ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR
Default Re: Skyrim Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanzagar View Post
Removed the link?

You putting on Nexus ATOJAR?
Nope, I kind of f****d up! ... I took all the mods i use and have saved on my HDD(none where created by me)and thought it might be a good idea to make them all into one(650MB+)large easy to install texture pack to make everybody's life alot easier.

Turns out the modders over at Nexus may not like that very much(i heard on another forum). I took the link down.

I don't wanna piss anybody off and my initial intentions where purely innocent, I suppose i didn't really think about what i was doing when i did it.
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-11, 12:52 PM   #27
Vanzagar
Bring me Amberlamps

Hey, how is the stability and usefulness of the latest patch? I turned off steam right after I installed Skyrim at launch, should I turn Steam back on and patch it?

Some quick q's:

1. will it mess up my save games?
2. Will it mess up my MODs? They are mostly texture/mesh replacements I think... oh except I think I bumped up ugrids...
3. Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks,

Rob
Vanzagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-11, 03:55 AM   #28
Ancient76
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOJAR View Post
Started using this mod myself ... Looks just insane.

Serious HD Re-texture Landscape Skyrim
This mod looks like sh*t!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Core 2 Duo E8400 4.2GHz / Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu
Asus P5Q Pro
Kingston DDR2 / 2x2GB
MSI 5850 Twin Frozr II
ASUS 22" VW220T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA II
Corsair HX620W
Sharkoon Rebel 9
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-11, 04:11 AM   #29
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient76 View Post
This mod looks like sh*t!!!
Uhh ok. Any reasoning? I have it and I think it looks awesome. One of the few that actually keeps the general spirit of the original textures while increasing the quality. IMO, textures that completely change the nature and look of the original that the game was designed with look like crap because theres always somewhere they don't blend right.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-11, 06:36 PM   #30
Ancient76
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Uhh ok. Any reasoning? I have it and I think it looks awesome. One of the few that actually keeps the general spirit of the original textures while increasing the quality. IMO, textures that completely change the nature and look of the original that the game was designed with look like crap because theres always somewhere they don't blend right.
You can't just throw free site textures in game.

Quality of textures is not good enough. They don't blend good and they are wrong.
In this mod below Aspen tree you have some totally different types of leaves, which are 4 times bigger then leaves on branches. Below Aspen tree should be Aspen leaves.
Textures must be designed.

Btw, i'm preparing a texture mod called Skyrim: Realistic. Something that actually make sense:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php...#entry19612030
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asus P5Q Pro
Kingston DDR2 / 2x2GB
MSI 5850 Twin Frozr II
ASUS 22" VW220T
Corsair HX620W
Sharkoon Rebel 9
Old 12-16-11, 07:00 PM   #31
Redeemed

Quote:

Quality of textures is not good enough. They don't blend good and they are wrong.
In this mod below Aspen tree you have some totally different types of leaves, which are 4 times bigger then leaves on branches. Below Aspen tree should be Aspen leaves.

Btw, i'm preparing a texture mod called Skyrim: Realistic. Something that actually make sense:

Hmm...

While you're at it think you could do a huge favor for me? Re do all the textures in the original HL games with siginificantly higher resolution ones and... dreastically increase the polly count- maybe with some tesselation?

Thanks.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-11, 10:06 PM   #32
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Oh right, you have a 460 and whine about games not having 8 million next gen graphical features.

SSAO does make it look better. You can set it to performance and it doesn't look any worse from what i've seen.
I noticed, the AO shows through fog, even with every distant objects, so you mightn't see that cliff/rock/wall in the distance through fog, bit you can sure see the AO. It ran fine for me on Quality and Performance, but I turned it off, even though it did make the towns especially nice. I tried high quality, but it brought my 590GTX to it's knees. ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-11, 12:20 AM   #33
Ninja Prime

Quote:

Ohhh, I see your angle now. "I'm making my own mod, everyone elses sucks." Kinda of an a-hole attitude but whatever floats your boat I guess.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-11, 02:23 AM   #34
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Quote:

Hmmm, Not too impressed to be honest(no offense) ... Think ill stick with the mod im using.
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
Old 12-17-11, 04:00 AM   #35
Ancient76
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Ohhh, I see your angle now. "I'm making my own mod, everyone elses sucks." Kinda of an a-hole attitude but whatever floats your boat I guess.
You are really 15!!

Not everyone. There are good mods, like Skyrim - Whiterun HQ Texture Pack Mod:

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=114

Quote:
Hmmm, Not too impressed to be honest(no offense) ... Think ill stick with the mod im using.
My textures are 5 times better then in this mod. And you can't criticize it because you did not try it.

This "Serious" HD Re-texture Landscape Skyrim is pretty and make sense like this:

Asus P5Q Pro
Kingston DDR2 / 2x2GB
MSI 5850 Twin Frozr II
ASUS 22" VW220T
Corsair HX620W
Sharkoon Rebel 9
Old 12-17-11, 04:22 AM   #36
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Quote:
My textures are 5 times better then in this mod. And you can't criticize it because you did not try it.
I compared your screenshots with the screenshots on the Serious HD Re-texture Landscape mod.

Quote:
My textures are 5 times better then in this mod.
This is your opinion, In my opinion Serious HD Re-texture Landscape mod looks better, Again just MY opinion.