Graphics 7 17.95%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-11, 08:26 PM   #37
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Graphics or Gameplay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
It's because we also enjoy to tweak/mod our games. Doesn't mean that is the only thing someone cares about. If you can get better IQ for free why not? There's not much you can discuss gameplay wise without spoiling the story for other people. Pretty much just say if it's good or bad. Graphics on the other hand you can tweak and discuss non stop.

That's the great thing about the PC scene is the community. Be it just the other people on here, or the people making mods for your favorite game. You can't find that on any other platform.
IMO PC gamers get the exact quality of a console game (maybe a few less jaggies, but who cares?), so why waste your time tweaking and modding? Why spend hundreds of dollars upgrading hardware when you don't get a huge step up in quality? I felt like I was throwing my money away TBH. I agree that PC gaming should be a huge step above what consoles are putting out, but it's not the case IMO. It doesn't get the time and attention on the programming side. Most programmers are going the console way and I think everyone sees that just in the quality of what's coming out today.

I remember making a case for the "mods" but honestly, there has not been a single mod I could think of to make that kind of case that I honestly enjoyed. Most mods I've played seem like amateur hour and alpha-staged garbage.

six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-11, 08:35 PM   #38
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
IMO PC gamers get the exact quality of a console game (maybe a few less jaggies, but who cares?), so why waste your time tweaking and modding? Why spend hundreds of dollars upgrading hardware when you don't get a huge step up in quality? I felt like I was throwing my money away TBH. I agree that PC gaming should be a huge step above what consoles are putting out, but it's not the case IMO. It doesn't get the time and attention on the programming side. Most programmers are going the console way and I think everyone sees that just in the quality of what's coming out today.

I remember making a case for the "mods" but honestly, there has not been a single mod I could think of to make that kind of case that I honestly enjoyed. Most mods I've played seem like amateur hour and alpha-staged garbage.

Mostly because it's a hobby for most people who tweak and mod their PC/Games. Why do I modify my car? Because it's a hobby and something I enjoy doing. If none of that interested me I would probably own a console. Also, all of my friends play PC games and we all have LAN parties together too. Plus, I can't stand using a controller.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-11, 09:15 AM   #39
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Mostly because it's a hobby for most people who tweak and mod their PC/Games. Why do I modify my car? Because it's a hobby and something I enjoy doing. If none of that interested me I would probably own a console. Also, all of my friends play PC games and we all have LAN parties together too. Plus, I can't stand using a controller.
I totally understand the hobby aspect, I used to be that way but things change. All of my friends own consoles and I tried for years to get them into PC gaming, but that never happened.

Going from KBM to controller took a few weeks but I've got the hang of it now. Pretty nice on certain games like Batman compared to KBM.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-11, 09:57 AM   #40
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
I totally understand the hobby aspect, I used to be that way but things change. All of my friends own consoles and I tried for years to get them into PC gaming, but that never happened.

Going from KBM to controller took a few weeks but I've got the hang of it now. Pretty nice on certain games like Batman compared to KBM.
Can't say i ever played Batman on KBM on my PC but again thats something that is also good about PC gaming....Choice in control method for the majority of games and basically all ports. Control method can add a lot of immersion into gameplay...for FPS games using a controller after KBM is like driving a 'robin reliant' after driving a Porsche.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-11, 03:00 PM   #41
abcgamer

Gameplay obviously. Graphics are very important for immersion.
abcgamer is offline   Reply With Quote