Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-24-11, 12:43 AM   #649
ElL33t
Brobama

Default Re: Official Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Thread (PC version)

I like this area of the game.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BLIND.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	287.1 KB
ID:	43457  
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-11, 01:04 AM   #650
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-11, 05:12 AM   #651
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Really looking forward to the patch, hopefully make the game more stable for modding purposes.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-11, 06:01 AM   #652
z44

This game is INSANE

So many quests, and i haven't really done **** yet.

So many buildings, doors and corridors go on forever.

So many people, ... INSANE I TELL YOU

I'm a bit freaked out to be honest, there's just TOO MUCH to do :mind=blown:

Graphics are sweet, and i will tell you why ... Graphics are good compared to resources needed.
It just runs very smoothly, VERY smoothly if you consider what graphics you can get with just a mediocre system .
z44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-11, 10:24 PM   #653
Bigbuck

Send a message via MSN to Bigbuck

Never really looked at the Elder Scrolls games. What do they play like? For example is it similar to the new Fallout games?
Old 11-24-11, 10:31 PM   #654
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

very similar in mechanics but a much more refined AI system, far more detailed environments and what not and obviously different weapons and combat but the FEEL of the game is similar to fallout/oblivion/etc
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-11, 12:17 AM   #655
TheANIMAL

Gotta say am loving Skyrim, but i think i need to start over because magic gameplay just isn't quite cutting it, its a lot of fun to start with but pretty much using the same low level spell is working for me better than using the higher lever spells. I just need more armour and enchant it all to boost my magicka and destruction casting.
TheANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-11, 01:16 AM   #656
K007

double post soz
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-25-11, 01:18 AM   #657
K007

hmm this is gay...

it turns out if u disable vsync in the game..it breaks a lot of things...

i disabled it because i was getting really bad input lag...felt very..restrictive..kinda like space walking or something...

this probably explains why **** starts to fly in rooms when i enter lol

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php...disable-vsync/

Quote:
The number one "fix" on this forum for Skyrim is to disable vSync through the "iPresentInterval = 0" tweak in the INI file. However over the last week or so it's come to many people's attention that disabling vSync this way causes all manner of bugs and glitches.

Notice that even if you force vSync through your GPU's control panel, Radeon Pro, DXD3Overrider etc, these bugs will still persist. The only way to stop them, unless noted otherwise, is to set iPresentInterval to 1.

Crazy Physics
Allowing your FPS to go over 60fps causes the physics engine to go a bit out of control. The slightest touch, even opening a door, can send pots and pans 10 foot away flying all over the place. Whilst this may seem funny, it can have disastrous consequences if a really important item flies so fast it gltches out of the playable area.

This can however be solved by limiting your FPS to 60.

Day and time out of sync
With iPresentInterval disabled, the time and day will gradually go out of sync. Shadows update correctly, shops close and open at the right time and the sun sets and rises correctly. However the physical day (for example Turdas) won't change until 5pm. This not only breaks immersion, but can also break some quests where the AI relies on the actual day changing.

NOTE: It has been confirmed that this will cause NPC schedules to go out of sync, and does break some quests.

This cannot be fixed with a FPS clamp, or by forcing vSync externally.

How to fix this even after enabling vSync again - click here

Flickering Water
Only happens on certain systems, however it happens to me. Water LOD is fine, however once you approach the water it constantly flickers when you move the camera.

This can be fixed by forcing vSync externally.

Y Axis Camera Issues
The Y axis of the camera seems to be tied to your FPS when iPresentInterval is disabled. This causes your X axis to function correctly, however your Y axis will alternate terribly over-sensitive and sluggish.

This can be lessened through some INI tweaking and a FPS clamp, however won't really go away completely.

Additional timing issues
Having iPresentInterval set to 0 seems to give some (after an extensive playthrough) delay with certain functions. Namely receiving items off NPCs and getting markers added to the map. These things happen 5-10 seconds after they should.

This cannot be fixed with a FPS clamp, or by forcing vSync externally.

Hopefully this will give people a little heads up.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-11, 03:09 AM   #658
TheANIMAL

Thanks for the heads up, i will keep an eye out for the time of day "hidden feature". ;-)
TheANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-11, 10:29 AM   #659
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
hmm this is gay...

it turns out if u disable vsync in the game..it breaks a lot of things...

i disabled it because i was getting really bad input lag...felt very..restrictive..kinda like space walking or something...

this probably explains why **** starts to fly in rooms when i enter lol

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php...disable-vsync/
This is not really a problem with Skyrim but more a problem with how windows 7 timers work
if you want more info on the why and how look up Time Stamp Counter and PM Timer

but forcing win7 to use the PM Timer only will allow you to run skyrim with "iPresentInterval = 0" without the funky side effects

Dont do this blindly go and read about it first a good round up of info can be found here

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...php?p=19335129

under the HPET Tweak! section

windows tweak is as follows

Cmd run as admin

bcdedit /set useplatformclock true

Log off/reboot

As i said go read about it FIRST,if you dont and do it blindly & it ****s up your system dont blame me
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-11, 10:53 AM   #660
ArrowMk84

Quote:
Originally Posted by omzig View Post
This is not really a problem with Skyrim but more a problem with how windows 7 timers work
if you want more info on the why and how look up Time Stamp Counter and PM Timer

but forcing win7 to use the PM Timer only will allow you to run skyrim with "iPresentInterval = 0" without the funky side effects

Dont do this blindly go and read about it first a good round up of info can be found here

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...php?p=19335129

under the HPET Tweak! section

windows tweak is as follows

Cmd run as admin

bcdedit /set useplatformclock true

Log off/reboot

As i said go read about it FIRST,if you dont and do it blindly & it ****s up your system dont blame me
I don't get why so many people want vsync off. If it's smoothness and frame rate consistence you're worried about, just force triple buffering and call it a day (that's what I did). Personally, I can't stand the tearing in games with vsync off.
Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6GHz | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz 9-10-9-27 | Dual EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3GB | Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro PCI-E | Intel 510 Series SSD 120 GB | 2x Raptor 600 GB RAID | 2TB WD Black | Lite-On 21x Blu-ray Burner | Corsair AX1200 Modular PSU | Silverstone FT02 | Corsair H60 with Dual Fans | Dell 3007-HC 30" LCD | Audioengine 5 & S8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
ArrowMk84 is offline   Reply With Quote