Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-11-11, 04:36 PM   #37
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

I can do better than what? I commented on how you appear to be behaving. If it's not, then great. As for being stomped. This is a PC forum. What do you expect? lol
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-11, 04:45 PM   #38
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Default Re: Spike VGA awards are on

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
Most people on NVNews (and other PC communities online) don't give a crap about a "fun game", they just care about the graphics and performance. Yes I know this is an NVIDIA based forum/website, but games aren't just about those two things IMO.
They don't? That really is news to me. Do you have any stats/facts to back up your asinine claims? If you really do believe that, then make a poll in the gaming forum asking if people would rather play a game that has pretty graphics but poor Gameplay, or sub par graphics but great Gameplay.

Quote:
Didn't say a word about consoles here my friend, just about the games. Make sure you read what I write before going off on a rant. Is one not able to speak his mind and give an opinion around here without getting stomped on? Hmm......
You must have forgotten what articles you used to have in your signature. You didn't have to say anything in your post as it was always in your sig.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-11, 04:48 PM   #39
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
I can do better than what? I commented on how you appear to be behaving. If it's not, then great. As for being stomped. This is a PC forum. What do you expect? lol
You can do better as to re-read what I've posted, I've not said a word about a console being better than X or anything like that. I'm just stating my opinion on a few games.

It's more than a PC forum now, you should now that. If you guys wanted it to be PC only, then tell Mike to kill all open forums and console world; we won't need any of that because it doesn't relate to PCs. That should do the trick.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-11, 04:59 PM   #40
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
They don't? That really is news to me. Do you have any stats/facts to back up your asinine claims? If you really do believe that, then make a poll in the gaming forum asking if people would rather play a game that has pretty graphics but poor Gameplay, or sub par graphics but great Gameplay.
Go look in any of the "official" game threads. It's 95% about performance, AA/AF, tweaks, and other non-gameplay related posts. You can't tell me that people are more obsessed with the eye candy/tweaking than the fun factor.

Quote:
You must have forgotten what articles you used to have in your signature. You didn't have to say anything in your post as it was always in your sig.
Ah, the articles! How could I forget THE ARTICLES!!!

http://kotaku.com/5837957/faux-futur...ng-in-the-past

So if you really read the article, you will see that PC tinkering is going away, which is a huge thing for me as I used to love it but hate it now. I've already spoken my peace about this in many other threads. Maybe you see it as "six likes consoles more than PCs for gaming" and that's why I put the article there; I do like them more due to simplicity and less headaches, not to mention less time wasted on tweaking things. One thing the article does not mention is the fact that PC gamers are getting the short end of the stick on quality, but again, I've already explained myself on that opinion many times around here.

Man, I'm sometimes really surprised I haven't been banned for "going to the dark side".
Old 12-11-11, 05:14 PM   #41
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Go look in any of the "official" game threads. It's 95% about performance, AA/AF, tweaks, and other non-gameplay related posts. You can't tell me that people are more obsessed with the eye candy/tweaking than the fun factor.
But I can tell you that, and I believe it.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-11, 05:14 PM   #42
mojoman0

I used to have more fun getting a game to run in dos. I think bob said It best tho, the bf vs cod comparison really does work. When you play a new call of duty game you feel like you are literally playing the same one every year. They feel borderline identical compared to launching up a new bf game. It just feels like you are getting your money's worth when you have to get used to the controls, shooting mechanisms, and graphics engine when you buy a new game
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-11, 05:21 PM   #43
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
But I can tell you that, and I believe it.
Fair enough, I'll agree to disagree.
Old 12-11-11, 06:06 PM   #44
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

I think the reason you are seeing so much AA/AF/eye candy talk in the game threads is because from an enthusiast standpoint, the eye candy is way more discussed than the gameplay. I am by no means super picky about eye candy, and some jaggies won't bother me in the least, so whenever people start discussion 20 different kinds of AA, I just gloss over. That discussion shouldn't put you off any game though. Some enjoy the tinkering, and some don't.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-11, 06:15 PM   #45
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Also i think it is far easier on this forum to discuss AA/AF because other than stating a game's gameplay strengths/weaknesses, you can't really mention much else. I gladly paid full retail price for Dead Space 1 & 2, and i mention how much i loved those games in pretty much every thread on the topic, but other than that, not much more i can offer
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-11, 08:37 PM   #46
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Crainger, you can do better than that buddy. In my personal experience, buying a console was the best gaming choice I've made in a while.
good for you, now go gloat how you like it CONSOLE forums
Old 12-11-11, 09:25 PM   #47
Greedo

console users are bad people, and inferior in every way.
Greedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-11, 10:00 PM   #48
t3hl33td4rg0n
Dethklok Returns!

Send a message via AIM to t3hl33td4rg0n Send a message via MSN to t3hl33td4rg0n Send a message via Yahoo to t3hl33td4rg0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedo View Post
console users are bad people, and inferior in every way.

Intel QX9650 @ 3.83GHzXFX 780ieVGA GTX 560Ti8GB GSkill DDR800Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-ESeagate 1.5TB . 4x Samsung 2TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTin View Post
....it's so clear how government makes things worse not better...
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote