Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-14-12, 05:26 PM   #13
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Default Re: Steam support SUCKS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
Why should it matter how many games a person has purchased?
Well obviously once you have a certain number of steam games you no longer have to abide by their rules.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-12, 05:49 PM   #14
CoSWill

I own a business.

A customer that has purchased 400 of anything is a very good customer.

I have never cancelled anyone's account due to a problem with an order. They get a courtesy call about the problem. In Steam's case it should be an email stating the problem.

The customer is the reason anyone is in business. If you lose sight of that, then you deserve what happens down the line...NetFlix for example.
CoSWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-12, 09:46 PM   #15
Johnny C
Passing you @ 192mph

Since they are technically withholding access to your own property you may have legal recourse...
Phenom II 965BE @ 3.9ghz 200X19.5 1.4625 vcore 2.8ghz NB 2.4ghz HT - Asus M4A79XTD-EVO bios 0604 - 12GB Corsair DDR3 1600 @ 1600mhz CAS 9 w/1T - XFX 6970 2GB 950/1450 - Xigmatek S1283 HSF - Antec 900 - Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Johnny C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-12, 10:04 PM   #16
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny C View Post
Since they are technically withholding access to your own property you may have legal recourse...
In their TOS, i believe they say that they can withhold access to your account for any reason that breaks one of their rules. the games you buy on steam are legally not your property.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-12, 10:43 PM   #17
ReclusiveMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
Why should it matter how many games a person has purchased?

Guess what? Steam is a business, not a hostel or a gypsy bar. It does matter in an enterprise, what or how much someone has purchased. And the response time should be way shorter as well. Why is the technology world filled with sexless narcissists that seem to think nothing matters and that it is in fashion to act like people are all stupid for speaking?
4 Gigabytes Corsair @ 800 MHZ
Audigy X-Fi Extreme Gamer with Creative 4.1 Surround
Asus VE245 24' LCD
Antec 900
WD 300 GB EIDE
ReclusiveMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-12, 11:36 PM   #18
Rakeesh

Quote:
You don't actually own the games, you just have a license to play them, which can be revoked at any time for any reason, as per the steam TOS which you agree to when you buy the game. This is why I avoid steam wherever I can.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-12, 11:45 PM   #19
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReclusiveMan View Post
Hey buddy: Are you dense or something? You act as though you're some sort of calm, Mister **** together type about everything.
Bob is a pretty good guy, he doesn't "act as" anything.

Quote:
Guess what? Steam is a business, not a hostel or a gypsy bar. It does matter in an enterprise, what or how much someone has purchased. And the response time should be way shorter as well.
Actually, legally it does not. Most successful businesses will often value their most profitable customers, but not all of them do.

Quote:
Why is the technology world filled with sexless narcissists that seem to think nothing matters and that it is in fashion to act like people are all stupid for speaking?

Jeez

In short: why dont you go **** your self you fat piece of ****.
I think you're reading too far into his responses, not to mention being a douche.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-12, 12:19 AM   #20
bob saget

Quote:

Guess what? Steam is a business, not a hostel or a gypsy bar. It does matter in an enterprise, what or how much someone has purchased. And the response time should be way shorter as well. Why is the technology world filled with sexless narcissists that seem to think nothing matters and that it is in fashion to act like people are all stupid for speaking?

Jeez
you're an intelligent one, aren't you. in a perfect world, yes, the response time should be quick, however with 30 million unique accounts, does it not seem rational that the response time will be anything but quick. expecting quick responses from steam is just stupid, not to mention the number of games you bought to affect leniency towards a steam user breaking the rules so me, who has less than 50 games, should get banned when my payment doesn't go through, but someone with 400 shouldn't? or they should get some special treatment?
regardless of the reason that he got banned, in steam's eyes, he broke the rules, and as such, should be punished as per their regular protocol. this isn't rocket science
EDIT: consider this a warning. your original post has been edited. personal attacks will not be tolerated on this forum.

Old 01-15-12, 01:40 AM   #21
jcrox
Mahna Mahna

bob... you're short, funny looking, and smell bad. And WTF is up with your hair?

/bob_saget personal attack

But seriously... Valve isn't a brick and mortar store that you walk into and get service from. If you want brick and mortar company type of service, buy from one instead of Steam.

Gaming

MSI MPower Z87 | 4770k | CNPS9900MAX-B | 8GB G.Skill 1866 | EVGA GTX760 |ThermalTake 850w | X-Fi Titanium | HAF | Asus PA248Q | Lycosa | Death Adder | Win8 Pro 64

Dev/Backup

MSI GD65 | 2500k | H50 | 8GB G.skill | GTX570 | Ubuntu 13.10

Laptop

17" Inspiron | i5 | 4GB DDR3 | 500GB HDD | Win7 Pro 64

jcrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-12, 07:43 AM   #22
BioHazZarD
USCM Marine

Send a message via MSN to BioHazZarD

So you spend money digitally and you shouldnt get the same treatment as if you bought in a lame store? They take the same prices and since they passed now 5 million user mark they should afford good customer support.
Chieftec Miditower /w 5 case fans | Corsair 620W HX PSU | Asus M4N98TD EVO SLI | AMD Athlon2 X2 260 3,2GHz | Corsair 3GB PC3-10666 | eVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB (336shader) | Samsung Spinpoint x2 250GB HD +SATA 320GB | SB Audigy 4 @ 2.1 | Samsung Syncmaster BX2331 TFT 23" running 1920x1080@60hz | Windows XP PRO SP2 | |
BioHazZarD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-12, 09:08 AM   #23
Johnny C
Passing you @ 192mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrox View Post
bob... you're short, funny looking, and smell bad. And WTF is up with your hair?

/bob_saget personal attack

But seriously... Valve isn't a brick and mortar store that you walk into and get service from. If you want brick and mortar company type of service, buy from one instead of Steam.
Therein lies the problem.

What happens if you go to wally world...pick up a copy of skyrim, then load it up only to be forced into steamworks....then steam suspends your account and you can't play skyrim?

I know what i'd do...I'd crack that game like a coconut..since I paid for it. It's mine..and I have a right to use what I've paid for.

But when you have the majority of your games through steam you risk losing access to something you've paid for.(I'm not arguing whether you own it, or subscribe to it) Plain and simple you'd paid something for it.

@Bob,

I wasn't insulted in the least. I did read their TOS and I will not purchase any games through steam because of it.

I'll buy a hard copy from a retailer. If it's steamworks and they screw me around. Visa will ensure my money is returned promptly leaving me no worse for wear.
Phenom II 965BE @ 3.9ghz 200X19.5 1.4625 vcore 2.8ghz NB 2.4ghz HT - Asus M4A79XTD-EVO bios 0604 - 12GB Corsair DDR3 1600 @ 1600mhz CAS 9 w/1T - XFX 6970 2GB 950/1450 - Xigmatek S1283 HSF - Antec 900 - Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Johnny C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-12, 12:13 PM   #24
bob saget

Quote:
Visa will ensure my money is returned promptly leaving me no worse for wear.
What do you mean? If you buy a game, and then a week (or a year) later your account gets suspended for whatever reason, Visa will give you back your money? Do they always do this? Cause if they give you money back, and they don't rip it out of Gabe's hands, where does it come from?