Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-23-11, 04:40 PM   #13
K007
 
K007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Australia, Sydney
Posts: 9,406
Default Re: Bethesda, most embarassing CPU optimization of the decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElL33t View Post
OMG THEY SHOULD ALL BE LINED UP AND SHOT. THEN WE WILL TORTURE THEM TO DEATH. AFTER THAT WE WILL KILL THEM, THEN REVIVE THEM AND KILL THEM TO DEATH AGAIN. AFTER THAT WE WILL SEND THEM TO DETROIT WITH A LOT OF BLING BLING AROUND THEIR NECKS.

WTF! stfu and play the game. I can't believe the stuff you guys cry about.
What the hell is your problem? Did you get an arrow stuck in your knee or something?

This helped me a lot in the city areas to climb over 30-35 fps to 41-45 fps...and for me anything about 40 is where i find things smooth, at 30 you can start noticing the slow downs..and i am able to switch up my quality and still keep skyrim hd mod with max settings.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-11, 04:47 PM   #14
Roadhog
Resident Alien
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,776
Default Re: Bethesda, most embarassing CPU optimization of the decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElL33t View Post
OMG THEY SHOULD ALL BE LINED UP AND SHOT. THEN WE WILL TORTURE THEM TO DEATH. AFTER THAT WE WILL KILL THEM, THEN REVIVE THEM AND KILL THEM TO DEATH AGAIN. AFTER THAT WE WILL SEND THEM TO DETROIT WITH A LOT OF BLING BLING AROUND THEIR NECKS.

WTF! stfu and play the game. I can't believe the stuff you guys cry about.
Did you run out of jumbo tampons again?
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-11, 05:01 PM   #15
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Bethesda, most embarassing CPU optimization of the decade

Gonna try this but I never really had an issue with performance in towns.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-11, 05:15 PM   #16
Redeemed
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 17,982
Default Re: Bethesda, most embarassing CPU optimization of the decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Did you run out of jumbo tampons again?
You'll have to forgive Stubbs- his mouth is often a flowing vagina...

Are you spun up yet, Stubby?
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-11, 09:38 PM   #17
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer
 
FastRedPonyCar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 3,012
Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
Default Re: Bethesda, most embarassing CPU optimization of the decade

the read me in that zip file says to launch the game using skse_loader.exe. what is that? is that another name for the standard game loader?
__________________
- Desktop -
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-11, 02:21 AM   #18
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer
 
Crow_Nest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Singapore, Asia
Posts: 1,418
Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest
Default Re: Bethesda, most embarassing CPU optimization of the decade

Just had a go and i think it works. Whenever im in whiterun or when im in outskirts looking towards the city and villages my framerate dips to a slideshow. Now its far more manageable and the game is playable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
the read me in that zip file says to launch the game using skse_loader.exe. what is that? is that another name for the standard game loader?
Just extract everything from the skse_1_04_02 folder and dump it in your game directory with TESV.exe. Then launch the game with skse_loader.exe
__________________
Desktop
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel i7 2700K @ 3.5 GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 670 OC 2GB |
| G.Skill RipJawsX PC3 12800 4GB x 2 | Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer | Intel SSD 520 120GB SSD |
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |


Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |


http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-11, 09:58 AM   #19
cmsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 94
Default Re: Bethesda, most embarassing CPU optimization of the decade

x87?! OH lol

I don't mind console ports per se. However, when it's obvious there was no effort made to take advantage of PC when only a bit of an effort would've been required resulting in poor performance. I work hard for my money; I'm not just going to give it away. Developers have to earn my money.

I'm a programmer by trade. The sad thing is there probably would've had to be a small amount of extra coding and then go into the options of the compiler to check the boxes off for the CPU options. Wham bam. Optimized code.

Add to all of this the fact the screen shots suggest the graphics aren't hardly any better than Oblivion's. I mean, this game is DX9 based, right? Why don't we all start wearing bell bottom jeans so we can all look like hippy fag shaggers?

I was kicking around getting this game. Forget it. Or if I do get it, I'll wait until it hits the bargain basement bin, around the $15 price or so.
cmsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-11, 10:00 AM   #20
Logical
Registered User
 
Logical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,523
Default Re: Bethesda, most embarassing CPU optimization of the decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsmith View Post
x87?! OH lol

I don't mind console ports per se. However, when it's obvious there was no effort made to take advantage of PC when only a bit of an effort would've been required resulting in poor performance. I work hard for my money; I'm not just going to give it away. Developers have to earn my money.

I'm a programmer by trade. The sad thing is there probably would've had to be a small amount of extra coding and then go into the options of the compiler to check the boxes for the CPU options. Wham bam. Optimized code.

Add to all of this the fact the screen shots suggest the graphics aren't hardly any better than Oblivions. I mean, this game is DX9 based, right? Why don't we all start wearing bell bottom jeans so we can all look like hippy fag shaggers?

I was kicking around getting this game. Forget it. Or if I do get it, I'll wait until it hits the bargain basement bin, around the $15 price or so.
+1
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-24-11, 10:02 AM   #21
cmsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 94
Default Re: Bethesda, most embarassing CPU optimization of the decade

The shame about this is I loved Oblivion. I was really looking forward to Skyrim.
cmsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-11, 11:22 AM   #22
K007
 
K007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Australia, Sydney
Posts: 9,406
Default Re: Bethesda, most embarassing CPU optimization of the decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsmith View Post
x87?! OH lol

I don't mind console ports per se. However, when it's obvious there was no effort made to take advantage of PC when only a bit of an effort would've been required resulting in poor performance. I work hard for my money; I'm not just going to give it away. Developers have to earn my money.

I'm a programmer by trade. The sad thing is there probably would've had to be a small amount of extra coding and then go into the options of the compiler to check the boxes off for the CPU options. Wham bam. Optimized code.

Add to all of this the fact the screen shots suggest the graphics aren't hardly any better than Oblivion's. I mean, this game is DX9 based, right? Why don't we all start wearing bell bottom jeans so we can all look like hippy fag shaggers?

I was kicking around getting this game. Forget it. Or if I do get it, I'll wait until it hits the bargain basement bin, around the $15 price or so.
the game is still a lot of fun, and the mod community has stepped up again to bring this game alive.

i know buying the game might feel wrong because it is true they were lazy with the pc version, but the gameplay / story / open world is just soo much fun..

add in a 1 or two mods and you will start to love this game a lot.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-11, 11:59 AM   #23
Gregor976
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Orlando
Posts: 183
Default Re: Bethesda, most embarassing CPU optimization of the decade

Using the best mods with Oblivion, the visuals, models, and pure game play don't come close to those offered by vanilla Skyrim.

The more I play TES Skyrim, the more I am loving it. I am so glad I got this one.
Gregor976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-11, 03:48 PM   #24
Bah!
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 868
Default Re: Bethesda, most embarassing CPU optimization of the decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsmith View Post
x87?! OH lol

I don't mind console ports per se. However, when it's obvious there was no effort made to take advantage of PC when only a bit of an effort would've been required resulting in poor performance. I work hard for my money; I'm not just going to give it away. Developers have to earn my money.

I'm a programmer by trade. The sad thing is there probably would've had to be a small amount of extra coding and then go into the options of the compiler to check the boxes off for the CPU options. Wham bam. Optimized code.

Add to all of this the fact the screen shots suggest the graphics aren't hardly any better than Oblivion's. I mean, this game is DX9 based, right? Why don't we all start wearing bell bottom jeans so we can all look like hippy fag shaggers?

I was kicking around getting this game. Forget it. Or if I do get it, I'll wait until it hits the bargain basement bin, around the $15 price or so.
I agreed with you until you used the retarded, "hardly looks better than Oblivion"nonsense and you started failing. Save the money you were going to spend on Skyrim and buy yourself some glasses.

And for the record, 99% of the games released today are still DX9 based, so what's your point?
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.