Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 400/500 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-29-12, 12:22 PM   #181
shadow001

Default Re: next gen kepler to support dx 11.1, also take a year to rollout all cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
So you think I care about the handful of guys here who flame me? (and coincidentally also flame NVIDIA a lot and promote ATi a lot)

That I sit in my home with a tear running down my cheek thinking,"Why won't Ninja Prime and RoadHog accept my posts as truth?!"?

If I "flamed" you, would you care what I said or thought? If so, don't you think that's pretty nuts?

I look at their posts the same way I look at the guy dressed in rags standing on the street yelling about the end of the world. Perhaps to be pitied, never to be taken seriously.

I post links to information from independent review sites for people who wish to see it, and give my opinions of the gaming hardware industry for those who wish to read it.

Actually, and i don't mean this in a mean way at all, your reputation/credibility in many other forums where you post under rollo or other aliases, isn't exactly stellar either( i'm putting it nicely here), as many say you simply talk out of your ass practically all of the time.

But anyways, back to the topic at hand and that latest article i posted, wich according to fudzilla, Nvidia is already going to do it's first Kepler deliveries in february and aimed for notebooks that will be released in april, when intel will release ivy bridge, and to also compete with the mobile versions of AMD's HD7000 series, available by then too.

So if plans are already being disclosed for the mobile part introductions, why isn't there any information on the desktop version of keplar?, since according to you, they're supposed to also launch in april as well?....Actually you mentioned that the midrange version of kepler will beat the higher end HD7970 a little earlier, wich is one hell of a claim to make, and i will remember that once april comes along you know...Just saying
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-12, 01:02 PM   #182
Rollo

Default Re: next gen kepler to support dx 11.1, also take a year to rollout all cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
Actually, and i don't mean this in a mean way at all, your reputation/credibility in many other forums where you post under rollo or other aliases, isn't exactly stellar either( i'm putting it nicely here), as many say you simply talk out of your ass practically all of the time.
You do know there are a lot of people on the forums who are paid to post that I am "talking out of my ass" right?

http://alienbabeltech.com/abt/viewto...p?f=44&t=24247

I know of three PR firms that use viral marketing ATi/AMD have employed: High Road, Design Reactor, and Edelman. A lot of those people you see that mysteriously always have uber rigs, are always online, always post positive AMD and negative NVIDIA are just doing their jobs.

Quote:

But anyways, back to the topic at hand and that latest article i posted, wich according to fudzilla, Nvidia is already going to do it's first Kepler deliveries in february and aimed for notebooks that will be released in april, when intel will release ivy bridge, and to also compete with the mobile versions of AMD's HD7000 series, available by then too.

So if plans are already being disclosed for the mobile part introductions, why isn't there any information on the desktop version of keplar?, since according to you, they're supposed to also launch in april as well?....Actually you mentioned that the midrange version of kepler will beat the higher end HD7970 a little earlier, wich is one hell of a claim to make, and i will remember that once april comes along you know...Just saying
No one is posting ANYTHING except unsubstantiated rumors at this point. Every one who knows at this point is under NDA and could lose their job and be prosecuted for leaking info. People like me with press NDA know very little, and won't until very near launch date.

Your logic is illogical "We've heard rumors about one chip but not another so the other one must be late". Are you SURE you want to put that out there and assert that I talk out of my ass? What you just posted makes no sense at all.

As far as mid range Kepler being around 7970 performance, that it not a stretch at all. With 7970s a measly 15-25% faster than a GTX580, and Kepler likely being 50% faster than a 580 or more, the 7970 will in all likelihood be as fast as the 2nd or 3rd tier Kepler part.

Sort of like the 570 was around the same speed as the 6970, the 5870 was around the same speed as the 470, etc.. ATi's cards are almost always around as fast as NVIDIA's 2nd or 3rd tier chips.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-12, 01:23 PM   #183
shadow001

Quote:
You do know there are a lot of people on the forums who are paid to post that I am "talking out of my ass" right?

http://alienbabeltech.com/abt/viewto...p?f=44&t=24247

I know of three PR firms that use viral marketing ATi/AMD have employed: High Road, Design Reactor, and Edelman. A lot of those people you see that mysteriously always have uber rigs, are always online, always post positive AMD and negative NVIDIA are just doing their jobs.

Fair enough...

Quote:
No one is posting ANYTHING except unsubstantiated rumors at this point. Every one who knows at this point is under NDA and could lose their job and be prosecuted for leaking info. People like me with press NDA know very little, and won't until very near launch date.

