Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-22-11, 08:46 AM   #61
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Thread (Console)

As much as I love MW3, I finally beat SP and thought it was rather "meh". Great action no doubt but the story wasn't as good as CoD4. I honestly thought the Gears trilogy had a million times better story than CoD ever has.

MP is still king IMO right now and I love playing. Can wait to get back on XBL later this week!
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-11, 05:58 PM   #62
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Thread (Console)

So I bought BF3 last night, played for about one hour and I was bored extremely quick. While the sounds and graphics are "better" in their own way, MW3 still pwns BF3 as a whole. Traded BF3 in today, got more money than what I spent on it, and bought 3 games from Gamestop.

I'm finally up to level 69 on MW3. I'd still have to say my favorite gun would be between the SCAR and the Type 95; awesome guns.

Hit me up on XBL: sixst0rm <- The "O" is a zero.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-11, 12:58 PM   #63
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Thread (Console)

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
So I bought BF3 last night, played for about one hour and I was bored extremely quick. While the sounds and graphics are "better" in their own way, MW3 still pwns BF3 as a whole. Traded BF3 in today, got more money than what I spent on it, and bought 3 games from Gamestop.

I'm finally up to level 69 on MW3. I'd still have to say my favorite gun would be between the SCAR and the Type 95; awesome guns.

Hit me up on XBL: sixst0rm <- The "O" is a zero.
That's because you're playing a PC game on a console. The PC opinions are exactly the opposite, with BF3 rated much higher than MW3.

MW3 is designed with consoles in mind. I never understood why people always want to compare the two franchises, not only do they cater to very different styles of gameplay, they aren't even based on the same fundamental design principles.

All of my XBL friends enjoy MW3 much more than BF3, and from the sounds of it BF3, isn't nearly as polished on 360 as it is on PC. Similarly, I saw MW3 on 360 this weekend (brother brought it home), and it seems smoother and more polished than on PC.

As long as you're having fun, it doesn't matter which franchise you choose.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-11, 03:25 PM   #64
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Thread (Console)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
That's because you're playing a PC game on a console. The PC opinions are exactly the opposite, with BF3 rated much higher than MW3.

MW3 is designed with consoles in mind. I never understood why people always want to compare the two franchises, not only do they cater to very different styles of gameplay, they aren't even based on the same fundamental design principles.

All of my XBL friends enjoy MW3 much more than BF3, and from the sounds of it BF3, isn't nearly as polished on 360 as it is on PC. Similarly, I saw MW3 on 360 this weekend (brother brought it home), and it seems smoother and more polished than on PC.

As long as you're having fun, it doesn't matter which franchise you choose.
Not trying to compare the two so much, I just prefer the faster style action that MW3 provides. BF3 does have the better graphics and sound (if you were to compare those features) but as far as gameplay, game style and just overall fun factor, I prefer MW3. Even if I had both on PC, I would still play MW3 more than BF3 simply because of the fast gameplay, game style and fun factor. BF3 tends to be more of a "take your time" kind of game IMO and I don't have a ton of time to play video games like I used to; I feel like I can get a lot more done in MW3 than BF3.

I was actually talking to some people in line this weekend and I did meet a guy who all of his buddies play BF3 instead of MW3 on the XBOX. I said "Hey, if you like BF3 better, than by all means go for it!" I'm all about having fun, not worrying about graphics and blah blah.

I'm just glad I got my money back for BF3, I was a little worried about buying it in the first place but I wanted to give it an honest shot before ditching it. Not trying to troll on this comment, but if I bought a PC copy, I would've been stuck with it. Jussayin.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-11, 06:56 PM   #65
Logical
Registered User
 
Logical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,523
Default Re: Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Thread (Console)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
That's because you're playing a PC game on a console. The PC opinions are exactly the opposite, with BF3 rated much higher than MW3.

MW3 is designed with consoles in mind. I never understood why people always want to compare the two franchises, not only do they cater to very different styles of gameplay, they aren't even based on the same fundamental design principles.

All of my XBL friends enjoy MW3 much more than BF3, and from the sounds of it BF3, isn't nearly as polished on 360 as it is on PC. Similarly, I saw MW3 on 360 this weekend (brother brought it home), and it seems smoother and more polished than on PC.

