Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-28-03, 10:33 AM   #1
Raptorman
Former Marine

Send a message via MSN to Raptorman Send a message via Yahoo to Raptorman
Default LO-MAC biggest Ubi Soft POS

Anyone else have this game? If so, do you have random crashes? The Sukhoi aircraft ****pit textures corrupted? Your target lock button only working until you shoot down the first aircraft? The "FLY" tab not working on the aircraft? Extremely poor frame rates?

When it works, it's great, but it only works for me on the F-15C and then I can only target enemy aircraft until I shoot down the first enemy contact. After that, the target lock button refuses to work. Wonderful POS that Ubi Soft made. Hopefully, they'll get a patch out that makes the game semi-playable soon. Until then, it will be sitting on my desk awaiting a patch. Considering almost everyone who has the game has the same problems out of it. This is ridiculous.
Not As Mean, Not As Lean, But Still A Marine
Ramadi 2006, 22 MEU 2007
3rd Battalion 8th Marines WPNS CO
"Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat."
RAdm. "Jay" R. Stark, USN; 10 November 1995
Raptorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-03, 04:04 PM   #2
-=DVS=-
.:. Lafiel .:.

Thumbs down

UBI Soft is worst game company ever , worse then EA i bet , all they games have lots of bugs..... Raven Shield have been out for ages and there is still many bugs/gliches/lag ...... they release big patchs who fixed nothing just changed version number
Old 12-29-03, 05:43 AM   #3
Smokey
Team Rainbow

Quote:
Originally posted by -=DVS=-
UBI Soft is worst game company ever , worse then EA i bet , all they games have lots of bugs..... Raven Shield have been out for ages and there is still many bugs/gliches/lag ...... they release big patchs who fixed nothing just changed version number
Speak for yourself DVS

Ive been playing the RavenShield retail since day one, and I havent had one day go by where I couldnt play the game because of bugs etc.

Another couple of Ubi games which seemed to go down well.
SplinterCell and XIII which I havent seen much posted about bugs in those games.

People that play pc games must realise that sometimes, bugs just cannot be fixed by the game developer, as it is due to a pc config/driver problem.

Im not a Ubi fanboy, but I do have to stand up for them considering I havent had any major problems with RavenShield since day one to present day. I have helped people in my RVS clan improve performance etc, by making just a couple of tweaks, or getting them to install different drivers etc.

@Raptorman, what driver versions have you tried? Have you been over to Rage3d? Can you confirm that other ATI users are getting the same problem?

I just think in alot of cases people are very quick to blame developers.
| Intel Q9550 @ 4GHz | Gigabyte EP45 UD3R |4x 1024MB OCZ Reaper PC9200 DDR2 | Seagate 320GB/ Maxtor 320GB/ Maxtor 500GB HDD|Sapphire HD5850 | Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Pro | Harmon Kardon AVR135 reciever | Jamo S718 speakers | 42" Plasma 720p (lounge room)-Samsung P2450H (bedroom)
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-03, 06:13 AM   #4
mrsabidji
I am the cheese...

Send a message via ICQ to mrsabidji

On the other hand, when you've been spending $40 or so on a game and you get back home and realize that you'll have to spend more time on the internet searching for a patch that will make the game work like it should (if there's actually a patch), you have some good reasons to complain. Remember not everyone has an internet connection (something a lot of developers seem to ignore lately).

mrsabidji
Old 12-29-03, 06:38 AM   #5
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

That and you have Ubi releasing "patches" that prevent you from running the game when you have software like Alcohol 120% and/or Daemon Tools installed on your machine.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-03, 09:04 PM   #6
Raptorman
Former Marine

Send a message via MSN to Raptorman Send a message via Yahoo to Raptorman

This is really the only Ubi Soft game I've had a problem with. But I have a serious dislike for how poorly Lock-On was done.
Not As Mean, Not As Lean, But Still A Marine
Ramadi 2006, 22 MEU 2007
3rd Battalion 8th Marines WPNS CO
"Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat."
RAdm. "Jay" R. Stark, USN; 10 November 1995
Raptorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-03, 09:25 PM   #7
digitalwanderer

Thumbs up An up for Ubisoft!

I don't know about the games of which your talking since I ain't played them, but I'm going thru XIII for the third time right now and loving it just as much as the first.

An incredibly good game, and solid as a rock for me. I played it thru 4xAA 8xAF without a bloody glitch, and that is a damned solid game to me!

XIII is seriously in the running for game-o-the-year for me, the cell shading just works for me and the story & gameplay are superb.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-03, 09:40 PM   #8
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Default Re: An up for Ubisoft!

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
XIII is seriously in the running for game-o-the-year for me, the cell shading just works for me and the story & gameplay are superb.
I thought the SP demo was boring and the multiplayer element was not fun at all.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-03, 03:20 AM   #9
-=DVS=-
.:. Lafiel .:.

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Smokey
Speak for yourself DVS

Ive been playing the RavenShield retail since day one, and I havent had one day go by where I couldnt play the game because of bugs etc.

Another couple of Ubi games which seemed to go down well.
SplinterCell and XIII which I havent seen much posted about bugs in those games.

People that play pc games must realise that sometimes, bugs just cannot be fixed by the game developer, as it is due to a pc config/driver problem.

Im not a Ubi fanboy, but I do have to stand up for them considering I havent had any major problems with RavenShield since day one to present day. I have helped people in my RVS clan improve performance etc, by making just a couple of tweaks, or getting them to install different drivers etc.

@Raptorman, what driver versions have you tried? Have you been over to Rage3d? Can you confirm that other ATI users are getting the same problem?

I just think in alot of cases people are very quick to blame developers.
I have been playing Raven Shield like forever also but i still hate UBI so much for Peace of Crap they make , UBI friend list was down for days now..........BTW look my clan up in CL ladder "TeaM °wNagE"
http://www.clandatabase.com/cactivity.aspx?CWNID=531590
we kick ars
Old 12-30-03, 10:40 AM   #10
digitalwanderer

Default Re: Re: An up for Ubisoft!

Quote:
Originally posted by saturnotaku
I thought the SP demo was boring and the multiplayer element was not fun at all.
I never tried the multiplayer, I really ain't got the time for that with the kids home on winter break; but I found the SP experience to be engrossing and fun as hell.

I agree the demo was a little boring, but it only had the very first mission which wasn't all that great...it's the boring tutorialish level.

I've heard a lot of people knock the game for Duchovny's droll delivery of lines, but that's how he's supposed to deliver 'em.

If you like the cell shading look you'll love the full game, if it ain't your cup of tea I'd take a pass on it.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-03, 04:02 PM   #11
theultimo
DoD + Sharepoint=Headache

Quote:
Originally posted by saturnotaku
That and you have Ubi releasing "patches" that prevent you from running the game when you have software like Alcohol 120% and/or Daemon Tools installed on your machine.
Which patch was that
theultimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-03, 04:39 PM   #12
MUYA

Send a message via MSN to MUYA

Quote:
Originally posted by theultimo
Which patch was that
Ravenshield 1.50 patch....it got removed after outcry in patch 1.51
Corsair K90 - Corsair Venegance 2000 Headset - Razer Naga Epic
Corsair 600T Case
MUYA is offline   Reply With Quote