod at some point though.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-16-11, 03:03 PM   #9
de><ta
prodigy
 
de><ta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: USA, NY
Posts: 1,100
Default Re: Skyrim Mods

Any mods that add Umbra?
__________________
IBM T60p | Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 | 2GB PC2-5300 | ATi M X1700 256MB | 100GB 7200rpm SATA

///m-powered | Intel i7 920 | EVGA x58 | 6GB DD3 1600 | EVGA GTX 285 SSC | 150GB VelociRaptor

Drag racing is for fast cars. Autocrossing is for fast drivers.
de><ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-11, 03:06 PM   #10
Roadhog
Resident Alien
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,776
Default Re: Skyrim Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
AO has too much of a performance hit for me and it's doesn't away give good results. THere might well be a SSAO mod at some point though.
Oh right, you have a 460 and whine about games not having 8 million next gen graphical features.



SSAO does make it look better. You can set it to performance and it doesn't look any worse from what i've seen.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-11, 03:24 PM   #11
Sean_W
Registered User
 
Sean_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,423
Default Re: Skyrim Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Oh right, you have a 460 and whine about games not having 8 million next gen graphical features.



SSAO does make it look better. You can set it to performance and it doesn't look any worse from what i've seen.
hahaha, I'd prefer the developer to add the option to the engine, performance is better and probably implementation.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-11, 04:51 PM   #12
Maverick123w
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 1,841
Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w
Default Re: Skyrim Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Looks like someone took the sharpen and contrast filter in photoshop and turned it to 11.

Dunno how you can think that looks good.
I agree. I tried the mod out and uninstalled it 3 seconds later. Pretty much puts a sepia and absurdly high sharpener filter on everything.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.