Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-13-11, 06:24 AM   #1
JohnDio

Default Alan Wake coming to the PC

Steam’s registry indicates that Alan Wake is coming to the PC

Quote:
This is huge, this is really huge. According to Steam’s registry, Alan Wake is coming to the PC. Although we don’t have any specific release date, we do know that those registry entries are as valid as they can get. We’ve also captured a screen from this registry entry that can be viewed bellow. In case you were unaware of, Sonic Generations’ PC version was leaked in the same way, so there is no doubt about the validity of the source. Steam’s registry does not lie, that’s a fact. Bottom line is that Alan Wake is coming to the PC, it’s semi-official now.

Let’s also not forget Remedy’s Aki Järvilehto statement:

“We have received feedback from a lot of PC gamers, and I have to admit that yes, we somehow ignored that. Let’s see if in the near future we could have some positive news to tell you about dating!”

This can be easily translated as “We are developing it and will let you know about its release date”. The key word here is dating. Aki could easily had stated that they might have some good news about the development of a potential PC version. But no, Aki intentionally used the word ‘dating’ which hints to a future release of Alan Wake to the PC.

Rejoice PC gamers, it’s coming!
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-11, 06:35 AM   #2
FlakMagnet

Default Re: Alan Wake coming to the PC

Was it any good in the end? I kind of lost interest in it after it went 'console only'.
2xSamsung 7200 750GB RAID 0| Akasa Eclipse 62
FlakMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-11, 08:00 AM   #3
jlippo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlakMagnet View Post
Was it any good in the end? I kind of lost interest in it after it went 'console only'.
It was athmospheric shooter with very clear paths from point A to B, no free roaming.
jlippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-11, 08:10 AM   #4
Vardant

Not buying it.

Going from a PC exclusive game to multiplatform to Xbox exclusive(=butchering the whole concept due to console limitations) and then announcing, you might actually make a PC version, because, let's be honest the game didn't sell well is not winning you any favors.
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-11, 08:16 AM   #5
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

they can stick their console crap. Too late, don't care.

I wouldnt insult my PC with drivel like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-11, 08:21 AM   #6
JasonPC

I knew this would happen. It sold horribly on the xbox and they want to push dlc when there's really not much interest.
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-11, 08:54 AM   #7
Q

It was one of the best games I've ever played. It's very late, but when it comes to PC you would really be missing out if you didn't play it. If you were buying into the original hype, you'll likely be disappointed. Yes, there is no free roaming. Yes, it's very point A to point B. But the story telling and atmosphere are second to none. The "light as a weapon" actually works well and creates options and opportunities in combat.

You should pass on the 2 DLC's unless you were crazy about the combat. They don't advance the story at all and are a rehash of the existing levels for the most part. There are maybe one or two story pieces that you'll miss.... but my wife and I just watched someone play through it on youtube instead of actually buying it.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-11, 09:45 AM   #8
Yaboze

It was good, very linear as they say, but I liked it.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-11, 10:01 AM   #9
astonish

This could be the new Alan wake game that was just announced a couple days ago
astonish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-11, 10:49 AM   #10
G@merX

I thought it was decent, it's just a shame it didn't come out on PC at the same time as the 360 version, using all the bells and whistles of dx10 that were promised

Hate to sound like such a pc gamer (negative lol) but at this point, I'm assuming it will be a half-hearted port with console/low res textures, not much change, maybe an added level..

Too little, too late.
Old 12-13-11, 12:17 PM   #11
jkmetal

Original alan wake was fantastic. Would love to play it again on pc with all dlc. If its the new alan wake.. that great too, although I kind of wish that they had ended alan wake at the end of the first game. The story was so good that it deserved a real resolution. (don't get me started on games and cliffhangers..)

Oh another thing.. What a snooty PC elitist we have here... "Insult my pc with drivel like this?" Really?
Old 12-13-11, 12:32 PM   #12
i SPY

they better make it Dx11 noobs :P
intel Q9450 @ 3.656Ghz [1.3875v, LLC off]| GA-X48-DS5 [Memory Enhance: Turbo]|MSi N570GTX TwinFrozrIII OC/PowerEdition|Kingston HyperX 4x2GB PC 8500 @ 1097Mhz [5-5-5-18, 2.25v]| Creative X-FI Pro [SB046A]| Tagan PipeRock 600w [48A]

i SPY is offline   Reply With Quote