As long as you're having fun, it doesn't matter which franchise you choose.
I can confirm that this is nowhere near correct. In what way is it more polished and how is 30fps smoother than 90fps ? Have both versions (my son has the 360 version) and the PC version is better visual quality wise and also Pc have dedicated servers.... Keep elite on console i couldn't care less about it being released for PC. The game itself is hardly any different apart from the 2 things i mentioned...Smoother and slightly better visuals (high res and high fps do that to a game)...
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-11, 07:03 PM   #66
Logical
Registered User
 
Logical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,523
Default Re: Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Thread (Console)

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
Not trying to compare the two so much, I just prefer the faster style action that MW3 provides. BF3 does have the better graphics and sound (if you were to compare those features) but as far as gameplay, game style and just overall fun factor, I prefer MW3. Even if I had both on PC, I would still play MW3 more than BF3 simply because of the fast gameplay, game style and fun factor. BF3 tends to be more of a "take your time" kind of game IMO and I don't have a ton of time to play video games like I used to; I feel like I can get a lot more done in MW3 than BF3.

I was actually talking to some people in line this weekend and I did meet a guy who all of his buddies play BF3 instead of MW3 on the XBOX. I said "Hey, if you like BF3 better, than by all means go for it!" I'm all about having fun, not worrying about graphics and blah blah.

I'm just glad I got my money back for BF3, I was a little worried about buying it in the first place but I wanted to give it an honest shot before ditching it. Not trying to troll on this comment, but if I bought a PC copy, I would've been stuck with it. Jussayin.
+1 for bold comment, I like BF3 a lot but i love the gameplay of MW3...even in P2P lobbys on public and yes...i will be getting the next CoD come Nov 2012. I wonder if BF3 would have been as popular on PC if it had been named BFBC3 instead and the devs (although they didnt) told us it was developed firstly on console (not impossible)....I wonder how many people would have cried port ?

just sayin
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-11, 07:30 PM   #67
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Thread (Console)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
+1 for bold comment, I like BF3 a lot but i love the gameplay of MW3...even in P2P lobbys on public and yes...i will be getting the next CoD come Nov 2012. I wonder if BF3 would have been as popular on PC if it had been named BFBC3 instead and the devs (although they didnt) told us it was developed firstly on console (not impossible)....I wonder how many people would have cried port ?

just sayin


BF3 was "made for the PC" primarily, therefore BF3 is very popular on the PC.

Quote:
I can confirm that this is nowhere near correct. In what way is it more polished and how is 30fps smoother than 90fps ? Have both versions (my son has the 360 version) and the PC version is better visual quality wise and also Pc have dedicated servers.... Keep elite on console i couldn't care less about it being released for PC. The game itself is hardly any different apart from the 2 things i mentioned...Smoother and slightly better visuals (high res and high fps do that to a game)...
I thought that MW3 on the 360 ran at 60FPS and BF3 for the 360 was locked at 30FPS?

The 360 version looks excellent, has a constant framerate and P2P works with rare (if any) issues. I'll sacrifice a little "boost" in graphics and take the 360 version and play with my friends and co-workers, not to mention the ease of no tweaks.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-11, 07:46 PM   #68
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Thread (Console)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
I can confirm that this is nowhere near correct. In what way is it more polished and how is 30fps smoother than 90fps ? Have both versions (my son has the 360 version) and the PC version is better visual quality wise and also Pc have dedicated servers.... Keep elite on console i couldn't care less about it being released for PC. The game itself is hardly any different apart from the 2 things i mentioned...Smoother and slightly better visuals (high res and high fps do that to a game)...
Just my opinion. The animations and registration looked smoother than on PC. The PC version's textures look much better. I still think it feels bulky and strange tbh. Maybe I played too much Black Ops, idk...
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-11, 06:05 AM   #69
Logical
Registered User
 
Logical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,523
Default Re: Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Thread (Console)

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post


BF3 was "made for the PC" primarily, therefore BF3 is very popular on the PC.



I thought that MW3 on the 360 ran at 60FPS and BF3 for the 360 was locked at 30FPS?

The 360 version looks excellent, has a constant framerate and P2P works with rare (if any) issues. I'll sacrifice a little "boost" in graphics and take the 360 version and play with my friends and co-workers, not to mention the ease of no tweaks.
The 360 version does look good and to the untrained eye there would not be any difference. You might be right about the 60fps btw but when i did play it on 360 i did notice the difference in fps drop, just as i would if i played the PC version at 125fps then dropped it to 90.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Just my opinion. The animations and registration looked smoother than on PC. The PC version's textures look much better. I still think it feels bulky and strange tbh. Maybe I played too much Black Ops, idk...
Yeah that would be the 90fps limit causing that, i too noticed it when i first switched from Black ops...Hard to tell with the eye but the feel of it when using a mouse is noticeable, it was the same with MW2 after i had played CoD4 at 250 fps. This is why when using a controller it isnt as noticeable at 30/60 fps on a console.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-11, 12:28 PM   #70
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Thread (Console)

These guys win without a single kill.

ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.