Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-19-03, 09:41 AM   #1
DivotMaker

Default Tiger Woods 2004 PC wins 2nd consecutive PC Sports GOTY Award

Considering Tiger is aimed at a niche' market so to speak, I am thrilled to see it listed as #4 PC GOTY overall when you consider the competition....

Quote:
Originally posted by GameSpy

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004

It's hard to decide where to start talking about Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004. Do we talk about the fact that it's a completely different game from the console titles, a complete rarity among sports games? Do we focus on all the improvements that have been made since last year's game, which took our award for best PC Sports Game of 2002? Or do we just talk about the fact that Tiger 2004 is several games in one, and arguably the best PC golf game ever?

http://www.gamespy.com/goty2003/pc/index7.shtml
DivotMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-03, 10:17 AM   #2
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

tbh.. it was an interesting game

you can pass on to the game devs however that the computer generated players make too many ridiculous shots through THICK foliage w/o touching a single leaf for the game to be accurate...

there is little point in putting pressure on your opponent to make a tough shot only for them to nearly hole out from 300yds out and behind a thicket of bushes that a fly could not negotiate

my only complaint... that and the fact that the putter changed into a driver or something when someone else putted before you did in a group of like 4 players or so... annoying but simple to deal with (simply change to a different club and back to a putter)
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-03, 10:35 AM   #3
MUYA

Send a message via MSN to MUYA

/me likeys this game a lot

Not suprised...never played Madden 2004 or nhl 2004

Disappointed with fifa 2004

but TW PGA Tour 2004 is a good game

True Swing Rocks

MUYA
Corsair K90 - Corsair Venegance 2000 Headset - Razer Naga Epic
Corsair 600T Case
MUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-03, 10:37 AM   #4
The Baron

my brother has played nothing but TW2004 about 6 hours a day for the past three days... DAMN YOU, BBEA! I NEED MY COMPUTER BACK!

(actually, it IS a great game. it's easy to start playing, but wow, it's addictive. )
Old 12-19-03, 10:40 AM   #5
DivotMaker

Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
my brother has played nothing but TW2004 about 6 hours a day for the past three days... DAMN YOU, BBEA! I NEED MY COMPUTER BACK!

(actually, it IS a great game. it's easy to start playing, but wow, it's addictive. )
I'm truly sorry ....

You think it is bad now, wait til he gets well into Career Mode or *gasp* discovers online play through EASO....

Thanks for the comments guys....it is appreciated!
Old 12-19-03, 10:48 AM   #6
The Baron

it is Career Mode. that's the problem.
Old 12-19-03, 02:57 PM   #7
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

I suppose it's mostly due to the fact that I've played the Links series back when it was Worldclass Leaderboard Golf (on the C64 w00t!) but I wasn't all that impressed with TW '04. The graphics are nothing special IMO and it just didn't "feel" right to me when I played the demo.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-03, 05:38 PM   #8
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

its bloody addictive

its alot of fun... graphics may not be amazing but its well good enough

gameplay is where its at and I was very happy with it...
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-28-03, 01:29 PM   #9
bknblk
Filthy Pinko

I haven't played a golf game since super nintendo. I received this as a holiday gift, never expecting to enjoy it so completely. No one thing stands out as groundbreaking, but the elements of the game combine for a very nice playing experience. I will be playing this a lot.
The whole idea of a Palestinian nation and a Palestinian people is an invention of Arab propaganda. Arafat was himself an Egyptian. The only people to have lived continuously on the land from time immemorial are Jews. So many others have conquered, ruled, thrived and ultimately perished there that the list would take hundreds of pages. A mere sample would include: Byzantines, Persians, Arabs, Turks, Circassians, Kurds, Abbassids (Iraqis), Egyptians, Kharezmians (Genghis Khan), Mamluks, Mongols, Latins (Crusaders), Ottomans, French and English.

It is not and never was Palestinian land.

"If we ever forget that we're One Nation Under God,
then we will be a nation gone under."....Ronald Reagan

"You guys are still crying about Fox News? Damn you little sandy vagina metro sexual emos need to grow a pair of balls."....UDawg(FTMFW)
bknblk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-03, 10:58 PM   #10
DivotMaker

Quote:
Originally posted by bknblk
I haven't played a golf game since super nintendo. I received this as a holiday gift, never expecting to enjoy it so completely. No one thing stands out as groundbreaking, but the elements of the game combine for a very nice playing experience. I will be playing this a lot.
Very nice to hear you are enjoying the game...thank you for your feedback!
Old 12-29-03, 01:07 PM   #11
mrsabidji
I am the cheese...

Send a message via ICQ to mrsabidji

Quote:
Originally posted by saturnotaku
I suppose it's mostly due to the fact that I've played the Links series back when it was Worldclass Leaderboard Golf (on the C64 w00t!)
Hey, I had this one on my first PC, 320x200 16 colors and all !! What a great game that was. I never played any other golf game since then (exception made of this one on NeoGeo with the mustache guy (can't remember the name) with a friend... we played all night long... yeah, we were rather stoned too...). So I didn't play TW2004, sorry BBEA, I'm sure it's a great game though.

mrsabidji