Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-22-11, 08:14 PM   #625
ArrowMk84

Default Re: Official Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Thread (PC version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOJAR View Post
Do you have to run this every time of just the once?
You run it every time. It lets steam do it's DRM check and it then creates a copy of the TESV exe that patches to have the 4GB flag. When the game exits, it gets rid of the 4GB version.

And I just played with it for a little bit, and the new "official" release seems to work fine.
Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6GHz | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz 9-10-9-27 | Dual EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3GB | Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro PCI-E | Intel 510 Series SSD 120 GB | 2x Raptor 600 GB RAID | 2TB WD Black | Lite-On 21x Blu-ray Burner | Corsair AX1200 Modular PSU | Silverstone FT02 | Corsair H60 with Dual Fans | Dell 3007-HC 30" LCD | Audioengine 5 & S8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
ArrowMk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 08:36 PM   #626
dikinher
Grab em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
what i really don't understand this LAA patching has been around for years and years, and yet developers have not realized that they should enable this from the start in retail exe.
Because the LLA is nothing but a placebo effect. If it was truly effective, I am sure Bethesda would use it. The game doesn't even use more than 2gb anyways. I have no crashes with this game at all. The previous games like Fallout 3 and New Vegas I had some crashes and the Memory patch did little to nothing to reduce or eliminate CTDs.
Old 11-22-11, 09:05 PM   #627
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by dikinher View Post
Because the LLA is nothing but a placebo effect. If it was truly effective, I am sure Bethesda would use it. The game doesn't even use more than 2gb anyways. I have no crashes with this game at all. The previous games like Fallout 3 and New Vegas I had some crashes and the Memory patch did little to nothing to reduce or eliminate CTDs.
You're dumb. Explain how adding LAA will stop numerous peoples games from crashing, including mine, every few minutes. Must just be placebo effect... derp
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 09:08 PM   #628
-=DVS=-
.:. Lafiel .:.

Quote:
Its not placebo , without it i get CTD playing for a little bit and occasional purple textures in the world.
With LLA can max out setting with texture mods and never experience any CTD or missing textures.
Old 11-22-11, 09:21 PM   #629
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=DVS=- View Post
Its not placebo , without it i get CTD playing for a little bit and occasional purple textures in the world.
With LLA can max out setting with texture mods and never experience any CTD or missing textures.
BUT BUT BUTTT!! because he doesn't have the problem, that must mean that no one else does either.
Old 11-22-11, 09:29 PM   #630
clitosaurus
RAWR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
BUT BUT BUTTT!! because he doesn't have the problem, that must mean that no one else does either.
This is exactly what I posted earlier, yet he jumps on my back for thinking this patch somehow broke my pirated copy.

Seriously, Bethesda and Steam patched my pirated copy to break it. Seriously....
clitosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 09:30 PM   #631
dikinher
Grab em!

Quote:
You're dumb. Explain how adding LAA will stop numerous peoples games from crashing, including mine, every few minutes. Must just be placebo effect... derp
I never said LAA would stop games from crashing. I've been saying that it is useless because the game doesn't use more than 2gb.
Old 11-22-11, 09:32 PM   #632
clitosaurus
RAWR!!

Quote:
I never said LAA would stop games from crashing. I've been saying that it is useless because the game doesn't use more than 2gb.
The mere fact that the LAA hack even exists.....

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

NVIDIA Focus Group Member
NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.

Old 11-22-11, 09:33 PM   #633
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
I know that. You are trying to say LAA doesn't help with fixing crashes, when in fact it has helped a bunch of people including myself. But, like you said, must just be placebo effect and I should just pretend that my game isn't actually crashing without LAA.
Old 11-22-11, 10:15 PM   #634
dikinher
Grab em!

Quote:
I know that. You are trying to say LAA doesn't help with fixing crashes, when in fact it has helped a bunch of people including myself. But, like you said, must just be placebo effect and I should just pretend that my game isn't actually crashing without LAA.
If it did, I am sure Bethesda would take notice and implement their own fix for said issue. I just can't see how some here are getting crashes when I am not and others I know aren't either. Maybe Bethesda should start putting "Tweak/Mod at your own risk" on their boxes so people get the idea.
Old 11-22-11, 10:20 PM   #635
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
If it did, I am sure Bethesda would take notice and implement their own fix for said issue. I just can't see how some here are getting crashes when I am not and others I know aren't either. Maybe Bethesda should start putting "Tweak/Mod at your own risk" on their boxes so people get the idea.
Your logic is retarded. People have issues on games other people might never have all the time. Why do you think developers always release patches to try and fix those select cases? No one system will ever behave like any other system.

Look at how many bugs Skyrim currently has, guess those are placebo effect too. lmfao
Old 11-22-11, 10:25 PM   #636
clitosaurus
RAWR!!

Quote:
hahahaha, do you own skyrim?

Roadhog, the bugs are unannounced features.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

NVIDIA Focus Group Member
NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.