Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-22-11, 02:53 PM   #25
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist
 
Peoples-Agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Berkshire, UK
Posts: 4,308
Default Re: Batman Arkham City 4 hours and counting!

Two lots of DRM shoved down your throat, hyping it up with nvidia endorsements left right and centre and out it comes a shoddy mess. Wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't being refused a refund on my pre-order. This has to be the only industry apart from the energy business where customers can be bent over and shafted and told to take it gracefully and walk away.

I am actually thinking piracy isn't such a bad thing after all. Atleast you get to sample what your getting, seeing as they stopped doing demos of games knowing they will be too much of a mess to let the public in on it. Slap extra Ts and Cs in EULAs and they've got your money without any come backs.

This is the very last gaming PC i'm buying, it just isn't worth the grief anymore.
__________________
For The Fallen
With proud thanksgiving, a mother for her children,
England mourns for her dead across the sea.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 02:58 PM   #26
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?
 
Mike89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: In California choking from all the liberal BS
Posts: 1,185
Default Re: Batman Arkham City 4 hours and counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent View Post
Two lots of DRM shoved down your throat, hyping it up with nvidia endorsements left right and centre and out it comes a shoddy mess. Wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't being refused a refund on my pre-order. This has to be the only industry apart from the energy business where customers can be bent over and shafted and told to take it gracefully and walk away.

I am actually thinking piracy isn't such a bad thing after all. Atleast you get to sample what your getting, seeing as they stopped doing demos of games knowing they will be too much of a mess to let the public in on it. Slap extra Ts and Cs in EULAs and they've got your money without any come backs.

This is the very last gaming PC i'm buying, it just isn't worth the grief anymore.

I think the behavior and implementation of all this stuff game makers put out drives a lot of people to torrents. I myself have gone that route for some time now. I get the game, if I like it I buy it and if I don't I un-install the game (call it the try before you buy approach). I also like the benefits of being able to play a game not having to use Steam. No multiplayer of course but I don't multiplay anyway.
__________________
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 03:04 PM   #27
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,948
Default Re: Batman Arkham City 4 hours and counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike89 View Post
I think the behavior and implementation of all this stuff game makers put out drives a lot of people to torrents. I myself have gone that route for some time now. I get the game, if I like it I buy it and if I don't I un-install the game. I also like the benefits of being able to play a game not having to use Steam. No multiplayer of course but I don't multiplay anyway.
I've bought legit games and used the crack to avoid DRM installation limitation.
__________________
i7-2600k @ 4.6Ghz, Zotac GTX 680 (1310/7000), 16GB DDR3 1600, 2 x 1TB Samsung F3 RAID 0, Windows 7 x64, CPU and GPU custom watercooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 03:06 PM   #28
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?
 
Mike89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: In California choking from all the liberal BS
Posts: 1,185
Default Re: Batman Arkham City 4 hours and counting!

Slawter I just stated what I do. I buy the games I like. You don't like my methods go cry to yo mama.

Quote:
I've bought legit games and used the crack to avoid DRM installation limitation.
About the same thing, I just do it in reverse. I get the game and then buy it.
__________________
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 03:10 PM   #29
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist
 
Peoples-Agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Berkshire, UK
Posts: 4,308
Default Re: Batman Arkham City 4 hours and counting!

If I would have had a demo of this game, tried out the DX11 features, they were found to be broken they would be forced to either issue a statement like "We will work closely with ATI/nVidia to have it fixed for launch" or simply have to acknowledge what's gone on.

Going to wait for feedback from now on.
__________________
For The Fallen
With proud thanksgiving, a mother for her children,
England mourns for her dead across the sea.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 03:37 PM   #30
Q
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,808
Default Re: Batman Arkham City 4 hours and counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
I've bought legit games and used the crack to avoid DRM installation limitation.
Anyone who's been into PC gaming for as long as we have knows that you have to use cracks from time to time for legit purposes - especially if you buy retail. Steam's actually made things much easier for me. I remember having to use a crack to play the retail version of GTA:SA when it came out. It was miserable. For the record, Rockstar and SecuRom were both great to work with and eventually built me a custom EXE. I can't say the same for those bastards over at the TrackMania studios.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 03:41 PM   #31
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Batman Arkham City 4 hours and counting!

