bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget
Default Re: Official Radeon 7970 Review and discussion thread

how much for those desk fans?
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-12, 07:54 PM   #255
Redeemed

I dunno, I've got mixed feelings about these cards. Still waiting to see how they pan out once regular folk have them. Just not seeing anything I care to upgrade to.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-12, 09:01 PM   #256
Rollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
But it's too fun watching you squirm. This thread is a perfect example of it.

Errrr...yes.....I'm very worried about the launch of these video cards.....and....ummm....you've got me on the ropes...ATi's great triumph on the 9th will probably put me in a month long depression...ahhhh...yeah.

So what's the theme of the big dance next week, little buddy? "Born This Way" or "Party Rock Anthem"? Think you and your crew will be able to sneak some liquor out of dad's cabinet, maybe get someone to buy you guys a pack of smokes?

On topic, always good to see new high end parts. Hopefully they don't price gouge too much given the length of time since new parts launched.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-12, 09:07 PM   #257
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post

Errrr...yes.....I'm very worried about the launch of these video cards.....and....ummm....you've got me on the ropes...ATi's great triumph on the 9th will probably put me in a month long depression...ahhhh...yeah.

So what's the theme of the big dance next week, little buddy? "Born This Way" or "Party Rock Anthem"? Think you and your crew will be able to sneak some liquor out of dad's cabinet, maybe get someone to buy you guys a pack of smokes?

On topic, always good to see new high end parts. Hopefully they don't price gouge too much given the length of time since new parts launched.
You seem to be worried, you keep bashing them left and right in this thread.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-12, 09:44 PM   #258
Rollo

Quote:
You seem to be worried, you keep bashing them left and right in this thread.
You seriously think I'm "worried" about the 7970?

So what do you think would happen in my life if the 7970 were the most successful card of all time?

Rig 2:

[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Old 01-06-12, 10:07 PM   #259
shadow001

Quote:

So what do you think would happen in my life if the 7970 were the most successful card of all time?

Judging by the amount of posts where you clearly and repeatedly stated your opinion, and we have no need to read the same crap for the 50th time, and it's from someone who receives free hardware from Nvidia so you're not exactly credible here, i think you're trying to do some serious damage control like a good nvidia soldier, and finding every possible method imaginable to sway others not to buy the HD7970 and wait for the miracle Kepler card...Did Nvidia promise you more free hardware depending on the job you're doing or something?...
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-12, 10:12 PM   #260
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:

So then why are you even posting in this thread? Nothing you have said is positive about the 7970.

Old 01-06-12, 10:14 PM   #261
Nsavop

Quote:
And no one on this forum cares about anything you post one bit.
Didn't realize you where voted nvnews.net members spokesman, next time speak for your self.
Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 | 2500K @ 4.4 | Zalman 9700 nt cooler | Evga GTX 570 sc @ 850 core | Asus 24" 1080p lcd | Lian Li PC-K62 | 8gb ddr3 1600 | Seagate Momentous xt 500 gb | Samsung Spinpoint f3 1tb | Corsair tx850 v2
Nsavop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-12, 10:16 PM   #262
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsavop View Post
Didn't realize you where voted nvnews.net members spokesman, next time speak for your self.
Didn't know I was voted that either. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 01-07-12, 02:41 AM   #263
Maverick123w

Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
I dunno, I've got mixed feelings about these cards. Still waiting to see how they pan out once regular folk have them. Just not seeing anything I care to upgrade to.
They're not worth the price imo. I'll have to see what nvidia comes out with, but another $400 580 looks good to me right about now.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-12, 08:47 AM   #264
Rollo

Quote:
Didn't know I was voted that either. Thanks for the heads up!
You weren't. You've just taken it upon yourself to flame NVIDIA and anyone supporting them any chance you see, and promote ATi.

The 7970s are an evolutionary advance over December 2010, along the same lines as a "Ultra" version of the GTX580 level of performance. Yet you and some others act like they're the next 9700Pro or 8800GTX.

What's interesting is that all the reviews of the 7970 show the same level of performance difference between the GTX580 and the 6970, and the GTX580 and the 7970. For the last year you've told us about how the difference in performance between the 6970 and the GTX580 is "meaningless" and "not worth paying more money for".

Yet now you are telling everyone the very same difference in performance is "amazing" and "well worth paying for".

If this card would have launched December 2010 and been the highest price card, all I could have said is "Yep, it's worth it. Only reason anyone has to buy a GTX580 is if they want the 3d or PhysX".

But it's launching in January 2012, so all I can say is "This card is likely to be trumped very soon by a similarly priced card that will likely offer at least a similar level of higher performance and the better 3d and PhysX.".

So it's a good card, but not at early adopter etailer gouger prices, but at the price it will settle into when Kepler launches and forces it's pricing where it belongs in the pricing structure of 2012.

Rig 2: