Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-04-12, 02:59 PM   #25
Vanzagar
Bring me Amberlamps

Default Re: Bored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
I'm watching Star Trek: Voyager on Netflix and how awesome it'd be to have a FPS game based off of that. Encounters with the Borg and other dangerous species. It's a sci-fi with great variety- some situations the weapons and equipment are extremely high-tech and in others they're more like present day.
+1... with lots of Seven of Nine eye candy...
Vanzagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 04:45 PM   #26
eXeraZoR

A really good Single Player Game is CRYOSTASIS. In the beginning its a little bit boring but later the Game will give you great Atmosphere and Outstanding enemy fights with cool Physx Effects.
eXeraZoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 06:06 PM   #27
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXeraZoR View Post
A really good Single Player Game is CRYOSTASIS. In the beginning its a little bit boring but later the Game will give you great Atmosphere and Outstanding enemy fights with cool Physx Effects.
+1
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 09:56 PM   #28
frenchy2k1

For coop, I'm running through the Serious Sam 3 campaign with a friend and we're having a blast.

For SP, Skyrim had me for 90+h, I'm shifting to Batman AA for a change. I still have Deus Ex HR and fallout3 NV in the pipe for big games, lots of smaller ones (indie sales :roll: ) too...
Old 01-05-12, 01:54 AM   #29
MowTin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanzagar View Post
+1... with lots of Seven of Nine eye candy...

PS3 | Xbox 360
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-12, 02:21 AM   #30
Redeemed

Seven of nine... I think she's the sole reason I enjoyed the show back when it aired on TV.

And Bob, we all know why you love Cryostasis so much- it brings back your better childhood memories.

Nah, I forgot about Cryostasis. Will have to see if I can grab that when it's on sale.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-12, 02:28 AM   #31
bob saget

there's SO much russian text ingame, it is hilarious for me but honestly, very few games pulled me in as much as that one did. the almost constant howl of the wind... the dripping water... I got it for free with my GTX275 but I would gladly pay full price anytime.
Old 01-05-12, 02:15 PM   #32
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

I know how you feel Redeemed. I didn't know what to play after Saint's Row 3. I had a ton of games from the Steam sales. Ended up playing Assassin's Creed Revelations, but also used the money I saved on the Steam sales to buy a car to occupy my time. ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-12, 02:20 AM   #33
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
there's SO much russian text ingame, it is hilarious for me but honestly, very few games pulled me in as much as that one did. the almost constant howl of the wind... the dripping water... I got it for free with my GTX275 but I would gladly pay full price anytime.
From what I've read up on the game it does sound rather fun. I'll be sure to pick it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
I know how you feel Redeemed. I didn't know what to play after Saint's Row 3. I had a ton of games from the Steam sales. Ended up playing Assassin's Creed Revelations, but also used the money I saved on the Steam sales to buy a car to occupy my time. ::
Well, internet has been hit or miss here (router and wireless adapter likely going out). Finally get it working and I try to launch Origin so I can activate my copy of BF3- and origin wont launch. The login prompt keeps saying my username or p.word is incorrect- and they are not incorrect.

The backstory- I got BF3 for x-mas. Due to connection issues and my folks visiting over this passed weekend I just finally finished DL'ing BF3 this morning. Go figure- all that time to DL it and I can't login to origin now to activate it. WTF??? So I've gone back and started playing AvP again. Beat the Alien and Predetor campaigns just working on the marine now. It is enjoyable.
Old 01-06-12, 03:10 AM   #34
bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
From what I've read up on the game it does sound rather fun. I'll be sure to pick it up.

Well, internet has been hit or miss here (router and wireless adapter likely going out). Finally get it working and I try to launch Origin so I can activate my copy of BF3- and origin wont launch. The login prompt keeps saying my username or p.word is incorrect- and they are not incorrect.

The backstory- I got BF3 for x-mas. Due to connection issues and my folks visiting over this passed weekend I just finally finished DL'ing BF3 this morning. Go figure- all that time to DL it and I can't login to origin now to activate it. WTF??? So I've gone back and started playing AvP again. Beat the Alien and Predetor campaigns just working on the marine now. It is enjoyable.
try get BF3 figured out... EA has a live chat support service if i am not mistaken. try logging in with your email and not some ID, and the password should be the password you always use for EA.... You probably tried this already....
Old 01-06-12, 03:25 AM   #35
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
try get BF3 figured out... EA has a live chat support service if i am not mistaken. try logging in with your email and not some ID, and the password should be the password you always use for EA.... You probably tried this already....
No I am well aware of what my log in information is. Finally let me in.

However I've determined I loathe battlelog after my first few seconds with it. My reasoning is not going to be popular nor shared by many- living out in the country as I do and in my present living arrangement an internet connection is not gauranteed. Having to launch the SP campaign from a web site is absolutely retarded, imo. Another game I enjoy does this- The Hunter. In order to launch the game you have to log into your account on their website, and then start your hunt which then launches the actual game. Irritating as when my internet access is gone I have no means of playing the game.

I know- I'm in the minority. Doesn't change anything for me though.
Old 01-06-12, 12:20 PM   #36
bob saget

here ya go: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4/listmembers/

and we should play the co-op... i haven't played any of them.