Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-22-11, 06:36 AM   #601
Bah!

Default Re: Official Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Thread (PC version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dikinher View Post
I've seen them. There is little to no difference.
There is always one guy who claims that something isn't "worth it' or "doesn't make much difference" or whatever. I guess this time around that is you?

All I can say is that if you see little to no difference between a fully tweaked game and what you are playing you might want to go have your eyes checked. Hell, even just using uGrids at a higher setting than 5 makes a dramatic impact on the way the game looks.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/4240/ugrid15.jpg

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2339/ugrid111.jpg

That's just one tweak. Start playing with things like trees, grass, water, fog, fire, etc. and the difference is even more dramatic.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 07:00 AM   #602
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post
i have heard the issues with the update are all the fault of Valve and Steam

not surprising, Steam is utter crap
works fine...maybe its crashing for those people with a large number of customer mods.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 08:28 AM   #603
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

I maxed out my enchanting. Good... God...

Weapons deal incredible damage, destruction spell casting only costs 3% (virtually infinite magica) and I crafted "smithing" armor set that when worn combines for a 100% increase in quality of smithed items + a smithing potion for an extra 30% increase in quality.

I upgraded all my armor, lydia's armor and weapons to become "legendary"

Hoard all the soul gems you can. If you do the iron dagger smithing spam to build your smithing skills, you should have a billion iron daggers left over. don't sell them! enchant them with petty/common soul gems (in conjunction with training with babete or whatever the little girls name is at the dark brotherhood) to quickly raise your enchanting skill level. It HAS to be at 100 to enable the dual enchant perk which is HUGE.

Then sell all the enchanted daggers 1 by 1 (ideally with a necklace or ring that improves speechcraft and/or merchant haggling prices to get better gold) and selling a ton will build your speechcraft.

Anyhow, this is the result.

4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 08:31 AM   #604
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest

My new look for Lydia

| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 08:42 AM   #605
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by clitosaurus View Post
with the latest patch, i've uninstalled the game. way to **** on your community bethsoft..
pre-order cancelled.
what? pre-order cancelled, and yet you playing it?
Old 11-22-11, 09:10 AM   #606
clitosaurus
RAWR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
what? pre-order cancelled, and yet you playing it?
Oh come on, it was a meme joke. I bought the game, I played it, frankly I love it. I did uninstall it on one of my systems, its still installed on my laptop which is where I primarily playing it. Luckily my save games didn't go kaput. Also I don't like what the patch did to LAA, and with the "patch" I had nothing but CTD's and it pretty much made the game unplayable on my desktop. Basically I had to revert the exe back to the original and than I can continue to play without steam.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

NVIDIA Focus Group Member
NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.
clitosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 09:16 AM   #607
wysiwyg

your playing it on the system in your sig?

other than that i think your a

wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 09:32 AM   #608
clitosaurus
RAWR!!

Quote:
your playing it on the system in your sig?

other than that i think your a

Jesus crist can we drop this, and get back to the game? Quit being so hung up on what computer i'm playing it on, it doesn't make a difference one way or another.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

NVIDIA Focus Group Member
NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.

Old 11-22-11, 09:42 AM   #609
wysiwyg

but you cannot judge the game if your computer isnt running it how it should be with all the bells and whistles , get a console instead
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 09:43 AM   #610
ArrowMk84

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
I maxed out my enchanting. Good... God...

Weapons deal incredible damage, destruction spell casting only costs 3% (virtually infinite magica) and I crafted "smithing" armor set that when worn combines for a 100% increase in quality of smithed items + a smithing potion for an extra 30% increase in quality.

I upgraded all my armor, lydia's armor and weapons to become "legendary"

Hoard all the soul gems you can. If you do the iron dagger smithing spam to build your smithing skills, you should have a billion iron daggers left over. don't sell them! enchant them with petty/common soul gems (in conjunction with training with babete or whatever the little girls name is at the dark brotherhood) to quickly raise your enchanting skill level. It HAS to be at 100 to enable the dual enchant perk which is HUGE.

Then sell all the enchanted daggers 1 by 1 (ideally with a necklace or ring that improves speechcraft and/or merchant haggling prices to get better gold) and selling a ton will build your speechcraft.
<CACKLES MADLY> Well I know what I'm doing this weekend!

And regarding the trolling - I'm going to enjoy watching Bob go KGB on your asses.
Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6GHz | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz 9-10-9-27 | Dual EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3GB | Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro PCI-E | Intel 510 Series SSD 120 GB | 2x Raptor 600 GB RAID | 2TB WD Black | Lite-On 21x Blu-ray Burner | Corsair AX1200 Modular PSU | Silverstone FT02 | Corsair H60 with Dual Fans | Dell 3007-HC 30" LCD | Audioengine 5 & S8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
ArrowMk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 09:44 AM   #611
clitosaurus
RAWR!!

Quote:
but you cannot judge the game if your computer isnt running it how it should be with all the bells and whistles , get a console instead
Ha, if you only knew.
If you must know, its an i7, multi-gpu setup. specs don't matter unless you want to split hairs.
Old 11-22-11, 10:25 AM   #612
LurkerLito

Dam that's some nice gear. I should have spent some time doing that enchanting and smithing early on. I spent all my time and points on destruction magic. I do some serious damage now, but still I keep running out of Magicka in many battles. I have mana regen at 225% when I equip the 100% regen mask and you'd think that would be plenty for most things, but if you're in battle it seems that 225% regen is slowed noticeably so potions of magicka are still required.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote