Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 400/500 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-28-12, 04:23 PM   #169
Rollo
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,719
Default Re: next gen kepler to support dx 11.1, also take a year to rollout all cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
I'd just want a game to be released that could justify the price and performance of such a machine. It must be like having a Ferrari with a speed limiter on it....nice to look at n all but speed wont go above 30mph untill the Fords and Vauxhalls are powerfull enough to do the same. Yes i referenced consoles as Fords and Vauxhalls.....

Surround gaming is nice but how often do you look at the left and right monitors when gaming ? When i tried my friends surround setup with Dirt 3 and Logitech wheel and pedals etc etc I found my focus still only to be on the middle monitor....Is it a gimmick ?...Is it for the benefit of spectators for more of a wow factor ?...I have never tried surround gaming in 3D but i can't imagine it being much different with the focus being only on the middle screen.

I do hope some developers can release a game that will actualy make use of the system you have there shadow....
You are correct that you mainly focus on the center monitor, but having the other two in your peripheral vision make the game seem more immersive. (likely because it fills more of your field of vision with the game)

With 3d it's pretty much the same, although 3d in general adds more immersion as the scene gets depth. You look into the picture instead of at the picture.

I have been doing some gaming on my 30" 25X16 monitor lately, and playing Crysis2 on my 57 X 10 set as well (23.6" X 3)The surround is just more immersive, definitely not a "gimmick".

BTW- I've played on 6 panel EyeFinity as well, and feel sorry for anyone who got duped into that. The action is on the two middle monitors and you really notice the bezels. When they're in you're peripheral vision you tend to forget they are there because you're not looking directly at the. The way the playing field is divided with 6 panel, you're forced to look at the bezels.
__________________
Rig1:
intel 990X + 2 X EVGA 3GB GTX580 + 3 X Acer GD235Hz
3D Vision Surround

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-12, 05:20 PM   #170
shadow001
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,526
Default Re: next gen kepler to support dx 11.1, also take a year to rollout all cards

Seems that according to this article at VR-zone(sourced from fudzilla), the first Kepler GPU's will ship in mid february, but are intended for notebooks that will be released in april when Intel releases models with ivy bridge chips in them, and there's no mention of the desktop Geforce versions at all, never mind the high end version intended to beat the HD7970.


http://vr-zone.com/articles/report-n...ems/14658.html


No comments from me and make up your own minds....
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-12, 06:06 PM   #171
Rollo
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,719
Default Re: next gen kepler to support dx 11.1, also take a year to rollout all cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
Seems that according to this article at VR-zone(sourced from fudzilla), the first Kepler GPU's will ship in mid february, but are intended for notebooks that will be released in april when Intel releases models with ivy bridge chips in them, and there's no mention of the desktop Geforce versions at all, never mind the high end version intended to beat the HD7970.


http://vr-zone.com/articles/report-n...ems/14658.html


No comments from me and make up your own minds....
It won't be the "high end" keplers that compete with the 7970- it will be midrange keplers. For NVIDIA to launch a high end part based on a totally new architecture with a measly 15-25% performance increase over last generation is both inconceivable and unprecedented.

There probably is no mention of desktop kepler because NVIDIA doesn't comment on unreleased parts, as always.

Don't worry Shadow, your 7970s will look like a midrange offering and lose $150 -$200 of their value soon enough.
__________________
Rig1:
intel 990X + 2 X EVGA 3GB GTX580 + 3 X Acer GD235Hz
3D Vision Surround

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-12, 06:13 PM   #172
Roadhog
Resident Alien
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,776
Default Re: next gen kepler to support dx 11.1, also take a year to rollout all cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
There probably is no mention of desktop kepler because NVIDIA doesn't comment on unreleased parts, as always.
GTX 480? Last I checked they hyped the crap out of that thing. Woodscrews and all.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-12, 08:00 PM   #173
Rollo
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,719
Default Re: next gen kepler to support dx 11.1, also take a year to rollout all cards

