Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-16-12, 02:42 AM   #145
Maverick123w

Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

It's dumb how much better the Imperial story arcs are written. Playing my imp alt makes it hard to go back to my Republic main.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-12, 04:52 PM   #146
ElL33t
Brobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick123w View Post
It's dumb how much better the Imperial story arcs are written. Playing my imp alt makes it hard to go back to my Republic main.
They are better but I like the Republic side better over all. My jedi guardian trashes people. If you are a jugg, forget about it. Just head to the respawn point because you ain't gonna win.
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-12, 01:37 PM   #147
Smee

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
I am still enjoying this game.

The single player/story with the mmo side for pvp and end game content is very well done. They still need to fine tune the game, but the approach is great.

I think what really made this game a success for bioware is the story and the voice acting. Without it, it would be just another generic mmo. WoW in space.

Remember guys, each class has its own unique story, so it's worth spending time on another class to see the story. Don't forget the companions as well.

Money doesn't seem an issue to me, i went slicing/treasure hunting/underworld trading. using the ah to sell everything. At lvl 34 i have close to a million credit, with a played time of 2 days/14 hours...and there is so much more content left to play.
The bold above is definitely true, but I think they are banking far too heavily on everyone doing this.
A good portion of MMO players like character advancement as a long term goal.. My Merc was in full Rakatta after 3 weeks.. I've rolled a few alts, but a big portion of my guild have moved onto to something else, or gone back to WoW..Rift etc.. and only log in on Raid nights.
Smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-12, 04:41 PM   #148
Ghosthunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
Since hitting 50 on my Inquisitor (Assassin) I have slowed down quite a bit. It's hard to get another character to 50 because the replay value is pretty low. The SI story was amazing and worthy of a single player game and price, but the Trooper story is so-so and I'm finding the game to be a rough slog the second time through.

Maybe I'll take a break for a few months and come back when some new content and the UI update is in.
I tried playing a few alts..and just cant do it..

Still playing my BH and doing some dailies and Hardmode FP when i can find a group.

I am still having fun but not putting in as much as time as I was before.
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-12, 01:40 AM   #149
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Unfortunately you need to be literate in order to find the story in WoW.

Imo I actually prefer the way wow tells its story line. Events unfold area by area.. and are relevant only to that area. While vanilla had no central theme and finding links in quest lines was slim, BC and up easily fixed this. You could come back and start a new toon and level up some place different and get a whole new experience and you experience quest lines that happened in the same time period, but in a separate part of the world. this is what makes WoW so awesome, its layout is realistic.. it is free roaming in both layout, motion, and time. The story and the events in the world do not stand still because you choose not to except a certain quest.

the only thing disappointing is the lack of seeing results from your quest. Wotlk and cata have a scan few instances where phasing allows you to see changes to a zone based on the completion of a quest change, but it would have been nice to see changes to an area, villagers returning to homes after the many many quest where I slay all the baddies that had taken over.
Old 02-18-12, 01:43 AM   #150
Greedo

i wish this game wasn't an mmporpg.

i yearn hard for more kotor.
Greedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-12, 01:48 AM   #151
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

greedo, I would have enjoyed either. Although I didn't buy old republic, only got some time in on the beta, but it was enjoyable enough. They should have just gone the guild wars route and make it free to play. Although they will probably make all their money back, it may be hard to keep asking 15 bucks a month if you are not the number 1 mmo. Its hard to be number 2 and demand the same.
Old 02-21-12, 10:32 AM   #152
Yaboze

I like WoW's world much better. SWTOR zones are planet after planet and they don't feel like real places. They have a very sterile feel. Walk down a path to water, if there is any and it's just water up to your waist. In WoW, it's a bit like Skyrim, you walk down to some water and there'll be crabs on the beach, you can see fish in the water and even enter the water and swim, submerge and look at coral and stuff. There animals in herds grazing in WoW, wolves chasing rabbits, squirrels darting across the road. All of the creatures feel placed in clumps in SWTOR. It seems the SWTOR team put much more focus on the man-made interiors (Building interiors, Underground bunker/bases, ship/station interiors) than the outdoor areas. These areas are incredibly detailed, outdoor, not so much.

Each zone flows into the other in WoW and Blizzard did go back to the 1-60 game and revamped all of the zones and quests, made them more like BC and WotLK. While it doesn't have voice acting, I like WoW's game world much more. It allows you to level up in different areas, not the same planet at every level for everyone every time. This makes a second play-through to 50 in SWTOR a rough slog.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-12, 08:09 PM   #153
Smee

I have 2 lvl 50 Characters now and one that is 42, 11-12 million credits and I play only 3-4 hours at night.

I'm thinking if they didn't have more end game ready, they should have thought about making the leveling a tad bit slower.

Had fun with the 3 different class quest lines, but there is no way I'm slogging through 15 more levels walking like a snail. The PVP is lame..
Only 2 Endgame raidzones.
If they don't kick out some content soon, I may be on my last month.
Smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-12, 10:52 AM   #154
Yaboze

Well I took a month break or so and I have rerolled some new chars.

I'm working on a BH now, love it so far, wish I made one earlier. I'm also working on a Jedi Sage.

Last edited by Yaboze; 03-26-12 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-15-12, 10:59 PM   #155
MUYA

Send a message via MSN to MUYA

OK...no one with any comment for Patch 1.2?

Legacy system!
Class nerfs due to PVP QQ?
Change to PVP gear
Change to PVP token system
Change to how PVP tokens are rewarded
No Ranked Warzones!

A lot of players have expressed extreme dissatisfaction with the PVP changes...and have threatened to rage quit.

As an avid PVP'er...my class (jedi consular shadow were untouched)i was disappointed with the changes in WZ commendation rewards structure... makes it more of a grind. Perhaps that is their intention but like any MMO, I am patient that they may fix certain aspects but I guess you have to learn to live with it as devs always think they are right than those who play the game and provide the feedback. Hope one day they will listen....and not after I rage quit lol
Corsair K90 - Corsair Venegance 2000 Headset - Razer Naga Epic
Corsair 600T Case
MUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-12, 10:20 AM   #156
Yaboze

1.2 has a lot of bugs. I have two 50's and anticipate the free month they are giving out if you have a 50. My account expires on the 19th. So far I have no received the email and it's still showing my account expiring in 3 days. We'll see.

This game is filler for me until D3 as well. Just killing time until 5/15.