Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 400/500 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-15-12, 10:10 AM   #49
Logical

Default Re: next gen kepler to support dx 11.1, also take a year to rollout all cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
I hope so. 2Gb, just won't cut it IMO. If it's not 3Gb, then i'm going ATI next round.
Same here but i do believe the 2GB 256 bit versions will be the GK107/GK106 the higher end GK104 will more than likely be 3GB and 386 bit. Then there will be the GK110 (GTX 680) beast single card and GK112 Dual card. When people mention 'Kepler' quite a few others seem to think they're talking about one card and not an architecture....

Not sure if i can wait till the end of 2012 for a GTX680 though...Another 12 months on my GTX285 isn't what i wanted..
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-12, 09:08 AM   #50
Mojoe

Default Re: next gen kepler to support dx 11.1, also take a year to rollout all cards

http://vr-zone.com/articles/rumour-n...ary/14552.html

Quote:
A rumour from Chinese forums Chiphell suggests that NVIDIA has pulled in the release of GeForce GTX 680 from the original plan of March/April to as early as late February.

The rumour claims GTX 680 will offer similar performance to AMD's Radeon HD 7970. Clock speed is 780 MHz - no higher than GTX 580 - while it sports 2GB memory. While this suggests a 512-bit or 256-bit memory bus, NVIDIA has in the past mated 1GB to 192-bit with GTX 550 Ti, so it is possible GTX 680 has a 384-bit memory interface. Little else is revealed about the mysterious GTX 680.

The source of the rumour is notable forum member Napoleon from Chiphell, who has a history of leaking GPU related information. That said, this is nothing but a rumour - amidst other conflicting rumours - and must be considered as such.

Source: Chiphell

Read more: http://vr-zone.com/articles/rumour-n...#ixzz1jdNKCwFu
Old 01-16-12, 11:53 AM   #51
Rollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojoe View Post
No WAY! But...but...I thought high end Kepler based parts were "far off in the future, maybe June, but more likely year end"?!?

That would be interesting if the Keplers make 7970s look like not such a great deal after all a scant 7 weeks after people started buying them for $550+.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-12, 12:00 PM   #52
Maverick123w

Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w

Nvidia better have an ace up their sleeve. This is starting to look bad.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-12, 12:05 PM   #53
Rollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Well, if the reference card ends up with only 2GB VRAM, I sure hope that someone will release a 4GB card - using the reference cooler!
You could always go back to CF with 7970s, and deal with driver fails like this guy:

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2219789

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond MM Driver
Welcome to Crossfire. VGA not found.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-12, 12:16 PM   #54
i SPY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
You could always go back to CF with 7970s, and deal with driver fails like this guy:

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2219789
or nvidia and have device not found if you upgraded from old 266 to 290 driver
http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.ph...0&postcount=11

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojoe View Post

Nvidia is starting to look like a joke, even AMD didnt cause such false hype about dates and stuff..
intel Q9450 @ 3.656Ghz [1.3875v, LLC off]| GA-X48-DS5 [Memory Enhance: Turbo]|MSi N570GTX TwinFrozrIII OC/PowerEdition|Kingston HyperX 4x2GB PC 8500 @ 1097Mhz [5-5-5-18, 2.25v]| Creative X-FI Pro [SB046A]| Tagan PipeRock 600w [48A]

i SPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-12, 01:05 PM   #55
Redeemed

As much as I love my AMD video cards, their drivers do have problems.

For example, when I first bought my 5770 around august of 10 I believe it was, newer games ran great on it. Go to fire up MoH:AA or the first CoD- no dice. I believe I had to run the drivers from when the card first came out in order for the games to launch.

Well a couple days ago I had a WWII itch, so I go to fire up CoD. I'm running the latest drivers and don't have anything over clocked, right now everything is running stock.

CoD crashes. I figured being that it is a different video card from my 5770, and also quite a bit of time has passed since my previous attempt to play any older games, you know I just thought it'd work. Nope. And I'm not about to go digging through the archive of drivers trying to find the one that'll let me play an older game. Not when I've got Skyrim, RAGE, and BF3 to occupy my time.

It is frustrating however, I've never had such a problem with any nVidia card I've owned, and I've owned FAR more nvidia based cards than ATi or AMD ones.

I've often wondered- what if I setup an XP virtual machine with, say an emulated GF6800 or whatever. Maybe then I could play those older titles.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-12, 01:11 PM   #56
shadow001

Quote:
No WAY! But...but...I thought high end Kepler based parts were "far off in the future, maybe June, but more likely year end"?!?

That would be interesting if the Keplers make 7970s look like not such a great deal after all a scant 7 weeks after people started buying them for $550+.

I'd be more worried that the article claims that the new card has similar performance relative to the HD7970 cards and pack less memory by default, but that's crazy old just me....Remember you're the one in the other thread that routinely claimed over and over again, that Kepler would easily beat the HD7970 by a wide margin and make users who are buying the latter regret their purchase..

Pray that the article isn't accurate, because if it is then it's best you wear your finest flame resistant suit, cause you'll be roasted alive, and so will the card in reviews...
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-12, 02:28 PM   #57
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
As much as I love my AMD video cards, their drivers do have problems.

For example, when I first bought my 5770 around august of 10 I believe it was, newer games ran great on it. Go to fire up MoH:AA or the first CoD- no dice. I believe I had to run the drivers from when the card first came out in order for the games to launch.

Well a couple days ago I had a WWII itch, so I go to fire up CoD. I'm running the latest drivers and don't have anything over clocked, right now everything is running stock.

CoD crashes. I figured being that it is a different video card from my 5770, and also quite a bit of time has passed since my previous attempt to play any older games, you know I just thought it'd work. Nope. And I'm not about to go digging through the archive of drivers trying to find the one that'll let me play an older game. Not when I've got Skyrim, RAGE, and BF3 to occupy my time.

It is frustrating however, I've never had such a problem with any nVidia card I've owned, and I've owned FAR more nvidia based cards than ATi or AMD ones.

I've often wondered- what if I setup an XP virtual machine with, say an emulated GF6800 or whatever. Maybe then I could play those older titles.
Gonna have to call the user error card on that one...

I just installed COD because I was curious if what you said was true... And well, It installed and ran just fine for me. That's even with some beta drivers and 3 7970's... Don't see how you had a problem with mature drivers and a single gpu.

Pic...
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-12, 02:29 PM   #58
lee63
Classified

The 3GB of is big thing for me as I like to crank up the AA, hopefully this rumor isn't true. this is the first time I waited and not bought the first thing that came out....its kind fun.
Old 01-16-12, 02:29 PM   #59
Ninja Prime

Quote:

Ahh, so you're saying NVs "high end Kepler based part" only just equals the 7970? Does that make it the same failure that you say 7970 was, in fact, doesnt that make it worse, considering relative to NVs own last high end generation, its only 16% faster?

Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-12, 02:32 PM   #60
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee63 View Post
The 3GB of is big thing for me as I like to crank up the AA, hopefully this rumor isn't true. this is the first time I waited and not bought the first thing that came out....its kind fun.
I don't know that theres anything on a single monitor yet that can use more than 2Gb, IIRC, Crysis 2 fully updated to DX11 with the texture pack can only use 1.86Gb with 8x AA. There might be some games later this year though maybe.

Of course, if you're multi-monitor then yeah its a big deal.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote