http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-hd-79...hmarks-leaked/

leaked 7970
Old 12-17-11, 09:49 PM   #98
Rollo

Default Re: ATi 7000 series delayed till Q1 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
What is that?! BeefDozer II?!

Actually that looks pretty reasonable. A good high end launch is usually like previous gen second tier SLi/CF, which that performance equates to.

So I'd call it a successful launch if that slide isn't faked.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Old 12-17-11, 09:53 PM   #99
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
Old and fake.
Old 12-18-11, 10:43 AM   #100
shadow001

Even if they were real, the single GPU HD7970 beats the dual GPU HD6990 and the GTX 590 in 2 of those games anyhow, and for extra damage, now imagine the HD7990 dual GPU version coming in march?....Ouch.

When is the dual Kepler GPU card coming out again to compete with that one, given that the single GPU version is still months away...End of 2012 perhaps?..
Old 12-18-11, 11:25 AM   #101
Rollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
Even if they were real, the single GPU HD7970 beats the dual GPU HD6990 and the GTX 590 in 2 of those games anyhow, and for extra damage, now imagine the HD7990 dual GPU version coming in march?....Ouch.

When is the dual Kepler GPU card coming out again to compete with that one, given that the single GPU version is still months away...End of 2012 perhaps?..
LOL yes NVIDIA is surely in trouble. Wonder if they'll buy AMD with the petty cash this year and maybe spin off ATi to one of the valets where they eat lunch to avoid the non compete issues?

Dual GPU cards are notoriously late, as is the 7970, so I'll believe the launch of both when I see them on newegg.

Rig 2:

[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Old 12-18-11, 11:36 AM   #102
shadow001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
LOL yes NVIDIA is surely in trouble. Wonder if they'll buy AMD with the petty cash this year and maybe spin off ATi to one of the valets where they eat lunch to avoid the non compete issues?

Well, say what you will about it's value, but it's kinda embarassing that they introduced new architectures with the 40 nm process and beat Nvidia by a good 7 months there, then do it again at 28nm by several months too...

Not bad for a company that's only worth petty cash according to you, and spin off the graphics division to one of their valet's where they eat lunch...

In fact, i'd call that Nvidia being incompetent at releasing new architectures with smaller fabrication processes in a timely manner to have an answer when AMD does, despite how big and rich they are according to you....
Old 12-18-11, 12:54 PM   #103
Rollo

Quote:
Well, say what you will about it's value, but it's kinda embarassing that they introduced new architectures with the 40 nm process and beat Nvidia by a good 7 months there, then do it again at 28nm by several months too...
What I think is "embarassing" is people like you who look at inventions as something on a "schedule" where competitor's launches would EVER be synchronized for any reason other than company finished first holds back to see their competitor's product. I also think it's embarassing to assume that launching first is always best.

Quote:
Not bad for a company that's only worth petty cash according to you, and spin off the graphics division to one of their valet's where they eat lunch...
I'm only observing. I think when AMD bought ATi for $5b, they were worth $10b+ themselves. Today AMD+ATi is worth only $3.5b, a huge chunk of their employees gone, their fab gone, their mobile tech division gone, their pending lawsuit cash gone. If the ratio of value is still the same ATi is worth $1b on the open market. NVIDIA usually has that in the bank, no debt, and is worth $8-10b. Given all this, you tell me if ATi is a "big" conpany compared to NVIDIA?
You know, you keep talking about how "NVIDIA is in trouble"? Who does it look to you like they're "in trouble"? AMD/ATi will be lucky survive 2012, let alone put any of the successful companies "in trouble".

Quote:
In fact, i'd call that Nvidia being incompetent at releasing new architectures with smaller fabrication processes in a timely manner to have an answer when AMD does, despite how big and rich they are according to you....
And yet these "incompetent" guys keep the discrete desktop market share, always make more money than ATi, always have the most powerful GPU, have had a better feature set for years, and have enough money in the bank to buy ATi should AMD choose to sell them.

I don't have any stock or employment ties with either company, but it's pretty easy to see who the "incompetent" firm is.

LOL- ATi are such schmucks their fans are reduced to arguments like "they use 10% less electricity!" or "But..but..their chips are cheaper to build!". It's mostly kind of pathetic.

Rig 2:

Old 12-18-11, 01:07 PM   #104
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
*fanboy nonsense*

Old 12-18-11, 01:10 PM   #105
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Some slides:

Old 12-18-11, 02:14 PM   #106
shadow001

Quote:
What I think is "embarassing" is people like you who look at inventions as something on a "schedule" where competitor's launches would EVER be synchronized for any reason other than company finished first holds back to see their competitor's product. I also think it's embarassing to assume that launching first is always best.

Holds back up to 6 months from now, since that's when the full high end kepler will be released....I thought Nvidia had nothing to fear from little old AMD, being this small little inconsequential company with no ability to ever challenge them, as Nvidia is larger, more diversified, has more money and have more resources available.

As for releasing early, you're right to a certain point if the difference is only a few weeks apart....When it could be up to 6 months for the single high end GPU version, and who knows when for the dual Kepler GPU version, thats another matter, as people will wait only for so long you know, as least those that don't care wich company has the best products for a given time period.

I've owned from both companies and currently own 3 GTX580's, but by no means i'm disregarding and frankly disrespecting the technical abilities of AMD as you constantly do in your own Pro Nvidia PR agenda canpaign....The only things i give my full loyalty is friends and family, not hardware companies in it to get my money above all else, something you seem to have forgotten, perhaps because of the free hardware they give you...

Quote:
I'm only observing. I think when AMD bought ATi for $5b, they were worth $10b+ themselves. Today AMD+ATi is worth only $3.5b, a huge chunk of their employees gone, their fab gone, their mobile tech division gone, their pending lawsuit cash gone. If the ratio of value is still the same ATi is worth $1b on the open market. NVIDIA usually has that in the bank, no debt, and is worth $8-10b. Given all this, you tell me if ATi is a "big" conpany compared to NVIDIA?
You know, you keep talking about how "NVIDIA is in trouble"? Who does it look to you like they're "in trouble"? AMD/ATi will be lucky survive 2012, let alone put any of the successful companies "in trouble".

Heh, funny that, since Nvidia already lost their chipset business since the licence they had with intel to make chipsets doesn't apply to the latest generation of intel processors with built in memory controlers....It's also when their bull**** about there being specific technology with SLI that required an Nvidia based chipset fell apart completely...You only need a compatible bios and that's it.

Let's see what happends with AMD's APU's(selling like hot cakes, they can't make enough of them), and what that does to the lower end video card market that goes into budget OEM systems, as it's not as glamorous as the high end stuff, but given the huge volumes sold, it's what pays the bills....Nvidia will only have a similar product when they release their Denver processors in 2014(ARM based since intel didn't give them an X-86 CPU licence)...

Then there's Intel with their knights bridge and Knights ferry processors, wich aren't graphics processors per se like larrabee was, but full on general purpose processors that one adds into a PCI-e slot to help with math intensive applications that greatly outshine any CPU on the market, seems that the first one has over 80 CPU cores into a single die, and intel has the latest fabs as it making 22nm chips while Nvidia is still working on getting it's first 28nm chips out the door.....This particular product is aimed for massive computational ability, similar to the idea that Nvidia has with GP-GPU and cuda, even in super computers.

The future is more uncertain than ever Rollo, and that little saying from patrick moorehead(ex Intel CEO), applies here...."ONLY THE PARANOID SURVIVE"

Quote:
And yet these "incompetent" guys keep the discrete desktop market share, always make more money than ATi, always have the most powerful GPU, have had a better feature set for years, and have enough money in the bank to buy ATi should AMD choose to sell them.

I don't have any stock or employment ties with either company, but it's pretty easy to see who the "incompetent" firm is.

LOL- ATi are such schmucks their fans are reduced to arguments like "they use 10% less electricity!" or "But..but..their chips are cheaper to build!". It's mostly kind of pathetic.

Do you know how many dumbasses buy Nvidia's lower end products simply because Nvidia has the faster higher end graphics at the time?, and somehow in their minds, that also translates into Nvidia having the best across their entire lineup of cards from high to low end....Far too many to count, and the same applies to OEM's if nothing else to help sales even if it isn't based on actual performance comparisons.....Ignorence truly is bliss in this case.
Old 12-18-11, 03:24 PM   #107
JasonPC

The improved energy efficiency on idle is a great move in my books. Especially for multi-gpu systems. And hopefully Eyefinity will continue to see improvements, the ability to put the desktop in the center monitor will definitely be welcomed.
Old 12-18-11, 04:03 PM   #108
Rollo

You should look up that "nonsense" word Roadie.

The only "fanboy nonsense" goign on here is Shadow001 and you acting like AMD or ATi are in any sort of position to "bring the pain" to NVIDIA.

NVIDIA is a big, diversified, successful company. A successful card launch by ATi only means they might claw back a point or two of market share temporarily and still be going broke month by month.

Rig 2:

Closed Thread