I see this thread closing in the near future since you guys are talking about pirating.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 03:50 PM   #32
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Batman Arkham City 4 hours and counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent View Post
Two lots of DRM shoved down your throat, hyping it up with nvidia endorsements left right and centre and out it comes a shoddy mess. Wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't being refused a refund on my pre-order. This has to be the only industry apart from the energy business where customers can be bent over and shafted and told to take it gracefully and walk away.

I am actually thinking piracy isn't such a bad thing after all. Atleast you get to sample what your getting, seeing as they stopped doing demos of games knowing they will be too much of a mess to let the public in on it. Slap extra Ts and Cs in EULAs and they've got your money without any come backs.

This is the very last gaming PC i'm buying, it just isn't worth the grief anymore.


I'm glad someone else is seeing what I've been seeing for the past couple of months. PC gamers are getting screwed left and right, and the people who makes the games don't give a flip. Why should we support companies that continue to give us the shaft with every release? I stopped supporting such garbage with my wallet.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-22-11, 04:37 PM   #33
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,948
Default Re: Batman Arkham City 4 hours and counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post


I'm glad someone else is seeing what I've been seeing for the past couple of months. PC gamers are getting screwed left and right, and the people who makes the games don't give a flip. Why should we support companies that continue to give us the shaft with every release? I stopped supporting such garbage with my wallet.
Im sorry but going to a console for gaming isn't a viable alternative. The kids play their dancing games and mario games on the 360 and Wii. Playing a shooter with noob sticks is just disgraceful. If I had to do it on the TV with noob sticks... I think I'd rather just give up gaming altogether. I couldn't do it on a console... I've tried and it's just a horrible experience with low res muddy textures, its not the gaming I know.
__________________
i7-2600k @ 4.6Ghz, Zotac GTX 680 (1310/7000), 16GB DDR3 1600, 2 x 1TB Samsung F3 RAID 0, Windows 7 x64, CPU and GPU custom watercooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 05:38 PM   #34
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Batman Arkham City 4 hours and counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
Im sorry but going to a console for gaming isn't a viable alternative. The kids play their dancing games and mario games on the 360 and Wii. Playing a shooter with noob sticks is just disgraceful. If I had to do it on the TV with noob sticks... I think I'd rather just give up gaming altogether. I couldn't do it on a console... I've tried and it's just a horrible experience with low res muddy textures, its not the gaming I know.
If you stick with PC gaming, then more power to you. I hate to see a game like Batman AC come out a whole month AFTER the consoles and yet the PC gamers STILL get the short end of the stick. Might as well get used to this "disappointed" feeling from now on as game devs aren't going to put in the effort for the AAA titles any more.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 05:51 PM   #35
Destroy
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,994
Default Re: Batman Arkham City 4 hours and counting!

The trick it to wait. Patches, drivers and mods fixes most PC games...but its not brainless and takes effort.

If you want simple or easy gaming, yeah go with the console version.
__________________

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 07:06 PM   #36
Viral
Registered User of Women
 
Viral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,523
Default Re: Batman Arkham City 4 hours and counting!

It's not always worth waiting. The game should definitely be worth the $39 I payed back in oct when it was much cheaper on steam + the discount for owning AA. $39 is damn cheap for an AA game in Australia, we usually pay 40% more. I also got Anno 2070 for the US price of $49 too before it went to the retarded australian price of $79 (steam pricing database mistake I guess). Of course they (or more likely Ubi) also stuffed up and uploaded a encrypted version that no one could play, but waiting a day for them to fix that was worth a saving of $30.
__________________
Q9550 w/ Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme | 4GB Team Xtreme Dark 800MHz CL4 | Gigabyte X48-DS5
ASUS Radeon 5870 | 240GB OCZ Vertex 2 | 1TB WD Green Power | BenQ V2400W 24" LCD
Corsair HX-1000w | LG GGW-H20L 6x DL Blu-Ray Burner/HD-DVD Reader | Coolermaster Cosmos S

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.