Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-11-11, 02:15 PM   #25
ElL33t
Brobama

Default Re: Spike VGA awards are on

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
haha, like spike "awards" matter. go watch spike kill some more brain cells.
You can't see sarcasm and trolling when it is spelled out for you, can you. It's even in your quote.
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-11, 02:30 PM   #26
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
thats something i will never understand, why call of duty games sell. its the same game for past 5-6 years, with slightly different locations.
Same could be said about BF3 and other games as well. Just sayin.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-11, 02:45 PM   #27
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
Most people don't want their favorite game titles changed to much. They just want better graphics and less bugs. They play the game titles because they like the basics of the game.
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-11, 02:54 PM   #28
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
In the general viewpoint, yes. it can be said about absolutely anything. why do people continue to get new iphones, it is still a phone. Why do people continue to buy new models of cars? Its still a car...
It is all about the details and progression
Quake 3 is exactly the same as Quake 2: a sci-fi future based twitch fps... But lets take a look at the details, one is completely mp-oriented, and the other one isn't. One pushed the graphics enveloped in a major way (actually both of them did, no?). The experience was totally different from one to the next.
Now for me, BC2 was the first battlefield game, and BF3 did everything that I listed above. Sure some things BC2 did better, but in general, BF3, for me, WAS a step forward. Going from Cod4 to MW2 DID NOT feel like a developmental step forward. It did not feel like they took the experience of Cod4 to a new level. Obviously graphically it was not a step forward. For console gamers, they really don't have too much of a choice for MP FPS, so they kindda have to stick with call of duty franchise. Others enjoy the gaming experience, and obviously that's totally fine.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-11, 02:58 PM   #29
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
In the general viewpoint, yes. it can be said about absolutely anything. why do people continue to get new iphones, it is still a phone. Why do people continue to buy new models of cars? Its still a car...
Quake 3 is exactly the same as Quake 2: a sci-fi future based twitch fps... But lets take a look at the details, one is completely mp-oriented, and the other one isn't. One pushed the graphics enveloped in a major way (actually both of them did, no?). The experience was totally different from one to the next.
Now for me, BC2 was the first battlefield game, and BF3 did everything that I listed above. Sure some things BC2 did better, but in general, BF3, for me, WAS a step forward. Going from Cod4 to MW2 DID NOT feel like a developmental step forward. It did not feel like they took the experience of Cod4 to a new level. Obviously graphically it was not a step forward. For console gamers, they really don't have too much of a choice for MP FPS, so they kindda have to stick with call of duty franchise. Others enjoy the gaming experience, and obviously that's totally fine.

Well said.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-11, 04:31 PM   #30
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
I felt like MW3 lacked in SP big time compared to MW1, but focused more on MP and balancing things out; I still think that MW3 is the most balanced COD MP game to date. Yeah, all MW games "feel" the same but when you get down to the details, MW3 puts the cherry on the cake.

I own BF2 and BF:BC2 still to this day and enjoyed them when they first released, but BF3 felt like the same old BC2 with a new graphics engine. Big whoop, wanna fight about it? BF to me takes too much time to get into compared to MW; I love the quick action run-and-gun stuff that I can jump into for 10 minutes (not much time for video games anymore) and feel like I've accomplished something.

But it all comes down to whatever floats your boat. Most PC gamers around here hump BF3 simply because it was a game "made for the PC first" and that the graphics are better, but I'm glad that there are a few of us left that enjoy games for what they are.
Old 12-11-11, 04:50 PM   #31
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
But it all comes down to whatever floats your boat. Most PC gamers around here hump BF3 simply because it was a game "made for the PC first" and that the graphics are better, but I'm glad that there are a few of us left that enjoy games for what they are.
That's one of the most retarded comments I have heard you say, and that's saying a lot...

There are numerous PC only games, I don't see any one else humping those. Pretty sure people play the game they enjoy, not what platform the game was designed for.

Though you seem to continue to spout your console this and that BS everywhere without really a point to it. Did your PC kick your dog or something?
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-11, 05:07 PM   #32
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

six. I gotta agree. You got a 360. That's great. But the way you are acting it's like you need to constantly reassure yourself that you made the right choice.

BTW Skyrim is GOTY for me. I spend about 20hrs in BF3 and COD. Verse Skyrim at 120hrs.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-11, 05:10 PM   #33
clitosaurus
RAWR!!

Quote:
Both Batman and Gears 3 had the best SP of any game that came out this year. IMO, they should have won. But like someone else said, it's Spike and these awards don't mean anything.

Noticed how no one cheered for BF3? /trollingforfun
I think Uncharted was better than both. But ya..

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
six. I gotta agree. You got a 360. That's great. But the way you are acting it's like you need to constantly make yourself you believe you made the right choice or something.
He went full mactard + console fanboy fast didn't he.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

NVIDIA Focus Group Member
NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.
clitosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-11, 05:32 PM   #34
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
That's one of the most retarded comments I have heard you say, and that's saying a lot...
How is that retarded? At the end of the day, it comes down to what you like. Is that not the truth?

Quote:
There are numerous PC only games, I don't see any one else humping those. Pretty sure people play the game they enjoy, not what platform the game was designed for.
Most people on NVNews (and other PC communities online) don't give a crap about a "fun game", they just care about the graphics and performance. Yes I know this is an NVIDIA based forum/website, but games aren't just about those two things IMO.

Quote:
Though you seem to continue to spout your console this and that BS everywhere without really a point to it. Did your PC kick your dog or something?
Didn't say a word about consoles here my friend, just about the games. Make sure you read what I write before going off on a rant. Is one not able to speak his mind and give an opinion around here without getting stomped on? Hmm......

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
six. I gotta agree. You got a 360. That's great. But the way you are acting it's like you need to constantly reassure yourself that you made the right choice.

BTW Skyrim is GOTY for me. I spend about 20hrs in BF3 and COD. Verse Skyrim at 120hrs.
Crainger, you can do better than that buddy. In my personal experience, buying a console was the best gaming choice I've made in a while. But again, it's just my opinion. /getting stomped on

Glad you like Skyrim. My buddy at work is obsessed with the game, but I just don't enjoy games like that. Oblivion got boring after the first hour. But who knows, I might pick this up when it hits $20 or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clitosaurus
I think Uncharted was better than both. But ya..
Never had the chance to play it but I've heard good things. Gear of War was an excellent SP experience, better than MW2 and MW3 SP by far. Batman was just amazing all around. I'm still going through and finding trophies, secrets, etc. Great replayability.

Haters gonna hate.
Old 12-11-11, 05:32 PM   #35
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

I didn't watch the awards. But from I hear the actual show was a joke. This is coming from journalist and Mark Hamill himself. Very childish. More about the antics than the games and awards.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-11, 05:34 PM   #36
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
I didn't watch the awards. But from I hear the actual show was a joke. This is coming from journalist and Mark Hamill himself. Very childish. More about the antics than the games and awards.
I'll agree with that. I was very awkward in every way possible, but I was bored last night.