Your logic is illogical "We've heard rumors about one chip but not another so the other one must be late". Are you SURE you want to put that out there and assert that I talk out of my ass? What you just posted makes no sense at all.

As far as mid range Kepler being around 7970 performance, that it not a stretch at all. With 7970s a measly 15-25% faster than a GTX580, and Kepler likely being 50% faster than a 580 or more, the 7970 will in all likelihood be as fast as the 2nd or 3rd tier Kepler part.

Sort of like the 570 was around the same speed as the 6970, the 5870 was around the same speed as the 470, etc.. ATi's cards are almost always around as fast as NVIDIA's 2nd or 3rd tier chips.

Then you can't tell people to wait either, because it'll be released on a given date, and will perform at this level since you don't know either, basically the rule for proven and substanciated information works in both directions, not just for other people but you as well....The link i posted is just a rumor too, and never suggested it as fact....All Nvidia can do right now is put up with a non ideal situation where their competitor got their next generation part out the door first(it's already happened a few times to be honest), and they can only fire back when they have something to actually show and until that point in time, just stay quiet...
Old 01-29-12, 05:53 PM   #184
Rollo

Quote:
Then you can't tell people to wait either, because it'll be released on a given date, and will perform at this level since you don't know either, basically the rule for proven and substanciated information works in both directions, not just for other people but you as well....The link i posted is just a rumor too, and never suggested it as fact....All Nvidia can do right now is put up with a non ideal situation where their competitor got their next generation part out the door first(it's already happened a few times to be honest), and they can only fire back when they have something to actually show and until that point in time, just stay quiet...
(shrugs)

The scraps of info I collected lead me to believe people would be better off waiting.

That said, if someone really needs a video card right now for some reason the 7970s are fastest. I just think that pretty soon they're not going to look like a $550 card. ATi is profiting while they can, which is to be expected.

Rig 2:

[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Old 01-29-12, 06:21 PM   #185
shadow001

Quote:
(shrugs)

The scraps of info I collected lead me to believe people would be better off waiting.

That said, if someone really needs a video card right now for some reason the 7970s are fastest. I just think that pretty soon they're not going to look like a $550 card. ATi is profiting while they can, which is to be expected.

Then just mention they are scraps of information, or rumors or your own personal opinion....People pay more attention to actual facts and the fact is that the HD7970 is here and it's competitor is not, and we haven't heard a thing on actual release dates for Kepler and what models will be released in what order either....Will they start with the low end stuff, the midrange or the high end first, no one except Nvidia knows.
Old 01-29-12, 06:40 PM   #186
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...35#post2520535

Pretty bold claims for claiming not to know anything.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-12, 07:56 PM   #187
MUYA

Send a message via MSN to MUYA

People would like substantiated claims and not hearsay.

At this point anything about Kepler needs to be taken with a pinch of salt...including various "teases".

Till we have the real reviews out....it's all hogwash.
Corsair K90 - Corsair Venegance 2000 Headset - Razer Naga Epic
Corsair 600T Case
MUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-12, 08:14 PM   #188
Rollo

Quote:
Then just mention they are scraps of information, or rumors or your own personal opinion....People pay more attention to actual facts and the fact is that the HD7970 is here and it's competitor is not, and we haven't heard a thing on actual release dates for Kepler and what models will be released in what order either....Will they start with the low end stuff, the midrange or the high end first, no one except Nvidia knows.
I think I've been pretty clear I don't have concrete details on what the Keplers will be.

OTOH, based on what I've heard from NVIDIA themselves, I wouldn't buy a 7970 now either.

People can take that as they like. I don't really care if people buy 7970s, I'm just telling people it's my impression something better is coming soon.

Rig 2:

Old 01-30-12, 07:14 AM   #189
K007

shouldn't this be moved to the rumorville?
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-12, 07:16 AM   #190
K007

Quote:
I think I've been pretty clear I don't have concrete details on what the Keplers will be.

OTOH, based on what I've heard from NVIDIA themselves, I wouldn't buy a 7970 now either.

People can take that as they like. I don't really care if people buy 7970s, I'm just telling people it's my impression something better is coming soon.
Dude something better is ALWAYS coming..thats how everything advances!!..no competition = no movement...just look at that pile of **** xbox...how long has that thing been running..and its going to be using a bloody $70 video card../facepalm...and its coming out end 2013/2014...

anyway..i do hope the next nvidia flagship card is faster because thats how things are meant to roll out...
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-12, 11:48 AM   #191
Xion X2

Rollo
*BANNED*

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-12, 11:49 AM   #192
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2 View Post
Rollo
*BANNED*

What a post to pick your return on.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote