Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-08-11, 07:01 AM   #13
Hogrider

Default Re: XBOX 360 Fall update coming Dec. 6th

According to the Netflix blog, the new XBOX Netflix app only does 720P HD video.

I have read a lot of bitching about the new Netflix app and I don't think it's that bad. I heard if you press the guide button then scroll to quick launch then Netflix you can use the old app.
Old 12-09-11, 07:26 AM   #14
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

I'm surprised people actually use Netflix in the first place. Horrible streaming library and just having to wait for DVDs is stupid.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-11, 07:33 AM   #15
Hogrider

Some people (like me) prefer older movies. It has actually saved me money a few times. I like strange odd horror movies and usually if I want to see one I'll have to buy the dvd because there's no other way to see it. I've found a few of them on Netflix, watched it and it saved me from buying the dvd.

I rarely have to wait for a dvd as I really don't like most of the crap put out nowadays. If I really do want to see a newer movie that's not on Netflix we have a couple red boxes right down the street.

Anything else you need straightened out on, juts let me know.
Old 12-09-11, 07:38 AM   #16
Q

I use Netflix inside of WMC.

I'm loving the update. The last version was good, but this one is even more streamlined. Love the Zune styling.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-11, 07:37 PM   #17
Hogrider

Quote:
Following up on last weeks Xbox 360 system update, today we have released the following twelve customized entertainment apps to the Xbox LIVE service:

blinkbox (UK): blinkbox gives access to a wide range of movies online. With more than 10,000 movies titles movie fans can watch their favorite films immediately with no additional subscription required.
iHeartRadio (U.S.): Listen to more than 800 of the nation’s most popular live broadcast radio stations from 150 U.S. cities with iHeartRadio.
MSN Video (Australia, Canada, Germany, Italy, Mexico and UK): MSN brings you the latest breaking news, sports, celebrity gossip and more from around the globe.
MSNBC.com (U.S.): MSNBC.com bring you the best of NBC News, MSNBC, Fox Sports, Access Hollywood, original programming and more, on-demand and up-to-date 24/7/365.
MUZU.TV (Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden and UK): MUZU.TV the music video site, offers nearly 80,000 music videos at your command. Brand new releases from the world’s biggest artists, great music videos from every decade, up and coming bands and the latest music news and interviews.
Rogers On Demand (Canada): Rogers On Demand provides select TV shows and movies to everyone for FREE. Rogers customers can also catch up on their favorite premium programming anytime, from anywhere in Canada.
SBS ON DEMAND (Australia): SBS ON DEMAND is a catch up TV service that lets you watch full episodes, of your favorite SBS television programs.
TMZ (Canada, U.S.): Your all-access pass to the latest TMZ entertainment stories and breaking news videos everyone is talking about!
RTVE (Spain): Complete episodes from series, news programs, documentaries and the best Spanish audiovisual content from RTVE.
Verizon FiOS TV (U.S.): Get Verizon FiOS TV with 26 live channels like MTV, Spike, Food Network, Comedy Central, HBO, CNN and Nickelodeon – with more to come. Plus with Kinect, change channels with your voice.
YouTube (Available in 24 countries globally**): From your favorite web original video to gaming tips, a universe of compelling content is available through YouTube on Xbox LIVE.
http://majornelson.com/2011/12/13/ne...your-xbox-360/

Syfy wasn't mentioned but it's app is also out.
Old 12-13-11, 09:37 PM   #18
Hogrider

Bing search isn't always correct. I tried to bing "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" and it didn't find anything but the older movies.
I go into Zune however and there they have Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
Old 12-14-11, 06:10 AM   #19
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

I must say, this dashboard is much nicer than the last. Still not a good a the XMB, but it's slick, less nesting and pretty uniform, previously Zune was slow, clunky and completely different to the dash. Still sucks it's an app that has the launch separately.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-11, 06:54 AM   #20
Hogrider

After trying out some of the apps I think I'll end up deleting them. It was nice of them to do it but the one like Syfy is kinda sucky. No use for TMZ. I'll keep Youtube, Last FM and I Heart Radio though.

Old 12-14-11, 07:52 PM   #21
Hogrider

Just got an email from Microsoft telling me about the update and they gave me a code for 1 free month of Gold. With this and the other 3 months I got for buying the XBOX bundle I am now paid up until March 2013
Old 12-20-11, 09:33 PM   #22
Hogrider

Daily Motion, UFC and Vudu apps were added.

Vudu will only show HD 720P though just like Netflix. I am guessing Microsoft doesn't want to display Netflix and Vudu in 1080P so their Zune service which does do 1080P would be the preferred choice.
Old 12-21-11, 12:01 AM   #23
jlippo

Nice, time to play Pirates! again.
jlippo is offline   Reply With Quote