Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-18-11, 02:42 PM   #433
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Official Starcraft 2 Feedback Thread

Anybody still playing this game? I got really bored of all the FPS games I owned and picked this one back up to play every once in a while.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 05:43 PM   #434
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

I stopped for a while. Kinda bummed the next game isn't coming till next year. ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-11, 04:21 AM   #435
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR

Yip, Still play myself .... Only multilayer though, I still haven't even completed the single player campaign yet.
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-11, 10:42 AM   #436
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

I've been playing against AI to get my skills back up to par before I go back online. I would get brutally beat when I played online sometimes.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-11, 04:08 AM   #437
Vardant

If you're not watching GSL right now - http://www.gomtv.net/2011gslsponsors2/live/ you're missing some amazing stuff.
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-11, 12:17 PM   #438
Redeemed

So I just bought this on the their sale for $30. Saw my friends playing it and thought it looked like a lot of fun. Not a big starcraft fan, never played any previous starcraft game. However I enjoyed C&C3 a lot and this one reminds me of that game... but a bit different. Looking forward to enjoying it.

However I'm reminded why I should never purchase another Blizzard game again- their horrible content delivery system. If I buy a game off of steam it is downloaded with the latest updates already installed. No downloading the original game, then having to download and install all the patches, so on and so forth. Just buy it, download it, and play it. With blizzards content delivery system it is so much more time consuming. Probably wouldn't be so bad if I lived in a large city with high speed internet I suppose but out here in the sticks on my DSL connection it took forever to DL the 22 updates. Why not include them in the original DL? Why make them seperate?

Frustrating is all.

EDIT: Okay so the downloader disappears after it installed those 22 updates. So I just went to fire up the game- OH 6 MOAR UPDATES!!! Good grief, I wont be able to play this game at all until tomorrow. Was hoping to fire it up before work but nope.

Yeah, don't think I'll buy another Blizzard title. This is just annoying.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-11, 05:18 PM   #439
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
So I just bought this on the their sale for $30. Saw my friends playing it and thought it looked like a lot of fun. Not a big starcraft fan, never played any previous starcraft game. However I enjoyed C&C3 a lot and this one reminds me of that game... but a bit different. Looking forward to enjoying it.

However I'm reminded why I should never purchase another Blizzard game again- their horrible content delivery system. If I buy a game off of steam it is downloaded with the latest updates already installed. No downloading the original game, then having to download and install all the patches, so on and so forth. Just buy it, download it, and play it. With blizzards content delivery system it is so much more time consuming. Probably wouldn't be so bad if I lived in a large city with high speed internet I suppose but out here in the sticks on my DSL connection it took forever to DL the 22 updates. Why not include them in the original DL? Why make them seperate?

Frustrating is all.

EDIT: Okay so the downloader disappears after it installed those 22 updates. So I just went to fire up the game- OH 6 MOAR UPDATES!!! Good grief, I wont be able to play this game at all until tomorrow. Was hoping to fire it up before work but nope.

Yeah, don't think I'll buy another Blizzard title. This is just annoying.
you..do realise...you could have just downloaded the .exe full update patch instead of using blizzards downloader :/....
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-11, 11:04 PM   #440
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
you..do realise...you could have just downloaded the .exe full update patch instead of using blizzards downloader :/....
From where?

Old 11-27-11, 12:54 AM   #441
K007

http://bit.ly/uIcKZK
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-11, 07:32 AM   #442
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
OH! Completely misunderstood you.

I thought you meant I could have downloaded the full game, patched and everything, from somewhere (not a torrent or whatever). Yeah, I'd have had to DL the game from Blizzard then I could have gone to fileplanet or wherever and gotten the latest patch... pretty much the same as just DL'ing from Blizzard though imo. Just frustrating that they don't implement their DLC like Steam does- you buy it and DL the latest, fully patched version from the get-go. No extra waiting at all.

Got to fire it up for 10 Minutes yesterday before work. Not really had a chance to actually play it though. Will be home late afternoon and I have tomorrow off so...