Go Back   nV News Forums > General Forums > Archived News Items

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-15-12, 06:30 AM   #1
News

Post Mass Effect 3 Demo is Out, Not Great in Stereo 3D Mode with 3D Vision

Just a few hours ago EA has made available the demo version of the upcoming game Mass Effect 3, you can download the demo trough Origin, and as ME3 is among the games that I'm eagerly anticipating I was in a hurry to also try it out in stereo 3D mode with 3D Vision. Unfortunately as soon as the game started I was a bit disappointed with a few things that were not even stereo 3D related, like the lack of many graphics options or the fact that some of the textures in the game were quite low quality. For more graphics options you can find in the game folder an executable called MassEffect3DemoConfig.exe that will give you some more options, and considering the fact that this is just a demo, the actual game could be betterā?¦ at least I hope that we get high resolution textures there as well. As for the stereoscopic 3D support with 3D Visionā?¦ another bigger disappointment as Mass Effect 3 suffers from pretty much the same issues as the previous game in stereoscopic 3D mode, so apparently not much done to improve it here.

There is an issue with the rendering of shadows in stereo 3D mode and more specifically the dynamic shadows that you can fortunately turn off from the options menu in the game, but that is pretty much the thing you can easily do to improve how the game looks in stereo 3D mode. The HUD contains quite a few 2D elements, and that goes not only for the crosshair, but for character and enemy target markers, some objective markers and texts as well. There are issues with some post processing effects such as fire, lights, fog, smoke etc that may not be rendered correctly in stereo 3D mode and that also can cause the appearance of transparent halos around characters. The latest beta drivers 295.51 from Nvidia still did not have a 3D Vision profile for the game, there was a SLI profile added in them for ME3. Convergence is not locked in the game, so one good thing, but also something that hints that stereo 3D support wasn't even considered as a feature for Mass Effect 3. So things aren't looking that good for everyone willing to play Mass Effect 3 in stereo 3D mode with 3D Vision. There is still some time, although not much, before the game gets released early next month, so there is high probability that we are going to be playing it in plain non-stereoscopic 3D mode.

- The PC version of the game Mass Effect 3 is available for pre-order at $59.99 USDā?¦

Related posts you might be interested in:

More...
News is offline   Reply With Quote