Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-22-11, 02:53 PM   #25
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Default Re: Batman Arkham City 4 hours and counting!

Two lots of DRM shoved down your throat, hyping it up with nvidia endorsements left right and centre and out it comes a shoddy mess. Wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't being refused a refund on my pre-order. This has to be the only industry apart from the energy business where customers can be bent over and shafted and told to take it gracefully and walk away.

I am actually thinking piracy isn't such a bad thing after all. Atleast you get to sample what your getting, seeing as they stopped doing demos of games knowing they will be too much of a mess to let the public in on it. Slap extra Ts and Cs in EULAs and they've got your money without any come backs.

This is the very last gaming PC i'm buying, it just isn't worth the grief anymore.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 02:58 PM   #26
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent View Post
Two lots of DRM shoved down your throat, hyping it up with nvidia endorsements left right and centre and out it comes a shoddy mess. Wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't being refused a refund on my pre-order. This has to be the only industry apart from the energy business where customers can be bent over and shafted and told to take it gracefully and walk away.

I am actually thinking piracy isn't such a bad thing after all. Atleast you get to sample what your getting, seeing as they stopped doing demos of games knowing they will be too much of a mess to let the public in on it. Slap extra Ts and Cs in EULAs and they've got your money without any come backs.

This is the very last gaming PC i'm buying, it just isn't worth the grief anymore.

I think the behavior and implementation of all this stuff game makers put out drives a lot of people to torrents. I myself have gone that route for some time now. I get the game, if I like it I buy it and if I don't I un-install the game (call it the try before you buy approach). I also like the benefits of being able to play a game not having to use Steam. No multiplayer of course but I don't multiplay anyway.
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 03:04 PM   #27
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike89 View Post
I think the behavior and implementation of all this stuff game makers put out drives a lot of people to torrents. I myself have gone that route for some time now. I get the game, if I like it I buy it and if I don't I un-install the game. I also like the benefits of being able to play a game not having to use Steam. No multiplayer of course but I don't multiplay anyway.
I've bought legit games and used the crack to avoid DRM installation limitation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 03:06 PM   #28
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

Slawter I just stated what I do. I buy the games I like. You don't like my methods go cry to yo mama.

Quote:
I've bought legit games and used the crack to avoid DRM installation limitation.
About the same thing, I just do it in reverse. I get the game and then buy it.
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 03:10 PM   #29
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

If I would have had a demo of this game, tried out the DX11 features, they were found to be broken they would be forced to either issue a statement like "We will work closely with ATI/nVidia to have it fixed for launch" or simply have to acknowledge what's gone on.

Going to wait for feedback from now on.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 03:37 PM   #30
Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
Anyone who's been into PC gaming for as long as we have knows that you have to use cracks from time to time for legit purposes - especially if you buy retail. Steam's actually made things much easier for me. I remember having to use a crack to play the retail version of GTA:SA when it came out. It was miserable. For the record, Rockstar and SecuRom were both great to work with and eventually built me a custom EXE. I can't say the same for those bastards over at the TrackMania studios.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 03:41 PM   #31
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

I see this thread closing in the near future since you guys are talking about pirating.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 03:50 PM   #32
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent View Post

I'm glad someone else is seeing what I've been seeing for the past couple of months. PC gamers are getting screwed left and right, and the people who makes the games don't give a flip. Why should we support companies that continue to give us the shaft with every release? I stopped supporting such garbage with my wallet.

Old 11-22-11, 04:37 PM   #33
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post

I'm glad someone else is seeing what I've been seeing for the past couple of months. PC gamers are getting screwed left and right, and the people who makes the games don't give a flip. Why should we support companies that continue to give us the shaft with every release? I stopped supporting such garbage with my wallet.
Im sorry but going to a console for gaming isn't a viable alternative. The kids play their dancing games and mario games on the 360 and Wii. Playing a shooter with noob sticks is just disgraceful. If I had to do it on the TV with noob sticks... I think I'd rather just give up gaming altogether. I couldn't do it on a console... I've tried and it's just a horrible experience with low res muddy textures, its not the gaming I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 05:38 PM   #34
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
Im sorry but going to a console for gaming isn't a viable alternative. The kids play their dancing games and mario games on the 360 and Wii. Playing a shooter with noob sticks is just disgraceful. If I had to do it on the TV with noob sticks... I think I'd rather just give up gaming altogether. I couldn't do it on a console... I've tried and it's just a horrible experience with low res muddy textures, its not the gaming I know.
If you stick with PC gaming, then more power to you. I hate to see a game like Batman AC come out a whole month AFTER the consoles and yet the PC gamers STILL get the short end of the stick. Might as well get used to this "disappointed" feeling from now on as game devs aren't going to put in the effort for the AAA titles any more.
Old 11-22-11, 05:51 PM   #35
Destroy

The trick it to wait. Patches, drivers and mods fixes most PC games...but its not brainless and takes effort.

If you want simple or easy gaming, yeah go with the console version.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 07:06 PM   #36
Viral
Registered User of Women

It's not always worth waiting. The game should definitely be worth the $39 I payed back in oct when it was much cheaper on steam + the discount for owning AA. $39 is damn cheap for an AA game in Australia, we usually pay 40% more. I also got Anno 2070 for the US price of $49 too before it went to the retarded australian price of $79 (steam pricing database mistake I guess). Of course they (or more likely Ubi) also stuffed up and uploaded a encrypted version that no one could play, but waiting a day for them to fix that was worth a saving of $30.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote