Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-26-11, 01:14 PM   #37
grey_1

Default Re: WHQL 280.26 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
They're pushing it too far atm it seems, the drivers have been somewhat stable this install compared to when i first tried them but not without faults, the screen still goes black from time to time. Haven't gotten the recovered problem now though (yet)

For me nvidias drivers have been on the crappy side ever since they released the performance updated drivers for Dragon age 2, after that all DX11 content has been shady and i've had to downclock my gfx card from it's default 800mhz to 775mhz to prevent freezing/crashing. Dx11 benchmarks would freeze/crash eventhough the temps never exceded 65c with 60% fanspeed. Before those drivers i ran the card at 835 mhz without one single issue for a long time.

But now crysis 2 have started to freeze again, works perfectly in dx9 though so go figure
I wouldn't trust my card to any of these new releases - but that's just me. I think you're dead on with the "push it too far" statement. This is some pretty powerful hardware from the 480 on, it's foolish to risk stability for the sake of a few frames per second - if that's what the issue really is.

Just tweak existing drivers, squash bugs, enhance IQ and call it a day. buggy release after buggy release doesn't benefit anyone.
Old 08-26-11, 08:52 PM   #38
Yaboze

270.61's seem to work well in Witcher 2, DA2 and other games. I dunno wtf Nvidia is doing with their drivers since then.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-11, 06:24 AM   #39
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Some people are pointing the finger at manufacturers releasing overclocked edition cards and not supplying ample voltage.

The thing is, most of them have worked fine for months up until the latest driver sets. A few years back it wasn't much of a problem as new driver sets would drop every couple of weeks, now your talking months before a fix.

On the nVidia forums one of their employees has actually said P-State usage has been redone for the next driver sets so i'm hoping that sorts the problems we are seeing.

I need to update drivers for the newer SLI profiles, unless that nVidia update thing gets those and you don't have to update the driver too?
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-11, 08:12 AM   #40
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Dear oh dear.

Well, my Deus Ex HR crashing was sorted. I increased the mV from 0.975 upto 1.0mv using Afterburner and set Force constant voltage.

For some reason the 280.26 drivers seem to be far more sensitive.

Not sure where I stand here, the card clocks are factory set along with everything else. There doesn't seem to be much communication between the manufacturers and nVidia on these changes they make, whatever they might be.

Thought the days of having to soft mod to get games working for overclocking yourself were bad enough let alone doing it to get hardware working out of the box correctly.

I could RMA the cards and i'll end up with two with exactly the same issue.

MSI's solution is to BUY... yes, BUY an app created by one of their employees to mod the bios. Unbelievable.

Although that is a user to user forum endorsed by them linked from their homepage.

The thing is though, why are the drivers suddenly needing more mV to be stable? Just doesn't add up.

I've not had the TDR crash in Windows, browsing or anything and to be fair it's only been in one game so far.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-11, 03:04 AM   #41
[AK]Zip
New Level Of Epic

These drivers work well for me and I have been using them since launch.
[AK]Zip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-12, 05:53 AM   #42
davidfroles

oh wow! Looks like they're getting worse every release...what the heck?

most wanted