NM
__________________
Rig1:
intel 990X + 2 X EVGA 3GB GTX580 + 3 X Acer GD235Hz
3D Vision Surround

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-12, 08:10 PM   #174
Roadhog
Resident Alien
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,776
Default Re: next gen kepler to support dx 11.1, also take a year to rollout all cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
AMD Viral Marketer? Last I heard, you guys hype the crap out of everything, epic fails and all.
Oh my, did I read that right? You just called me an AMD viral marketer? That's the most hilarious thing I've heard from you, ever. Also, what would that have to do with anything? There's a pretty big difference over regular users getting excited and hyping up rumors vs the company producing the GPU spewing out rumors/hype. You are excellent at ignoring/avoiding the statement/question when you are wrong.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-12, 08:35 PM   #175
Rollo
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,719
Default Re: next gen kepler to support dx 11.1, also take a year to rollout all cards

NM
__________________
Rig1:
intel 990X + 2 X EVGA 3GB GTX580 + 3 X Acer GD235Hz
3D Vision Surround

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-12, 08:37 PM   #176
Roadhog
Resident Alien
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,776
Default Re: next gen kepler to support dx 11.1, also take a year to rollout all cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
Sorry AMD viral marketer. I don't care how much they pay you to spread FUD and misinformation, you aren't worth my time.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-12, 09:30 PM   #177
K007
 
K007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Australia, Sydney
Posts: 9,406
Default Re: next gen kepler to support dx 11.1, also take a year to rollout all cards

lol i like how he changed his stuff but you have it on quotes.....

trolling leads to the dark side..
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-12, 09:39 PM   #178
Roadhog
Resident Alien
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,776
Default Re: next gen kepler to support dx 11.1, also take a year to rollout all cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
lol i like how he changed his stuff but you have it on quotes.....

trolling leads to the dark side..
He does that a lot.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-12, 12:18 AM   #179
shadow001
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,526
Default Re: next gen kepler to support dx 11.1, also take a year to rollout all cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
It won't be the "high end" keplers that compete with the 7970- it will be midrange keplers. For NVIDIA to launch a high end part based on a totally new architecture with a measly 15-25% performance increase over last generation is both inconceivable and unprecedented.

There probably is no mention of desktop kepler because NVIDIA doesn't comment on unreleased parts, as always.

Don't worry Shadow, your 7970s will look like a midrange offering and lose $150 -$200 of their value soon enough.

The more you hype it up, the harder you make Nvidia's job to impress people when the high end fermi eventually does release, since they expect something huge....Just saying, and if it doesn't turn out to be what you're suggesting/implying, then if you think you're being flamed hard now, just wait until that point in time....This is just the tip of the iceberg by comparison...
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-12, 08:08 AM   #180
Rollo
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,719
Default Re: next gen kepler to support dx 11.1, also take a year to rollout all cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
The more you hype it up, the harder you make Nvidia's job to impress people when the high end fermi eventually does release, since they expect something huge....Just saying, and if it doesn't turn out to be what you're suggesting/implying, then if you think you're being flamed hard now, just wait until that point in time....This is just the tip of the iceberg by comparison...
So you think I care about the handful of guys here who flame me? (and coincidentally also flame NVIDIA a lot and promote ATi a lot)

That I sit in my home with a tear running down my cheek thinking,"Why won't Ninja Prime and RoadHog accept my posts as truth?!"?

If I "flamed" you, would you care what I said or thought? If so, don't you think that's pretty nuts?

I look at their posts the same way I look at the guy dressed in rags standing on the street yelling about the end of the world. Perhaps to be pitied, never to be taken seriously.

I post links to information from independent review sites for people who wish to see it, and give my opinions of the gaming hardware industry for those who wish to read it.
__________________
Rig1:
intel 990X + 2 X EVGA 3GB GTX580 + 3 X Acer GD235Hz
3D Vision Surround

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.