Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-04-12, 05:48 PM   #133
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

holding onto people for 3 months, with one month free, is not a sure sign. It was well known that ToR had a very solid leveling experience, with some people still leveling and others trying to dig into end game content now. It still remains to be seen if they can continue on with the adding new content at a good enough pace AND revise current broken content quick enough to retain people.

And considering even the most lack luster mmos are still active now, ToR will take quite a while to kill off its subscriber base.
Old 02-06-12, 12:22 PM   #134
trivium nate

so im a level 20 sith marauder playing on iron citadel, I'm trying to do class quest to kill a legend, I take the elevator up and I die instantly like wth? any ideas?
42"Vizio TV-1920x1080-1080P-120Hertz//Win 7 Ultimate(64)//XBox360-pc controller
Saitek Eclipse 2 keyboard//Razer DeathAdder Mouse//250gb-Xbox 360//160gb-PS3
trivium nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-12, 01:45 PM   #135
ElL33t
Brobama

The imbalance of pvp is really killing this game for me. I half the reason why I play mmos are for pvp. Right now even with the so-called "nerf" of Ops they still can take you down in no time flat. If I go up against any other class on my Sorc I can win most but it is always a battle. With a Ops, they just pop behind you, open shot you, stun your ass and you are dead. After the nerf they pop behind you, stun your ass and you may get to run away a bit before they catch up and finish you off. It is really pathetic. The worst part are all the ops in the forums crying about the nerf. These twits have no idea that it really is disgusting how easy they can kill people. It should not be this way. In fact a lot of subscribers are threatening to stop playing till they fix that stupidly broken class.
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-12, 02:23 PM   #136
Ghosthunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElL33t View Post
The imbalance of pvp is really killing this game for me. I half the reason why I play mmos are for pvp. Right now even with the so-called "nerf" of Ops they still can take you down in no time flat. If I go up against any other class on my Sorc I can win most but it is always a battle. With a Ops, they just pop behind you, open shot you, stun your ass and you are dead. After the nerf they pop behind you, stun your ass and you may get to run away a bit before they catch up and finish you off. It is really pathetic. The worst part are all the ops in the forums crying about the nerf. These twits have no idea that it really is disgusting how easy they can kill people. It should not be this way. In fact a lot of subscribers are threatening to stop playing till they fix that stupidly broken class.
as a BH merc I have no problems with PVP, but to be honest i haven't done pvp in probably a month, sort of got bored doing those warzones over and over again.

At level 50, I just been doing dailies, and heroic FP.
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-12, 10:25 AM   #137
uOpt
FreeBSD cheering section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
You read the forums and you'd think the game was a massive failure, with all the bitching and moaning. Finally the truth comes out and we have proof of what many of us have known all along, the game is a massive success:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/star-wa...e-subs-6349578

1.7 million active subscribers, and that's after the free month. 85% retention rate, over 2 million copies sold.
No it's not. They clarified later that this is the people in the 30 days. I can't help noticing that there are 300,000 people who payed for the game and then never activated their play time. I wonder whether this has to do with the scheme that required you to put in a credit card and activate a subscription (for after the 30 days) which some people might have misunderstood and thought they were ripped off.

My Unix benchmark results
uOpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-12, 12:25 PM   #138
hirantha
SUC SUDO

I'm done with this game and got 2 months of play time left. stopped at 50 valor.. the whole server started doing kill trade.. what pile of $%^& that is.

Look me up in AION and GW2
Game Tag: Famorak
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-12, 05:30 PM   #139
K007

I am still enjoying this game.

The single player/story with the mmo side for pvp and end game content is very well done. They still need to fine tune the game, but the approach is great.

I think what really made this game a success for bioware is the story and the voice acting. Without it, it would be just another generic mmo. WoW in space.

Remember guys, each class has its own unique story, so it's worth spending time on another class to see the story. Don't forget the companions as well.

Money doesn't seem an issue to me, i went slicing/treasure hunting/underworld trading. using the ah to sell everything. At lvl 34 i have close to a million credit, with a played time of 2 days/14 hours...and there is so much more content left to play.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-12, 09:46 PM   #140
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uOpt View Post
No it's not. They clarified later that this is the people in the 30 days. I can't help noticing that there are 300,000 people who payed for the game and then never activated their play time. I wonder whether this has to do with the scheme that required you to put in a credit card and activate a subscription (for after the 30 days) which some people might have misunderstood and thought they were ripped off.

EA clearly stated that their numbers were accurate as of Feb. 1, which is well after the initial free 30 day period. They haven't released a single statement claiming otherwise since that investor conference call. Whoever told you what you are claiming lied to you.

During that call Eric Brown, the CFO said, "The majority of these subscribers are paying customers already." That was during the conference call. The 300k number is people who decided not to subscribe, not people who never played.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-12, 09:08 PM   #141
MUYA

Send a message via MSN to MUYA

lvl 27 Jedi Consular Shadow! why sahdow? reminds me of a sin in AoC? why so slow to level, well I devout my free time between Aoc and Pew Pew!
Corsair K90 - Corsair Venegance 2000 Headset - Razer Naga Epic
Corsair 600T Case
MUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-12, 08:02 AM   #142
Yaboze

Since hitting 50 on my Inquisitor (Assassin) I have slowed down quite a bit. It's hard to get another character to 50 because the replay value is pretty low. The SI story was amazing and worthy of a single player game and price, but the Trooper story is so-so and I'm finding the game to be a rough slog the second time through.

Maybe I'll take a break for a few months and come back when some new content and the UI update is in.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-12, 03:56 PM   #143
ElL33t
Brobama

I like the Republic side much better. The community is nicer and more mature. You have all the dillweeds on the Empire side. I also like the fact that I am playing the faction that is going against the grain of what is considered cool. I did get my Bounty Hunter to level 50 3 weeks ago but now I mainly play on the Republic side. My Guardian will slaughter any Jug it sees. It just seems to be more powerful than the jug. The same is with any other class one on one. It is all up front damage with a lot of armor.
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-12, 09:24 PM   #144
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
i am doing sith warrior and u will like that a lot.

i will be trying the sith inqusitor story next as an alt. might go sorc / healing this time.
Sorc healing is pretty sweet. I'm actually enjoying it more than I did my Merc BH.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote