Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-16-11, 10:56 AM   #1
G@merX

Default What should I buy/play next?

I like to play 2 games at a time, I learned limiting myself to two at a time until one is finished - I play and beat more games that way. There was a time I would buy everything in sight and never finish anything I purchased.

So my new rule is two games, alternate between both so if one is in a boring spot or I'm just not feeling it, I have a second one. I beat Serious Sam 3, Battlefield 3 and decided Crysis 2 just isn't for me after running through about 40% of the game.

So, I purchased The Witcher 2 off steam yesterday for $23.99! Mid-week sale special. I figure this should suck up a lot of time, but I'd like something else to play with it, per my 2 game at a time rule, and probably something like a shooter to change this up from the rpg.

So, that being said, my options are: Rage, Batman Arkham City, or Hard Reset.

I hear Rage is a consolitis mess with horrible textures and boring game play.

Batman Arkham City seems like a great game in dx9 with tons of physx but is a fuster cluck when dx11 is enabled. I've read dx11 doesn't change much, but it irks me that my dx11 capable hardware wouldn't be able to fully take advantage of the game.

I've heard little to nothing about Hard Reset, I downloaded the demo and found it semi-enjoyable and for $29.99 would risk hoping the whole game is a fun ride.

So, I'd like people's opinions on these 3 and which you think I should go for. Thanks guys!
Old 12-16-11, 01:03 PM   #2
frenchy2k1

Default Re: What should I buy/play next?

here is the "What I think" from RPS on "hard reset:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...nk-hard-reset/

Personally, as I enjoyed the first Batman a lot, I'll be soon grabbing the 2nd one (hoping for a steam winter sale). Really depends on what type of games you enjoy or want.

If you want another RPG, Skyrim has been keeping me busy for over 60h already. Witcher 2 is also a great game, less role play, more action Should be a nice 15-20h ride.
Old 12-16-11, 01:07 PM   #3
Ywap

I finished Hard Reset (twice) a couple of weeks ago and im playing Arkham City right now. Both are excellent games, cant go wrong with either.

Hard Reset IS a fun ride - i would go with that one first
Old 12-16-11, 01:26 PM   #4
G@merX

For those not aware, I just found Arkham City for PC is on sale @ Gamestop for $29.99 currently. Because of this deal, I may have to go with that. I'm just not sure if it's a web-only sale or if it applies to in-store as well. If it's in-store too, I'll be grabbing this.

The only thing holding me back from Hard Reset is that the developers announced a retail boxed edition in early 2012 with 5 new levels and an updated graphics engine. I may hold off until that hits.