Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-03-12, 12:39 PM   #37
Cylphid

Default Re: Booting from DVD...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
Yes, I installed SP1.

Thanks for that bman. I will try.
Try that add hardware option I posted above too. If the hardware ID bman posted about is in there that wizard will find it.
Cylphid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-12, 01:22 PM   #38
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylphid View Post
I'd post a link to Creative's Win7 beta drivers that worked perfectly on my X-fi, but since you ignored my tip about the keyboard you can find em yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylphid View Post
Try that add hardware option I posted above too. If the hardware ID bman posted about is in there that wizard will find it.
Nah, I'll probably ignore your suggestion again
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-12, 01:30 PM   #39
Cylphid

Quote:
Old 02-03-12, 02:56 PM   #40
ViN86

Quote:
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-12, 07:09 PM   #41
bob saget

http://imgur.com/a/iFE0C

So it seems like the hardware ID code matches. However, when I try to get at the driver while it is extracted, i can't exactly point right at the driver. Seems the furthest I can go is WDM. If I just finish typing in the target of the file in the bar, it says intallation of PCI device failed.
I really have nothing to lose from doing a clean install because I backed up all my media, so I am thinking thats what I will do tonight.
Old 02-03-12, 08:39 PM   #42
Bman212121

Yea that's definitely the right device, it's just being stubborn. You actually want to say let me pick from a list, and have disk, but I think what you did accomplishes about the same thing. Could also have it look in the XFHX > WDM folder as well.

I'll check but I think on the drivers I downloaded they were all DEV_0005 so it might be possible the driver you got was the wrong one from creative... (even though it should have been correct)

EDIT: Yea under the XFHX > WDM folder there are two entires for DEV_000B. You might want to try pointing it at that folder and see if that does anything.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-12, 09:23 PM   #43
bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman212121 View Post
Yea that's definitely the right device, it's just being stubborn. You actually want to say let me pick from a list, and have disk, but I think what you did accomplishes about the same thing. Could also have it look in the XFHX > WDM folder as well.

I'll check but I think on the drivers I downloaded they were all DEV_0005 so it might be possible the driver you got was the wrong one from creative... (even though it should have been correct)

EDIT: Yea under the XFHX > WDM folder there are two entires for DEV_000B. You might want to try pointing it at that folder and see if that does anything.
I actually tried to do it with that method you said first. where you select "let me pick from a llist" and "have disk", but it keeps saying that the file doesn't contain a compatible software driver. Not quite sure what you mean after you say edit above.
Old 02-03-12, 09:43 PM   #44
bob saget

After so much troubles, and many tears shed. I was just about to try reinstalling windows. I thought since it says "I have disk" in the windows button, maybe I can try pointing it to the drivers on the CD that came with the card. The mother****ing thing finally works and is recognized!

Thank you so very much everybody. Internet high five! I really appreciate it <3
Funny thing now, I am not sure if I should update the drivers (somehow >_<) or just leave them lol. I think I will just leave it as is untill BF3 or some games or programs start having issues, since the drivers from the cd are obvisouly beyond ancient.

Old 02-05-12, 04:57 PM   #45
Cylphid

Quote:
After so much troubles, and many tears shed. I was just about to try reinstalling windows. I thought since it says "I have disk" in the windows button, maybe I can try pointing it to the drivers on the CD that came with the card. The mother****ing thing finally works and is recognized!

Thank you so very much everybody. Internet high five! I really appreciate it <3
Funny thing now, I am not sure if I should update the drivers (somehow >_<) or just leave them lol. I think I will just leave it as is untill BF3 or some games or programs start having issues, since the drivers from the cd are obvisouly beyond ancient.
Surprised it gave you that much trouble, glad you finally got it though.
Old 02-05-12, 11:39 PM   #46
ViN86

Remember bob, if you ever have an unrecognized device, you can always uninstall or remove it from the Device Manager, then reboot to get it to pop up that initial found hardware window again. No need to reinstall Windows.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-12, 10:08 AM   #47
Bman212121

The problem was that I don't think the driver he downloaded has the right device IDs in it to actually work with his card....

Glad you got it working Bob! I definitely wouldn't try changing it as there isn't going to be anything to really gain from using a newer driver.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote