Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-28-11, 11:57 AM   #193
Sean_W

Default Re: Deus Ex HR

That was 11 years ago dude and I can only compare with other games of it's type. I just said some bits seem to be borrowed off ME2, like the intro. You don't need to make a big deal out of it.

I didn't say anything about the gameplay and level design being borrowed off Mass Effect but some bits do feel like it. Try to understand the difference and from what I read, HR missed a lot of the original and they tried to make it appeal to non core Deus EX fans.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-11, 02:39 PM   #194
munkus
Cold nose, warm heart

Just recently finished this game. That in itself says a lot, since I rarely seem to finish games these days. DE:HR was terrific. Sure, it had flaws and nitpicks, but the story was cool and the characters were believable. Kudos to EIDOS Montreal!
munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-11, 02:40 PM   #195
|MaguS|

They just released DLC for the game on steam.
Old 12-07-11, 09:34 PM   #196
Destroy

Having a hard time trying to enjoy this game. This game plays way too much like Alpha Protocol.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-11, 08:47 AM   #197
v3rninater
Blowin up since 1969

Purchased this during the thanksgiving sales, look forward to seeing how close they got it to the original. DX1, still the best game ever made in my opinion, if you haven't played it, buy a copy off steam and play through it. Most games that are good today have copied that game in one way or another.
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.4ghz 1600fsb || Gigabyte P45 EP45-UD3R stable as a rooock! || 4gb G-Skill DDR2 PC8500 5-5-5-15 || EVGA 580-GTX 1.5gb || Creative Fatal1ty Xram Sound Card 7.1 ||G-Skill Phoenix Pro SSD 120gb|| WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || 2x Samsung DVD burner 16x DVD+\- || Corsair 620watt PSU
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit (640gb hd)

AMD Phenom II X6 T1090 || Gigabyte GA880 || 4gb G-skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 || MSI 8800 Ultra o/c || WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || ASUS DVD Burner || XFX 750 watt PSU

LG 60" 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV 60PS11
Xbox 360
v3rninater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-11, 11:28 AM   #198
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3rninater View Post
Purchased this during the thanksgiving sales, look forward to seeing how close they got it to the original. DX1, still the best game ever made in my opinion, if you haven't played it, buy a copy off steam and play through it. Most games that are good today have copied that game in one way or another.
I've yet to beat the first one- got distracted from it some time back and just haven't finished yet. However I think I was near the end so I played through the vast majority of it. Deus Ex HR is rediculous fun imo. Graphics are underwhelming for a 2011 title but they get the job done. Loving every minute of this game and am honestly dreading the moment I see the credits scrolling.

I think you'll enjoy it greatly bro.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-11, 02:59 PM   #199
=assassin=

I'm playing through DX:HR at the moment too, and also absolutely loving it - I've just defeated the second boss, no idea how much I've got left at this stage. I loved the decent size of the city hubs; makes for great exploring! They have finally done the DX series justice with a proper sequel after the relatively weak DX:IW.
=assassin= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-11, 05:54 PM   #200
Redeemed

Well just beat it on hardest difficulty. I kinda' want to go back and play it again but... since I already know the story I'm trying to find another game to play.

Great game over all. This is what I've been looking for in a game. Absolutely loved it. Great atmosphere, great story, it was long, absolutely loved it. I'm hoping they come out with an expansion or another complete game soon.

Old 12-09-11, 11:36 PM   #201
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

I'm glad you enjoyed it 'deemed. I had a blast, everything I could have wanted from a Deus Ex game.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-11, 02:55 PM   #202
Redeemed

Just beat The Missing Link add-on. Freaking AWESOME game! I'm really looking forward to the next in this series.

I know it got poor reviews, but I'm considering picking up invisible war- just for kicks. Maybe if I see it on a decent sale...
Old 12-13-11, 12:37 AM   #203
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

It's hard to get into after playing HR, but it's an ok game Redeemed. It has a good atmophere, some cool characters. Should go one sale this Christmas. Last sale it was like 3 bucks on Steam.

IW is my sisters favourite, mostly because you can play as a girl. Something she missed from HR, a shame coz she loves Mass Effect style games.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-11, 01:39 AM   #204
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
It's hard to get into after playing HR, but it's an ok game Redeemed. It has a good atmophere, some cool characters. Should go one sale this Christmas. Last sale it was like 3 bucks on Steam.

IW is my sisters favourite, mostly because you can play as a girl. Something she missed from HR, a shame coz she loves Mass Effect style games.
Hmm... that's good to hear- I'll definitely pick up Invisible War when it goes on sale. I'm not expecting it to be as great as HR so hopefully I wont be disappointed.