Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > Other Desktop Graphics Cards

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-19-12, 03:47 PM   #73
ViN86

Default Re: 7970 CF issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
There are lots of CF issues in play with these cards. Specific games not scaling, 25x16 not working,on AnandTech a CF user couldn't get his cards recognized by Vista!
I appreciate you informing everyone of the issues, but with repetition, your selective posting comes across as inflammatory instead of constructive.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-12, 03:54 PM   #74
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
I appreciate you informing everyone of the issues, but with repetition, your selective posting comes across as inflammatory instead of constructive.
This has been pointed out to him a million times. He doesn't care or is too dense to understand it. I put him on ignore a while ago, but with everybody quoting him I see that was pointless of me.

The dude is a tool, a shill for nVidia. In all his attempts to place nVidia on a pedestal he does them more harm than good imo. His attempts to promote them as a company result in the exact opposite. I'm really wanting to upgrade my GPU and naturally am hoping keplar brings something to the table but it irks me to think I'd but "on his side". The dude is a lame, old, irritating joke and nothing more.

It's almost like his sole purpose of existance is to run damage control for nVidia. Even when they don't need it, it's his job to slander AMD at every possible turn and sing praise to nVidia.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-12, 04:34 PM   #75
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
This has been pointed out to him a million times. He doesn't care or is too dense to understand it. I put him on ignore a while ago, but with everybody quoting him I see that was pointless of me.

The dude is a tool, a shill for nVidia. In all his attempts to place nVidia on a pedestal he does them more harm than good imo. His attempts to promote them as a company result in the exact opposite. I'm really wanting to upgrade my GPU and naturally am hoping keplar brings something to the table but it irks me to think I'd but "on his side". The dude is a lame, old, irritating joke and nothing more.

It's almost like his sole purpose of existance is to run damage control for nVidia. Even when they don't need it, it's his job to slander AMD at every possible turn and sing praise to nVidia.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-12, 04:35 PM   #76
shadow001

Quote:
There are lots of CF issues in play with these cards. Specific games not scaling, 25x16 not working,on AnandTech a CF user couldn't get his cards recognized by Vista!

Specific games not scaling is common to both SLI and crossfire, such as skyrim not scaling at all in SLI for instance and the game has been out for a while now, and it also has the same problem in crossfire too...

Mind you, i don't play the game but it's a problem common for both companies and their multi GPU tech so no one is better than the other here if we're going to count all the specific cases, and there are a few of them...
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-12, 04:39 PM   #77
ViN86

Please keep thread on topic, or I'll close it.
Old 01-19-12, 04:47 PM   #78
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post

Shove off, Bob!
Old 01-19-12, 05:25 PM   #79
Rollo

The topic should not be closed because ATI fans are attempting to get it closed. The people posting off topic should be warned and their posts deleted. I've posted more factual, verified infornation in this thread than some of the naysayers have posted in a month. If kepler launches to this backlash Ill post that too. The forums should be about making info like this known, not hiding it.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-12, 05:29 PM   #80
Redeemed

Kepler is fueled by Chuck Norris.

FACK.

Old 01-19-12, 05:37 PM   #81
shadow001

Quote:
The topic should not be closed because ATI fans are attempting to get it closed. The people posting off topic should be warned and their posts deleted. I've posted more factual, verified infornation in this thread than some of the naysayers have posted in a month. If kepler launches to this backlash Ill post that too. The forums should be about making info like this known, not hiding it.

We're not attempting anything of the sort, just that issues with multi GPU setups are common with both companies, and not great with one company and awfull with it's competitor that just released new cards on the market....

I'd love to see you post this intensively if Kepler and it's multi GPU support are rough for the first few months until it's drivers are more or less sorted out, but i know it'll never happen with you....
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-12, 05:47 PM   #82
Viral
Registered User of Women

Quote:
So let me get this straight... When multiple forum users post bad reports with SLI, they are all the same person with a vendetta against nvidia. Only proper review sites can be trusted to report on such matters!

When one person using a rather uncommon OS reports of an issue with CF it's a major problem and it's your duty to let everyone everywhere know.

Nice double standards, once again.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-12, 06:02 PM   #83
ViN86

Quote:
Deleting a thread is hiding. Locking a thread is for when a thread no longer becomes useful.
Old 01-19-12, 06:24 PM   #84
Rollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
So let me get this straight... When multiple forum users post bad reports with SLI, they are all the same person with a vendetta against nvidia. Only proper review sites can be trusted to report on such matters!

When one person using a rather uncommon OS reports of an issue with CF it's a major problem and it's your duty to let everyone everywhere know.

Nice double standards, once again.
1. This thread isn't about SLi
2. I did IP checks on those people with the vendetta and proved they had multiple accounts, then other site admins used the IP addresses to verify. (again, fact, not my "guesses")
3. There are seven professional websites linked to in this thread noting these issues with ATi products. I'll post more as I see them.
4. I invite you to try to find a group of seven editors writing about SLi problems on a card's launch. I don't think you can find it. OTOH, I know I can do the same with previous ATi product launches , because this isn't the first thread like this I've created.

anonymous forum user /= professional review site

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote