Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

View Poll Results: Opinions on Skyrim graphics (only vote if you've actually played the game)
Impressed 25 34.72%
Pretty much as expected 30 41.67%
Unimpressed 17 23.61%
No Opinion 0 0%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-11, 11:18 PM   #85
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
Default Re: Skyrim graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
I hope they do it with DX11 but it looks all they bethesda are going to use DX11 patch for the Multi-threaded rendering(they said using DX11 in a small way). Bethesda are behind the times when it comes to graphics technology, even more so now they love the Xbox360.

In terms of graphics technology, Skyrim is a let down and they're living in 2006 still.
yet still manage to deliver the best looking world overall than any other game. Far superior big sprawling vistas to even crysis.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-11, 11:20 PM   #86
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle View Post
I appreciate your posts and screens, but your name has come up in recent discussions about troll like activity around here, which means you have drawn attention to your self by the way you choose to post. I gather you are less than 20yrs old from your attitudes and emphases. If you cut out some of the repetition I'm sure peoples perception of you will change. You will notice the more professional members make their points and then let those points stand on their own, they don't continue to dance around their points in an effort to keep drawing attention or to prove something in anothers eyes.
I just have strong opinions but any other game(like Crysis2) people moaned at the quality it was released as and calling it "maximum console port". Skyrim is worse in that respect, yet people use the gameplay as a high ground.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-11, 11:31 PM   #87
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
yet still manage to deliver the best looking world overall than any other game. Far superior big sprawling vistas to even crysis.
There are many reasons for that, one is rarely do devs do it because it requires a lot of resources. Making a game look pretty by doing nice vistas is not hard. If Skyrim was a PC developed game, it would be far superior than what it is, mind you, Bethesda have had over a decade of experience with this and a big development team.

Arcania Gothic 4 and The Witcher 2 beat Skyrim in ways and they're done by much smaller game studios, so does Just Cause 2 and their devs.
Old 11-16-11, 02:08 AM   #88
H3avyM3tal
SB's Twin Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
Sadly, we have to spend time looking at the things infront of us if we want to actually play. Otherwise? Maybe they should make a picture taking game of distant vistas.
Old 11-16-11, 02:43 AM   #89
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3avyM3tal View Post
Sadly, we have to spend time looking at the things infront of us if we want to actually play. Otherwise? Maybe they should make a picture taking game of distant vistas.
I think you guys are greatly overstating how bad it looks up close. People are just posting screenshots of the vistas because they are incredible.

There is nothing wrong with how this game looks up close. Sure, if you ram your screen right up against something it will be lower rez, but you can do that in just about every game, and honestly if you are immersed in a game you don't run around sticking your face against a wall to see if you can make it look bad.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-11, 10:03 AM   #90
munkus
Cold nose, warm heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
There is nothing wrong with how this game looks up close. Sure, if you ram your screen right up against something it will be lower rez, but you can do that in just about every game, and honestly if you are immersed in a game you don't run around sticking your face against a wall to see if you can make it look bad.
This right here.
munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-11, 10:05 AM   #91
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
I think you guys are greatly overstating how bad it looks up close. People are just posting screenshots of the vistas because they are incredible.

+1. There are certainly some stinkers that bethesda dropped the ball on but some areas up close are exceptionally done.

4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
Old 11-16-11, 12:07 PM   #92
Sean_W

Some of you guys are missing the point. The screenshots I took are the bad parts that shouldn't be like that. A lot of the game I've seen so far does look really nice and if I didn't like the graphics overall , I wouldn't be posting nice screenshots in the screenshot thread.

The game would look much better with the deferred lighting and that's why it pretty much looks washed out and the lighting looks way too soft. it's like Crysis actually, Crysis 2's deferred lighting system looks much nicer. The game and landscapes look nice but not as nice as if they updated their engine with new tech, though deferred lighting isn't that new and shows how far Bethesda's engine is behind.

It makes me chuckle a bit when people say they don't go around looking at walls and floors for the detail. Game developers spend time on that detail, hoping you will look at it and appreciate it. It's not all about looking starry eyed at sunsets and nice skies.

Old 11-16-11, 12:39 PM   #93
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Your missing the point Sean_W.
We don't need a thread like this for every game (you didn't start this one, but your fueling it)! You started one with Crysis 2 shortly after the release. You trashed RAGE. Now you complain about Skyrim. It's getting really, really old!

We don't need more negativity around here. The quality of the posts on this forum went down hill for quite some time now, you don't need to make it worse with these type of "discussions". You made your point clear a few months ago with Crysis 2. Hell, even in this thread you made your point very clear. Everyone here gets it.
Leave it at that, please.

Besides, if it would use a super fancy engine, it would perform much worse and that would result in other complaints - usually from the same guys.

This is a brilliant game - go enjoy it.
There you go again in thinking I don't enjoy the games. I clearly enjoy them more that most because I appreciate the small details and I don't run around with blinkers not looking at stuff.

Lots of people complained about RAGE and Crysis 2 and for good reason but lucky for us, Skyrim is very tweakable. The sh*tty defaults that Bethesda provided us with are what I mainly rant about. I'm enjoying the game but I'm switching between three RPG's at the moment because I enjoy them for their strengths.
Old 11-16-11, 01:18 PM   #94
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
There you go again in thinking I don't enjoy the games.
I don't think you do, I think everytime you see a low res texture in a game or a missing bumpmap you cut yourself.
Old 11-16-11, 01:22 PM   #95
Sean_W

Fair enough guys, I'll chill.
Old 11-17-11, 01:03 PM   #96
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

The version that sean_w mistakenly was sent.

- Server -

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012